change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• miczngrz's Profile Photo

Should I rent a campervan or not?

by miczngrz Online Now Apr 15, 2014 at 6:19 PM

I'm going to Byron Bay for the Easter weekend, now I can't decide if I should rent a campervan or not? I am going to watch Bluesfest [http://www.bluesfest.com.au/] but most of the campsites are sold out. I read this blog that mentioned the bluesfest [blog.vroomvroomvroom.com/201...] so i decided to check out their list of campervans, now I am not sure if it is a wise idea to hire one or just book a hotel. However, I know that most hotels are quite far from the venue. Can anyone help me decide?

more
    • miczngrz's Profile Photo

Should I rent a campervan or not?

by miczngrz Online Now Apr 15, 2014 at 6:19 PM

I'm going to Byron Bay for the Easter weekend, now I can't decide if I should rent a campervan or not? I am going to watch Bluesfest [http://www.bluesfest.com.au/] but most of the campsites are sold out. I read this blog that mentioned the bluesfest [blog.vroomvroomvroom.com/201...] so i decided to check out their list of campervans, now I am not sure if it is a wise idea to hire one or just book a hotel. However, I know that most hotels are quite far from the venue. Can anyone help me decide?

9 Answers 6 hours ago
    • Good cheap accommodation & Seafood?

by helpcan Online Now Dec 28, 2010 at 2:03 PM

I'm visiting with my girlfriend in Jan - actually set to stay at broadbeach for 7 nights but I'm thinking about changing so we have a few nights in Byron Bay.

Can anyone suggest a place that's clean, nice, not too expensive and possibly near the beach or fairly central?

I'd also love to hear about where the best spots for eating fresh seafood are? either markets or restaurants/cafes etc.

Thanks !!

2 Answers Jan 19, 2014 at 8:30 PM
    • aYankinSyd's Profile Photo

Byron Bay

by aYankinSyd Online Now Oct 12, 2009 at 9:30 PM

Hey team - wow it's been a while since I've posted...heading to Byron on my own for a week (arriving on Saturday). Is anybody going to be there for a beer/run in the sun? If so, get in touch. Happy travels :) Mike

1 Answer Jan 19, 2014 at 8:58 PM
    • Looking for a long term place to stay

by RitikaRia Online Now Apr 28, 2009 at 10:00 PM

Hi all,

Me and my husband are coming to Byron Bay in a week's time and are thinking of staying there for 3 to 6 months depending on how long our money lasts. We are looking for a house to rent. People tell us that it's not a problem to find a place this time of year. Where would I find this info? All the accomodations listed on byron-bay.com are short term luxury stuff. Can someone please help?!?!

3 Answers May 4, 2009 at 8:42 AM
    • closing times

by sealpup Online Now Dec 6, 2008 at 3:19 PM

Just wanting to know the closing times of the nightclubs in byron bay on the 26th or the morning of the 27th please

• laurenmoyes's Profile Photo

Searching for a room....

by laurenmoyes Online Now Sep 22, 2008 at 3:53 AM

Hi all,
      I am going to be in Byron Bay for the summer period, and have already booked a place to stay in a hostel. However, as I am there for a few months, I don't really want to be paying high prices for a dorm the whole time, and would like to rent somewhere - house or unit I don't really mind. Does anyone know of where places are advertised?
      Thanks

1 Answer Sep 22, 2008 at 7:21 PM
    • travelpedro's Profile Photo

Accommodation in Byron Bay

by travelpedro Online Now Sep 3, 2008 at 3:53 AM

Hi
      I will be in Byron Bay with two mates in December (probably 25th to 28th) and i am looking for advice as to where to stop.
      There does not appear to be any hostels, but am i looking on the wrong site (hostels.com)?
      I would appreciate any recommendations? doesn't have to be posh, just looking to have a laugh and a good time
      Thanks

3 Answers Sep 3, 2008 at 7:19 PM
    • Water tempratures

by frederikranke Online Now Apr 7, 2008 at 2:14 AM

What is the normal sea temp. in late May/early June and August?

Regards
      Frederik

6 Answers Apr 13, 2008 at 5:19 AM
    • WillowCat's Profile Photo

Byron Bay YHA or Cape Byron YHA or other suggestion?

by WillowCat Online Now Oct 28, 2007 at 5:01 PM

Hi
      Anyone stay in the YHA's Byron Bay or Cape Byron? I am heading that way shortly and both have a double room (private)for about75-80 per night. If not these, is there any other suggestions for similar rate clean rooms? I am traveling on my own and in my late 30's so not looking to share and want a quieter place without a lot of partying.
      Thanks

3 Answers Nov 11, 2007 at 11:06 AM
    • Looking for people to share Large house/warehouse in Byron Bay!!!

by yoroz Online Now Mar 26, 2007 at 2:38 AM

Hi, We're a couple from Melbourne and we are moving to Byron bay in mid April. we're looking for some people to share a warehouse or any LARGE house/converted factory in order to have as much fun as we can in a unique environment.

Both of us have traveled extensively around the world... especially south east Asia and more than happy to answer any questions about India,Laos,Vietnam,New York,Canada,Thailand,Amsterdam,Israel,Australia,New Zealand,Nepal,China and many other wonderful places.

We're looking for about 4-5 people in order to lease a big space and experience something different...:):):) Does anyone want to join us in looking for a place like that and be a part of something different?

• cybergenic's Profile Photo

Snorkelling with Sea Turtles

by cybergenic Online Now Feb 11, 2007 at 8:08 PM

hi, I am going to Byron this week.
      Has anyone done the snorkelling with Sea Turtles tour?
      If so, what is the best time to go?
      Cheers

chris

• Bus or train

by sammi2122 Online Now Feb 6, 2007 at 2:28 PM

Hey, I am travelling from Byron Bay to Gold coast and then from Gold Coast to Brisbane but i cant find any bus or train websites that offer this service, can anybody help please?

1 Answer Feb 7, 2007 at 2:10 AM
    • Buying a van or motorhome!

by denetarik Online Now Jan 8, 2007 at 7:48 AM

Hello! this is more general question about Australia than Byron Bay, but here it goes my question: I ´ve heard that many tourists buy a van or motorhome, they run the coast for some months, and then they sell it to another tourists. I´m planning something like this, but, how many can it cost? More or less.

Thank you very much!!

1 Answer Jan 8, 2007 at 1:39 PM
    • jeffa79's Profile Photo

Best Places To Stay In Byron

by jeffa79 Online Now Nov 3, 2006 at 3:03 AM

My girlfriend and I are spending about 6 nights in Byron in early-mid December and are looking for suggestions on good places to stay in the area, well located and not too expensive (we are travelling for around a month so budget is pretty important).

Any suggestions on budget hotels for the area? Ideally we would be looking to pay around AUS$130-150 per night but obviously this would change depending on what we could get.

Please advise us on the best places to stay in the area.

Many thanks,
      Jeff

8 Answers Nov 6, 2006 at 1:35 AM
    • beclee78's Profile Photo

Splendour Accomm - Spare Driveway Anybody??

by beclee78 Online Now Jun 4, 2006 at 11:31 PM

Hello all Byron Bayers!..

I am heading to Splendour in the Grass this july (22/23) and need to find accommodation!.. since hearing there is nothing available in Byron for rent, we (5 lovely friendly late-twenties ladies) are going to hire a campervan and drive up from sydney.. so all we need is somewhere to park our van in Byron.. we will be fully self-contained (we have water, toilet, shower, waste, kitchen onboard) and promise to be friendly and quiet neighbours.. so if you will let us park in your driveway/front yard for 3-4 days, we will reward you handsomely ($$) for your kindness!

Please reply or email me at beclee78@hotmail.com

Any information on other accommodation options is appreciated as well!

Thanks,

Beck

1 Answer Jun 6, 2006 at 6:09 PM
    • Is Byron a good destination with children

by Lucyn Online Now May 11, 2006 at 5:52 AM

We're out in Australia for 6 weeks this July and August, 5 weeks working in Sydney and then a week free in August. We're thinking about flying up to Byron for a week, but I'm wondering if it's a good place to stay with children - ours are aged 9 and 3. We're looking for somewhere with some sunshine but don't want to go to the far north as we visited there on our last trip. Hoping to find somewhere pretty and laid back, with plenty of opportunities for cafes and people watching, walking and beach days. Some yoga for me would be good too! Does Byron still fit that profile or is it overdeveloped now? Any comments welcome, especially if anyone out there has any other destinations you'd recommend.
      Thank you

3 Answers May 12, 2006 at 1:13 PM
    • Driving from Sydney to Byron Bay

by noazy Online Now Jan 22, 2006 at 7:46 PM

Hi there
      My boyfriend and I are planning a 1 week trip to Byron Bay in mid February. We are tossing up between driving (and staying a night at the beginning and end in Port Macquarie) or flying (and spending an extra two nights in Byron).
      I would love some feedback as to whether the drive up to Byron is worthwhile. Is there much to see and what is the best route to take ? Any little tips would be great if you think that the road trip is a good idea... (ie places of interest, cafes/towns to stop at)
      Thanks

7 Answers Jun 27, 2006 at 9:42 PM
    • Jasminerose's Profile Photo

Hostels in Byron Bay..

by Jasminerose Online Now Oct 29, 2005 at 3:08 AM

Hiya all,

I have enjoyed a great week in Sydney but am arriving in Byron Bay on Monday.
      I am looking forward to enjoying the beautiful landscape that I have heard so much about. Also have heard this may be a good place to do a 'Yoga Instructors' course, is this so? But essentially I would like some recommendations on a clean and quiet hostel, and the cheapest one possible ? I have been paying24 dollars p/night for a 10 bed dorm in Sydney and looking to reduce costs if poss. but still have a clean and safe place. I am arriving in to Ballina Airport, is there a particular shuttle bus I should get to the main beach? Sorry for all the questions : ) it is my first time to Australia, and this site is proving to be wonderful help. * cheers all.

4 Answers Oct 30, 2005 at 2:13 AM
    • anais's Profile Photo

byron bay

by anais Online Now Dec 9, 2004 at 4:59 AM

hey there :-) i m planning to go to byron bay and wanted to get more info about accomodation, beaches etc. are there good parties going on (goa, trance, electronic...)?? and what about the community there? i m looking for cool relaxed people. i m planning to stay for 4 weeks, what about the visa for australia? do i need one if i have a european passport (austria)? i appreciate any information free the fairies! :-)

5 Answers Dec 16, 2004 at 2:02 AM
    • yogachick2004's Profile Photo

where's the party?

by yogachick2004 Online Now Jun 2, 2004 at 11:34 AM

I heard that Byron Bay is the most incredible place on earth with the Yoga Arts, sun and surf. What is the community like there? Young, backpacker types? I'm looking for information about the places to hang out and soak in the world.

6 Answers Jun 2, 2004 at 11:27 PM