Byron Bay Travel Answers

change location
anais's Profile Photo

byron bay

by anais Online Now Dec 9, 2004 at 4:59 AM

hey there :-) i m planning to go to byron bay and wanted to get more info about accomodation, beaches etc. are there good parties going on (goa, trance, electronic...)?? and what about the community there? i m looking for cool relaxed people. i m planning to stay for 4 weeks, what about the visa for australia? do i need one if i have a european passport (austria)? i appreciate any information free the fairies! :-)

Quote & Answer
5 Answers
  • mojorising's Profile Photo

Re: byron bay

by mojorising Online Now Dec 9, 2004 at 5:49 AM

There are all kinds of accomodation in Byron Bay, get yourself a copy of the spanking new Lonely Planet, lots of suggestions there. The beaches around Byron Bay are magnificent. As for the music I would not know since I do not listen to that kind of electronica.... You will be able to obtain a 3 month visa from travel agencies in your countries, they need to have the Amadeus booking system, and they need all your passport details. Mojo

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • mojorising's Profile Photo

Re: Re: byron bay

by mojorising Online Now Dec 9, 2004 at 6:21 AM

Yepp, and that herd of Wilderbeast stampeding down main street was a real pain in the arse.... Mojo

• Tamiandaiden's Profile Photo

Re: byron bay

by Tamiandaiden Online Now Dec 15, 2004 at 4:19 AM

Sad but true. The days of Byron being an unspoilt paradise are long gone! My favourite beach by far is Wategos Pass ("The pass" to locals). Take the road heading up to the light house and keep your eyes peeled for the sign or you'll miss it. It's further along from Clarks beach but get there early or parking is an absolute nightmare.

• leffe3's Profile Photo

Re: Re: byron bay

by leffe3 Online Now Dec 15, 2004 at 8:10 PM

Visa required. Byron Bay is a bit of a mecca for young people, although more of an alternative crowd as well as families - surfing, bars, crowds etc are attracted more to the Gold Coast an hour or so up the coast. And whilst, as previously indicated by other posters, it can be somewhat overrun at times (especially the southern hemisphere summer), there are loads of places to stay - from camping, motels, a couple of upmarket hotels - and any number of restaurants to suit all tastes and budgets. Long stay residents tend to be pretty laidback - remnants of the 'hippie/alternative lifestyle boom' of the 70s. Beauty of BB is as much its location - there are heaps of fab beaches - some officially part of Byron Bay itself to others a couple of kms away through to ones an hour or so south (if you head too far north you'll hit the over-development of the Gold Coast). But its not all about beaches - the hinterland is beautiful, although in most instances you'll need your own transport as the options are pretty limited. Enjoy! Keith

• anais's Profile Photo

thanx

by anais Online Now Dec 16, 2004 at 2:02 AM

thanx for all these answers so far! :-)

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines