Byron Bay Travel Answers

change location
jeffa79's Profile Photo

Best Places To Stay In Byron

by jeffa79 Online Now Nov 3, 2006 at 3:03 AM

My girlfriend and I are spending about 6 nights in Byron in early-mid December and are looking for suggestions on good places to stay in the area, well located and not too expensive (we are travelling for around a month so budget is pretty important).

Any suggestions on budget hotels for the area? Ideally we would be looking to pay around AUS$130-150 per night but obviously this would change depending on what we could get.

Please advise us on the best places to stay in the area.

Many thanks,
Jeff

Quote & Answer
8 Answers
  • aloha088's Profile Photo

RE: Best Places To Stay In Byron

by aloha088 Online Now Nov 3, 2006 at 11:53 AM

Hi Jeff,
    what kind of accommodation are you looking for? (youth hostel, 1-5 star hotel)? A double room in a youth hostal costs you about AUD 40.-

cheers, Jacqueline

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • Mikebb's Profile Photo

RE: Best Places To Stay In Byron

by Mikebb Online Now Nov 3, 2006 at 1:52 PM

Hi Byron Bay is a popular destination and they know how to charge for accommodation. You will be on the edge of school holidays and christmas, expect to pay close to top price. We stayed there in Sept and paid150 a night, but there are cheaper places. I recommend you use some of rhe web accommodation pages such as tripadvisor, needtoescape.com etc etc. Also page through VT
    gOOD lUCK

• thedouglas's Profile Photo

RE: RE: Best Places To Stay In Byron

by thedouglas Online Now Nov 3, 2006 at 11:37 PM

There's a couple of really nice backpacker hostels in Byron Bay - check them out via google.

• FleurFox's Profile Photo

by FleurFox Online Now Nov 4, 2006 at 7:16 PM

If you google "Byron bay accommodation" there are numeous websites that offer accommodation just in Byron Bay.
    I recently stayed at the Lord Byron Resort in an apartment and it was disgusting. I don't reccommend that place at all.

by thedouglas Online Now Nov 4, 2006 at 7:22 PM

We stayed there many years ago and it was really nice! I guess everything decays!

• FleurFox's Profile Photo

by FleurFox Online Now Nov 4, 2006 at 7:29 PM

I think the standard rooms in the main building are alright, I didn't see those ones, but we had an apartment for 5 people and it was so old, the walls had holes and dents in them. Some had been covered up with plaster, but not repainted and the tiled floor turned our feet black within the first hour!
    There were no extras in the bathroom, like shower caps, little soaps and facecloths. We had one little soap and one facecloth between us!
    It was just very old and no work had been done to it.
    And if you can't take the stairs, there is only 1 apartment on the ground floor.
    We were lucky to get that one with my knee!

by thedouglas Online Now Nov 4, 2006 at 7:34 PM

We stayed there about 16 years ago! Girlfriend and I used to play golf and scuba dive - those were in the good old days - before Byron got too trendy.

• jeffa79's Profile Photo

by jeffa79 Online Now Nov 6, 2006 at 1:35 AM

Thanks for the info. By the way, what was the name of the place you stayed in in Byron for150 per night? This sounds like the sort of place we would consider.

Cheers,
    Jeff

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines