Caen Travel Answers

change location

Must see activities

by sirinfil Online Now Jul 31, 2003 at 12:52 AM

Hi, We are planning to visit Caen for one day, and may be stay there one night. Can you advise places to see, restaurants and hotels there? I have heard of a World War 2 museum in Caen. Is it worth seeing. Or where do you advise to see about the Nomandy battle? Thank you

Quote & Answer
2 Answers
  • Re: Must see activities

by jayhawk2000 Online Now Jul 31, 2003 at 2:33 PM

Everything you need to know, including a good hotel, restaurants and sights can be found on my Caen page. Nearby Bayeux is also worth a look and is closer to the Normandy beaches.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • fireblade4ever's Profile Photo

Re: Must see activities

by fireblade4ever Online Now May 3, 2004 at 1:02 PM

You probably wont have any problems finding activities there this summer. With the 60th D-Day anniversary celebrations starting early may, there will be tours and ww2 related stuff for tourists everyday. Some of the best places to see arent that far away, for example, the new museum in Arromanches or simply visiting the many small communities along the coast willl surely give you a glimpse into history. German bunkers still litter the landscape in some places and the cemeteries will leave you speechless. There are things so see everywhere in Normandy, many of them merely an hour's drive from Caen. The best way is to ask the locals. I hope you end up spending more than one day. Have a nice trip.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines