change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• ReneeS17's Profile Photo

Taxis at Lecco train station

Lecco 4 hours ago

Are there taxis at the Lecco train station? We will need one to get to our hotel in Malgrate

more
    • AlanDives's Profile Photo

1st-time visitor

Milan Mar 1, 2015 at 4:11 PM

I will be in Milan in mid-April and would appreciate any suggestions regarding neighborhoods and hotels to stay in and things to do. Grazie.

more
    • First visit to Milan: recommend a neighbourhood to stay?

Milan Feb 25, 2015 at 4:06 PM

Greetings all,
      For a week-long, first-time visit to Milan, in which areas should I look to for accommodation? Would somewhere near the duomo make sense? I do like to be close to main attractions. Any recommended neighbourhoods / streets close to attractions, etc? Hotel suggestions?

Molto grazie!
      GM.

more
    • Milan Bergamo to campus martinitt

Milan Feb 5, 2015 at 3:51 PM

Hi !
      I Have some questions, and I will be greatful if someone can help me....
      1. What train should I get from milan bergamo airport to campus martinitt??
      2. Where can I eat near this campus (cheap food)?
      3. What train should I get to Milan centrale?
      Kind regards :)

more
    • Opera cafe

Milan Feb 17, 2015 at 1:18 AM

Sometime back on a TV programme I saw a café nearby the opera house where the retired opera singers frequent and often exercise their singing ability. Does anyone know where this is and the name please.

Many thanx

more
    • travelfrosch's Profile Photo

Milan - Geneva Eurocity after June 13

Milan Feb 28, 2015 at 8:51 AM

If one is to believe the timetables (SBB and Trenitalia, as well as DB), there will be no Eurocity service between Milan and Geneva, or even to Brig, after June 13. Since I also notice there are apparently no Freccia trains scheduled after that date, I was wondering if there was some sort of mid-year timetable change. Since I can find no mention of one, even from the Man in Seat 61, does anyone have any further information on when the new timetables might be available? Thanks.

more
    • Milan to Ventimiglia to Monaco

Milan Feb 19, 2015 at 9:50 AM

Hello all and thanks in advance for the help. This site is great.
      -I was misinformed that in order to go to Milan to Monaco, I would need to take a train from Milano Centrale to Ventimiglia then take a train from Ventimiglia to Monaco.
      -So I bought a train ticket on Trenitalia (Thello 159 depart at 15:10) from Milano Centrale to Ventimiglia, but now I realize that that same train will actually continue on to Monte Carlo.
      -Do you think it would be okay if I simply stayed on the train. The far from Milan to Ventimiglia is the exact same as the fare from Milan to Monte Carlo, Monaco. Instead of getting off and taking another train could I simply stay on and continue to my destination?

Thanks

more
    • Trenitalia | Can't book as a non registered user

Milan Feb 17, 2015 at 6:37 AM

Hi,
      -Trying to book a ticket from Milan Centrale to Ventimiglia on March 17th.
      -When I go through all the options and attempt to pay I get the following error message "To continue it is required to enter user name and password"
      -I am not Italian/ do not reside in Italy which is a requirement for registering. So as far as I can tell, I must purchase the ticket as a non registered user. But I get the above message.
      -The train is not regional so the "7 Days out " rule shouldn't be an issue.

Thank you in advance to anyone that is able to offer some information about this. I have read through a couple of threads that say this is more difficult than it should be but I have also heard that it's fairly simple. Maybe I am missing something? Looking forward to getting this done as soon as possible. As I understand it, the tickets get more and more expensive the closer you get to the travel date. So I would like to book as far in advance as possible in order to save money on my trip. Thank You

more
    • Rail information from Milan

Sirmione Feb 24, 2015 at 2:11 AM

How to get to Sermione from Milan. Would like to do a return trip by train in September

more
    • Evenings in Griante

by JoyC405 Online Now Jan 11, 2015 at 5:42 AM

We are hoping to travel to Lake Como this summer and are looking at the possibility of staying in Griante. Is there enough buzz in the evenings. We do not look for entertainment but like to potter about, perhaps a few shops and of course spend the evening dining but do like a 'buzz' and people watching. Is this typical of this area.

• Visit to Lugano

by Ali93 Online Now Aug 9, 2014 at 5:15 AM

How easy is it to make a day trip to Lugano from Cadenabbia?

1 Answer Aug 9, 2014 at 5:23 AM
    • eurokids's Profile Photo

TIrano to Cadenabbia

by eurokids Online Now Apr 3, 2014 at 8:12 AM

What is the best mode of transportation from Tirano to Cadenabbia?

2 Answers Apr 3, 2014 at 10:43 AM
    • SallyM's Profile Photo

Malpensa to Cadenabbia

by SallyM Online Now Feb 21, 2013 at 2:26 PM

Is it relatively easy to get from Malpensa airport to Cadenabbia by public transport (with a moderate amount of luggage)?

5 Answers Feb 23, 2013 at 11:26 AM