Caen Travel Answers

change location
GentleSpirit's Profile Photo

bus service to Mont St Michel

by GentleSpirit Online Now Feb 25, 2013 at 10:05 AM

I know the train doesnt go there directly, is there a bus from Caen that can take me to Mont St Michel or very nearby

Quote & Answer
5 Answers
  • leics's Profile Photo

Re: bus service to Mont St Michel

by leics Online Now Feb 25, 2013 at 10:26 AM

I'm afraid not.

There is a bus from Pontorson (which has a railway station).

accueilmontsaintmichel.com/s...

1 member found this helpful

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • GentleSpirit's Profile Photo

by GentleSpirit Online Now Feb 25, 2013 at 11:31 AM

close enough:) thanks Leics

Be the first to rate this answer!

• Maryimelda's Profile Photo

by Maryimelda Online Now Feb 25, 2013 at 4:33 PM

There is also a bus from the train station at Rennes which runs very regularly and seems very efficient. I travelled from Paris to MSM in one day by taking the TGV from Montparnasse at 7.05am and connecting with the bus in Rennes. I had quite a few hours on MSM and was back in Paris in plenty of time for dinner. Highly recommended but if you are staying in Caen you can do a similar journey by taking the regional train from Caen at 7.11am and arriving (with no changes) in Rennes at 10.03 am. It's about 37 minutes longer journey than mine was but would still give you ample time to see Le Mont.

Any effort made to visit this fabulous site is well worth your while, believe me. It's a one of a kind thing that will leave you enthralled.

1 member found this helpful

• wise23girl's Profile Photo

by wise23girl Online Now Feb 25, 2013 at 5:18 PM

We were there in July 2012 and around MSM there was a lot of reconstruction. Where we needed to park was a looong way from the main entrance ......previously it had only been a short walk. There are toilets at the drop off spot. There is transport provided for part of the way but not all......There was transport for disabled .

You may want to check this out re  current situation, time allocation, and mobility.

We had come from St Malo....our taxi driver (missed the bus/good price) is pictured here on the walk. I know the timetables were improved just after our visit. "Visit Mont-Saint-Michel from Saint-Malo" - Saint-Malo Things to Do Tip by wise23girl

• cubsur's Profile Photo

by cubsur Online Now Feb 27, 2013 at 10:02 AM

But there are very few trains between Caen and Pontorson! Very few indeed.

Mondays at 0539, all weekdays at 0711 and Saturdays at 0912 then nothing for five hours. That's it.

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines