Byron Bay Travel Answers

change location
Jasminerose's Profile Photo

Hostels in Byron Bay..

by Jasminerose Online Now Oct 29, 2005 at 3:08 AM

Hiya all,

I have enjoyed a great week in Sydney but am arriving in Byron Bay on Monday.
I am looking forward to enjoying the beautiful landscape that I have heard so much about. Also have heard this may be a good place to do a 'Yoga Instructors' course, is this so? But essentially I would like some recommendations on a clean and quiet hostel, and the cheapest one possible ? I have been paying24 dollars p/night for a 10 bed dorm in Sydney and looking to reduce costs if poss. but still have a clean and safe place. I am arriving in to Ballina Airport, is there a particular shuttle bus I should get to the main beach? Sorry for all the questions : ) it is my first time to Australia, and this site is proving to be wonderful help. * cheers all.

Quote & Answer
4 Answers
  • aussirose's Profile Photo

RE: Hostels in Byron Bay..

by aussirose Online Now Oct 29, 2005 at 3:22 AM

Glad you are enjoying our help in vt so far Gillian. This really is a wonderful site!! Just wait till you find the miscellaneous forum on here, fully addictive!! Sydney is wonderful hey. And you'll love Byron Bay. Here are a few web sites that might help you out.
    http://www.byronbayshuttle.com.au/
    airporttransfersbyronbay.com...
    Hope this helps. And don't forget to share your hol pix with us when you get home. Cheers, Ann :o)

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • Jasminerose's Profile Photo

RE: Hostels in Byron Bay..

by Jasminerose Online Now Oct 30, 2005 at 1:15 AM

Thanks Aussie Rose,

have booked my airport transfer to Byron. Any recommendations for the cheapest hostel in Byron, for a dorm share..?

• aussirose's Profile Photo

RE: RE: Hostels in Byron Bay..

by aussirose Online Now Oct 30, 2005 at 1:40 AM

Hiya Gillian. I feel privileged to help :o) We lived just north of Byron at at place called Hastings Point - it has the most gorgeous beach. Also another beach near Pottsville called Black Rock. Don't forget to check them out!! We also lived at Nimbin - now that was a cultural experience :o) Hubby and I only stayed one night in Byron - but can't remember the hotel. However vt is a wonderful place and I looked up Byron Bay in the search bit and came up with some tips from a couple of locals - check out Groverdean's pages and Sweetberry1's pages -
    VirtualTourist.com
    "Sweetberry's Byron Bay Page" - Byron Bay by Sweetberry1
    Hope this helps. All the best!! Cheers, Ann :o)

• RE: Hostels in Byron Bay..

by Anne12 Online Now Oct 30, 2005 at 2:13 AM

Hi,
    I haven't stayed here but a friend did and they thought it was great.
    http://www.artsfactory.com.au/index.php
    Cheers
    Anne

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines