Byron Bay Travel Answers

change location
WillowCat's Profile Photo

Byron Bay YHA or Cape Byron YHA or other suggestion?

by WillowCat Online Now Oct 28, 2007 at 5:01 PM

Hi
Anyone stay in the YHA's Byron Bay or Cape Byron? I am heading that way shortly and both have a double room (private)for about75-80 per night. If not these, is there any other suggestions for similar rate clean rooms? I am traveling on my own and in my late 30's so not looking to share and want a quieter place without a lot of partying.
Thanks

Quote & Answer
3 Answers
  • margsch's Profile Photo

Re: Byron Bay YHA or Cape Byron YHA or other suggestion?

by margsch Online Now Oct 30, 2007 at 3:17 PM

there is a website called bug hostel reviews, google that and find the towns you are interested in. I have to admit it,s a nuisance being kept awake all night but I think the hostels are really aiming at "youth" now.
    I Hostelled around Europe in my thirties and there were all age groups there which was fun as everyone got along well. And the hostels I stayed in were strictly supervised, there was definitely a no noise policy after 10p.m.
    Take foam earplugs with you as I find they block out practically all noise.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • WillowCat's Profile Photo

by WillowCat Online Now Oct 31, 2007 at 5:32 PM

great, thanks! It got a decent review but I do expect SOME noise I guess... more worried about bugs and security than anything else...
    J

• coolkiddo's Profile Photo

by coolkiddo Online Now Nov 11, 2007 at 11:06 AM

Hey

Sorry this isn't a reply but a request! I'm hoping to go to Byron Bay in January on my own and wondered if you'd found anything more about decent accommodation for the single person!

Cheers.

Jenny

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines