Cabanatuan City Travel Answers

change location
connectingsouls's Profile Photo

Places to see in Cabanatuan

by connectingsouls Online Now Jan 23, 2013 at 2:02 AM

Hi, I am coming from India for an official visit in the city of Cabanatuan (26 Jan to 02 Feb). It is my first visit to Philipinnes.

I will be free to do sight seeing on Sunday. I would like to know which places can I see in the city-forts, museums, parks. Other weekdays, I will be free after 5.30 pm and would like to know if it is safe to roam around in the city and what can i see. I am a vegetarian (not eat fish,pork,chicken) and wondering if any restaurant serves vegetarian food.

Thanks
Connecting souls

Quote & Answer
5 Answers
  • davidjo's Profile Photo

Re: Places to see in Cabanatuan

by davidjo Online Now Jan 23, 2013 at 2:21 AM

localphilippines.com/destina...

I am afraid that you have picked a city with not much to offer as i have passed by there and stopped there several times over the last 20 years and have actually seen nothing worthy of my recommendation and the above is all i found on the internet. It is just a busy dirty town on the highway north and an intersection for a road going east to the coastal town of Baler. Vegetarian restaurants are quite difficult to find in the Philippines but of course you can request that they cook something specially for you at better restaurants.
    I suggest if you have time catch a bus at 5.30 on saturday evening to the beautiful coastal town of Baler, spend sunday there and catch a return bus mid afternoon. Baler is an amazing place and the province of Aurora is heavily forested and the journey there is very scenic. Please look at my travel pages regarding Baler and i can guarantee it is worth a visit if time permits.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • connectingsouls's Profile Photo

by connectingsouls Online Now Jan 23, 2013 at 3:18 AM

Thanks David for such a quick reply-i arrive on sat afternoon and have a meeting early morning on sunday and then, entire week busy with work.

thanks for letting me know about this, will surely see the pics

regards
    connectingsoul

• davidjo's Profile Photo

by davidjo Online Now Jan 23, 2013 at 3:30 AM

Sorry but i cannot say anything positive to say about the place but maybe a local may come up with some interesting info.

• edwinic's Profile Photo

by edwinic Online Now Jan 25, 2013 at 10:10 PM

Had a talk with a workmate who grew up in Cabanatuan CIty. Its a place built from rice fields and its better known as a stopovers to those travelling furher North. Theres not much, no old churches, no historical landmark. Dont expect much but an interaction with the people.
    As to the pure vegetable fare, you will not find any, but I hope you do.

• connectingsouls's Profile Photo

by connectingsouls Online Now Jan 30, 2013 at 7:30 AM

Thanks Edwin for taking an effort to find out information. yup, this is a slow city and i am enjoying the peace and smiles of people around. had a great time watching gay beauty pageant tonight.

thanks

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Popular Cabanatuan City Travel Answer Locations