Cabo San Lucas Travel Answers

change location

Should I rent a car in Cabo

by caspersea Online Now May 24, 2010 at 10:21 AM

I have a rental car reserved for my June '10 trip to Cabo. I understand there's a10/day fee added for their mandatory insurance, and accept that. Now I'm hearing at the rental car counter they add on a couple of hundred dollars beyond the quoted taxes and fees for road repair. Does anyone know if this is true? Also, I'm hearing drivers may be jailed for minor traffic accidents until a hearing, to resolve who was at fault? Is this true? I'm having second thoughts about renting, but it seems that taxis are so expensive there. Thank you in advance for any insight you can give me!

Quote & Answer
1 Answer
  • juliogg's Profile Photo

Re: Should I rent a car in Cabo

by juliogg Online Now May 24, 2010 at 11:34 AM

Rentals in CSL are just like other places. Suggest you rent AT the airport with an International Co. (Hertz, Avis etc.) Get the FULL Insurnce coverage. This will cover YOU. I have never been charged extras. A private cab ride from the airport to downtown Cabo will cost you 85 US Dlrs. Depending on how long you plan to stay in Cabo, try and see if your Hotel has airport pick up. You dont want a car on the day you go fishing or golfing. and in Downtown cabo there are economical jeep rentals that you could do for just 1 day. Dont get put off by Horror stories.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines