Byron Bay Travel Answers

change location
laurenmoyes's Profile Photo

Searching for a room....

by laurenmoyes Online Now Sep 22, 2008 at 3:53 AM

Hi all,
I am going to be in Byron Bay for the summer period, and have already booked a place to stay in a hostel. However, as I am there for a few months, I don't really want to be paying high prices for a dorm the whole time, and would like to rent somewhere - house or unit I don't really mind. Does anyone know of where places are advertised?
Thanks

Quote & Answer
1 Answer
  • Re: Searching for a room....

by Anne12 Online Now Sep 22, 2008 at 7:21 PM

Finding a room in Byron Bay in the summer could be very hard, It's a popular place and most that have apartments/rooms will be trying to get the tourist dollar.
    Local newpapers usually have advertisments for rooms to rent etc. Saturday is the day that most advertisments are in.Also supermarkets have notice boards outside of their shops, check these out.
    I am not sure what the local paper in Byron Bay is, you will just have to google that and see.

Booking into the hostel is a good idea, from here you could find a room etc. All Hostels have notice boards with rooms to rent etc. You will be others that are probably looking for the same as you. BUT the Hostel prices might be cheaper and you may find yourself staying there.

Good luck.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines