Byron Bay Travel Answers

change location

Good cheap accommodation & Seafood?

by helpcan Online Now Dec 28, 2010 at 2:03 PM

I'm visiting with my girlfriend in Jan - actually set to stay at broadbeach for 7 nights but I'm thinking about changing so we have a few nights in Byron Bay.

Can anyone suggest a place that's clean, nice, not too expensive and possibly near the beach or fairly central?

I'd also love to hear about where the best spots for eating fresh seafood are? either markets or restaurants/cafes etc.

Thanks !!

Quote & Answer
2 Answers
  • leffe3's Profile Photo

Re: Good cheap accommodation & Seafood?

by leffe3 Online Now Dec 28, 2010 at 4:24 PM

One of the best hostels in Byron is Arts Factory - www.artsfactory.com.au - and the attached Buddha Bar & Restaurant for eating.

Byron is an eclectic place - alternatives, surfers, BMW drivers, combie vans, pearls and tattos... And Byron caters for them all - Paul Hogan and Russell Crowe have been known to drink in the Byron Bay Hotel. That hotel can be particularly crazy (read busy) but there's plenty of places to chose from regarding eating - from the upmarket (but very good) 'Dish' through to the organic vegetarian 'Green Gourmet'. Lots of cheap cafes line the main street. And then there's 'Fishmongers' behind the Beach Hotel which should satisfy your seafood desire :)

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • Re: Good cheap accommodation & Seafood?

by agatethompson Online Now Jun 15, 2012 at 5:50 AM

Have you heard about "Byron Beach Resort", it is a nice hotel in a characteristic part of Byron Bay and close to the shops, bars and restaurants. Clean rooms, friendly reception staff which provided us with a lot of great city tips and other handy information!

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines