Cabarete Travel Answers

change location

hotel alegria or casa blanca

by wrightsville Online Now Mar 16, 2007 at 7:25 PM

Can anyone give me any advice on which hotel to choose from? They both seem within my budget and close to each other. I will be in Cabarete for 10 days at the beginning of April and want to make sure I stay somewhere I will be comfortable. Any advice would be great. Thanks.

Quote & Answer
3 Answers
  • Re: hotel alegria or casa blanca

by backfromDR Online Now Mar 23, 2007 at 7:10 PM

hey - i just got back from the DR and some time in Cabarete. Be warned - it is frantically busy. If you haven't travelled to a third world country before, the culture shock will be, well, shocking.
    anyway, Casa Blanca is cheap and has a small pool but is right on the edge of town, a bit far out. i stayed at Hotel Kaoba but recommend Alegria - supposed to be quite nice.
    any questions about CAbarete or DR feel free to e-mail me - karensegal@hotmail.com

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • Hotel Kaoba

by epgepg Online Now Mar 28, 2007 at 6:37 PM

Hey - how was Hotel Kaoba? I am going to DR in a few weeks and was thinking of booking a room at Hotel Kaoba. How far is it from the kitesurfing beach? Any info would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

• Re: hotel alegria or casa blanca

by tulip1956 Online Now Sep 1, 2007 at 3:53 PM

Both are nice. Alegria has not pool so we went with Casa Blanca. Great breakfast and lunch right there at Claro's. We like the beach, couple hundred feet away, and that is closer than at some large all inclusives we stayed at. But we also like to sit by a pool and read and that took us to the Casa Blanca. Rooms at27 worked out to about14 per person, not easy to beat. I think in low season they go down to22 but I am not sure.

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines