change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• Sintra Caterer and Musician

Sintra Jul 18, 2014 at 11:41 AM

Hi all.

Planning my wedding in Sintra next September. I'm trying to find a caterer in the area who could provide food for a BBQ for the day after the wedding. The size of the group would be roughly 60 people.

Also if anybody knew of a great local musician suitable for the wedding ceremony and cocktail reception that would be awesome.

Thanks so much!

K

more
    • is the shop still there

Distrito de Lisboa Jul 6, 2014 at 5:27 PM

Does any one know if Christiano Ronaldos shop CR 7 is still in Lisboa? My grandson wants me to bring som Things back with me. Thank you

more
    • Lavra Funicular

Lisbon Jul 9, 2014 at 8:46 AM

Carris website says Lavra funicular was closed during a period in March and April for repairs. I just wanted to make sure it is open again now. Does anyone know? Thanks.

more
    • Sintra ceramics

Sintra Jul 8, 2014 at 1:20 PM

I would like to buy fish and seahorse designed hand painted ceramics we saw in Sintra.The shop was on the left just above the bus parking area.

more
    • Holiday and Elevador Gloria

Lisbon Jul 8, 2014 at 12:03 PM

I will be in Lisbon on the Feast of Assumption (Friday Aug. 15), staying near the Elevador do Gloria. I want to ride the elevador, but am a little confused as to whether this means the elevador will be closed at certain times that day or night. Here is what Carris' web site says (English page), but I'm still confused:

Monday to Thursday (except holiday eve): 7:00 a.m. to 11:55 p.m.
      Friday (except holiday) and holiday eve´s (Monday to Thursday): 7:00 a.m. to 00:25 a.m.
      Saturday (except holiday): 8:30 a.m. to 00:20 a.m.
      Sunday and holiday´s (except holiday eve): 9:00 a.m. to 11:55 p.m.
      Sunday (if holiday eve): 9:00 a.m. to 00:25 a.m.

For one thing, I'm not sure how to interpret "holiday eve" and understand how it applies to me. I will get to Lisbon Thursday morning and leave Saturday afternoon. I'm assuming that on Friday, if Feast of Assumption is a major holiday in Portugal, the elevador runs from 9:00 to almost midnight, I guess on the Thursday before, it runs from 7:00 to almost midnight. Are these assumptions correct?

more
    • Is there anyone looking for apartment in Lisbon?

Lisbon Jul 8, 2014 at 6:23 AM

We have booked a large apartment in Lisbon from 12th of August - 19th. The apartment is huge (250m2) and concerning the fact that it receives 6 people, and there are three of us, we are looking for at least two more people to split the costs. Is there anyone interested?

more
    • Fatima for the day

Arrifana Jun 30, 2014 at 5:50 PM

I would like to take a bus from Arrifana to Fatima for the day - how do I do this?

more
    • Good fish restaurants

Estoril Jul 13, 2014 at 5:11 AM

Hi!
      Leaving for Estoril tomorrow. Wondering what restaurants you recommend for fresh fish dishes. Also are there any alternative nightclubs were you can go out dancing that doesn't play just main stream music?

more
    • Transport Ericeira

Ericeira Jun 28, 2014 at 10:31 AM

Hi ,travelling with my family in July and staying in Ericeria. Can anyone recommend a car hire company either in Ericeria or from Lisbon airport. Also part of my family want to travel to Ericeria by public transport if possible. Any suggestions or advice? Cheers

more
    • Medieval obidos

Lisbon Jul 4, 2014 at 2:36 PM

How many stars for a tour to Obidos? How would you rate it?

more
    • Visiting in October 2014

Lisbon Jul 18, 2014 at 1:03 PM

I am visiting in October and I am a photographer interested in site seeing and relaxing any advice on saving money while seeing the most and what areas to stay away from?

more
    • ChioQuiroz's Profile Photo

Airport transportation

Lisbon Jul 6, 2014 at 6:09 AM

Hi
      I have a flight at 6:40 am and wanted to the cheapest way to get to the airport at that time of the day. Not sure if public transportation is open that early or if I have to take a cab how much would it be from Barrio Alto.
      Thank you

more
    • Way to determine tram/bus stops

Lisbon Yesterday

I was curious to find out if anyone knows of a web site that shows exactly where the tram 28 and tram 15 stops. I've looked at the Carris description of the stops, but they only go so far in giving me the exact information I need to determine how to navigate to a particular place once I get off the tram (or bus, if that's what I'm taking). I've started using the routing system on Carris (forget what it's called) and that also helps me a bit, but I would love to find a map that shows the exact tram (and bus stops) if possible. For major places, like Rossio, the spider maps help, but I don't think there are spider maps for each place I want to go.

I'm not very good at navigating in a new city, so I need all the help I can get. I also like to have my route somewhat planned out ahead of time, to save time and frustration, and lessen the chances of being pickpocketed, which I hear can especially be a problem around certain trams and locations in Lisbon. There really is no way to look less touristy, non-European or younger, and I can't choose to go at any other time than summer.

Obrigada/thanks!

more
    • Baixa/Chiado Metro Question

Lisbon Jul 7, 2014 at 6:26 PM

Since I've gotten great info on here, I thought I'd ask some more questions. I'm a little confused as to where the Baixa/Chiado metro stations are. I have a map which shows both of them, so I know they are close together, except one is farther east. However I can't figure out is which one is the azul line and which one is the green (verde? sorry; can't remember) line. Also, which one will get me to the Armazens do Chiado Mall? Are the two stations or entrances connected by a tunnel? Which is the one that has all the gorgeous purple lights?

Obrigada.

more
    • What kind of clothes to pack for a autumn-winter in Lisbon?

Lisbon Jul 10, 2014 at 1:23 PM

Hello :)
      I'll stay in Lisbon from September till February. I don't know what type of clothes should I pack: do I need rain boots or thick clothing? Or a light leather jacket and cardigans are enough?

Thank you!

more
    • Bike Lisboa-Cascais

Cascais Jul 5, 2014 at 1:08 AM

Hello,
      Does anyone know if there is a bike-path or a relatively safe costalroad where a very fit 16-year old can go by bike from Lisboa to Cascais?

more
    • MsLena's Profile Photo

Anywhere to leave luggage?

by MsLena Online Now Apr 6, 2014 at 6:18 AM

I will be going alone from Cascais to Sintra by bus 403 next Monday, carrying a suitcase. I would like to get off the bus at Cabo de Roca and stay there for one hour before the next bus arrives. Is there anywhere I can store/leave my luggage for that hour?

Greetings from Lena

2 Answers Apr 6, 2014 at 8:39 AM
    • Sun set at Cabo da Roca

by winner5555 Online Now Jan 31, 2014 at 6:21 AM

I will arrive at TERMINAL1 LISBON In'tl airport,1245 15th MAY.

And I want to see the beautiful Sun set at Cabo da Roca.

Is it possible? And how can I get there by train?

2 Answers Jan 31, 2014 at 10:50 AM
    • to hire a bus?

by Madelinef Online Now May 14, 2013 at 12:06 PM

hello, maybe me and my class go to cabo de roca in september 2014. our question is, if we can hire a bus, so that we can drive to Lisabon when we want? we don't want to drive by train.

3 Answers May 29, 2013 at 7:36 AM
    • transportation

by moziquo Online Now Feb 28, 2013 at 9:49 AM

i am wondering how do i get to the hotels from cabo da roca? is there any taxis or is it easy to walk there after sunset or theres still bus available after sunset? i probably will choose to live in arribas/vip miramonte hotel/miramonte hotel, which seems to be the closest to cabo da roca...

4 Answers Mar 3, 2013 at 2:38 AM
    • Turska's Profile Photo

How long it takes to Cabo da Roca from Lisboa?

by Turska Online Now Mar 9, 2009 at 5:59 AM

and is it wise for me to go there when I´m very afraid of highs?Is there places reached easily to see this point without going up?Or is it worth going up there,if I can´t go to edge?Some said at tips,that easier busroad goes from Cascais,if you don´t like narrow roads and hights.Is it still so?The tip was 6 years old,so if the bus-systems have changed,and take different roads.Where the bus leaves you?Near the lighthouse or more far away?I´m not sure should we vist here,that´s why I ask all this.We are going at June to July,so I´m only starting to figure out what trips we might do from Lisboa.We stay 10 nights there.

10 Answers Mar 12, 2009 at 5:44 AM
    • OanaKLM's Profile Photo

How to get to Cabo de Roca

by OanaKLM Online Now Oct 9, 2007 at 11:57 AM

Hi,

I want to visit Cabo de Roca. Can some one please tell me how to get there from Sintra (by bus)?

Thank you,
      Oana

1 Answer Oct 10, 2007 at 3:19 AM