Cabarete Travel Answers

change location

Cabarete in August

by jentetur Online Now Jan 9, 2008 at 5:32 AM

Hi!
I'm concidering going to Cabarete in august/september, but I've heard that that is the main hurricane season. I'm wondering if it is as bad as everyone says it is, or if it is still possible to travel to Cabarete for diving, beach and so forth, or should I plan the trip for another time?

Thanks for any answers =)

Quote & Answer
3 Answers
  • gfinesilver's Profile Photo

Re: Cabarete in August

by gfinesilver Online Now Jan 9, 2008 at 10:13 AM

the thing about hurricane season in the caribbean is that it's unpredictable. when i was living in cabarete it was raining quite a bit but there were still some days of sun. i managed to go diving around that time but not in cabarete as there is no good diving there. you have to go to the other side of the island.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • argylewoman's Profile Photo

by argylewoman Online Now Feb 13, 2008 at 11:09 PM

Hi, I've been staying in Cabarete a few times in August, it can be quite hot and the humidity is very high and sometimes it rains but I have never witnessed a hurricane so far. The weather is different each year, anyway. I would go without worrying too much.

• ladrivas's Profile Photo

by ladrivas Online Now Dec 25, 2009 at 6:36 PM

Residencial Casa Linda, villas for rent, sale, fractional ownership. AFFORDABLE PRICES. The world’s next destination - Summer all year around

The Dominican Republic offers the least expensive real estate in the Caribbean at unbeatable prices compared with rest of the Caribbean. Sunny, warm climate all year round, pristine beaches and friendly people.
    …and maybe best of all, due to geographical/physical reasons we have never had any hurricanes on the north coast in 70 years.

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines