Bùzios

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• CRUISE TERMINAL

Rio de Janeiro Apr 6, 2014 at 9:00 AM

IS THE NEW CRUISE TERMINAL COMPLETE AND FUNCTIONING ?

more
    • travelswithsteve's Profile Photo

Airport Customs and Immigration

Rio de Janeiro Apr 9, 2014 at 6:51 AM

Flying London Heathrow to Vitoria (VIX) via Rio (GIG) with TAM. Does anyone know if I have to pick up my luggage and clear Customs at Rio or will it be at final destination ?

more
    • Gluten free restaurants around Rio de Janeiro

Rio de Janeiro 20 hours ago

Can anyone give some names of restaurants around Rio that serve gluten free lunch and dinner?. I am going to Rio during the World Cup with wife and two children

more
    • JosephW10's Profile Photo

Help in itinerary

Rio de Janeiro Apr 7, 2014 at 4:00 AM

Hi,

I am 29 and will be travelling alone from 13 April till 30april.

I planned to fly into São Paulo and stay for 3 nights, fly into rio for 3 nights, fly into Cusco and Machu Picchu for 4 nights, fly into bueno Aries and Iguzzua falls for 4 nights before heading back to São Paulo and back to Singapore.

Any one can advise me if this will be any problems with my planning ?

Alternatively I can do it the other way round São Paulo, bueno Aries, cusco, rio and back to São Paulo. I am not sure how different will the trip be if I choose to do this route.

I will stay in hostel and join local tours for all activities.

Thank you so much

more
    • DavidM184's Profile Photo

Daily Tours from Rio and return

Rio de Janeiro Apr 9, 2014 at 11:29 AM

Can you advise what i should not miss/thank you. Dave

more
    • How to get to this Address

by Frequentraveler Online Now May 6, 2013 at 4:43 AM

I am leaving Buzios tommorrow morning. Do not have an clear idea on how to get to this apartment in the area of Rio or Copacabana: The owner or manager wrote the following information: Se você chegar pelos Aeroportos Santos Dumont ou Galeão, pode pegar o ônibus "FRESCÃO" que o deixará a 50 metros do apto e da sede da Agência, onde retirará as chaves.
      Se chegar pela Rodoviária, o "frescão" também passa lá.
      Depois, peça ao motorista para descer na Avenida Princesa Izabel, esquina com Nossa Senhora de Copacabana. Siga pela Nossa Senhora de Copacabana e a próxima avenida é a Prado Junior. Entre à esquerda e logo chegará no número 48 = Agência Heidelberg.
      I am in Buzios right now. I am planning to take a taxi that will take to bus station, Auto Viacao 1001 from here to the airport at Rio de Janeiro. According to the directions given to me by the owner do I take the Frescao to my final destination? Will the Frescao take my two pieces of luggage? Any comments will be greatly appreciated. Thank You

4 Answers May 7, 2013 at 1:08 AM
    • msocolin's Profile Photo

Where to stay in March?

by msocolin Online Now Feb 9, 2012 at 5:47 PM

Hi! I am planning a vacation in the first or second week of March. Where would you recommend to stay? I heard Joao Fernandes is beautiful, and so are other beaches as well. I am 32 and travelling with my wife.

What do you think?

Thanks in advance!
      Matias

1 Answer Mar 3, 2012 at 3:52 PM
    • Glass bottom catamaran?

by loum140 Online Now Mar 28, 2011 at 12:50 PM

Will be in Buzios and have heard about glass bottom catamaran tour. Sounds good. Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks

1 Answer Mar 28, 2011 at 5:26 PM
    • robine's Profile Photo

Hotel recommendation

by robine Online Now Aug 30, 2010 at 11:23 AM

Could anyone recommend a good seafront hotel or pousada at reasonable cost? Child-friendly. (VT's hotel pages are currently not working.)

Thanks in advance, Robin E.

7 Answers Sep 4, 2010 at 7:42 AM
    • mrtravelbug's Profile Photo

APARTMENTS FOR RENT IN BUZIOS

by mrtravelbug Online Now Dec 7, 2009 at 2:31 AM

Hi guys,
      i will be travelling in a group of 3 guys to Buzios in late february 2010. Rather than staying in a hotel, i was considering renting a self-contained apartment. Does anyone have any recommendations or know where i can locate apartments? Any feedback would be great.

fellow traveller,
      Mr Travelbug

2 Answers Dec 8, 2009 at 2:14 AM

Distance between Joao Fernandes and Rua Das Pedras

by mrtravelbug Online Now Dec 7, 2009 at 1:43 AM

Hi guys,
      i just wanna know how far the distance between Joao Fernandes area and Rua das Pedras(downtown). Also if travelling between these 2 areas how long would a taxi ride take and cost of taxi fare.?

1 Answer Dec 7, 2009 at 12:30 PM

Gym location

by mrtravelbug Online Now Apr 19, 2009 at 12:54 AM

Hi there people,
      does anyone know if there is a gym in Buzios. Would like to get some weight training sessions included while i'm there

regards,
      Mr travelbug

1 Answer Apr 19, 2009 at 6:40 AM
    • Buzios

by pacete Online Now Jun 10, 2008 at 6:13 PM

Hi, I would like to know about a good hotel in buzios, located closed to the beach

1 Answer Jun 10, 2008 at 6:34 PM
    • best beach wedding location(s)

by MWjiggy Online Now Apr 4, 2008 at 11:22 AM

I'm getting married in Buzios too! I unfortunately will not get the opportunity to see the area before we travel for the big event, so this makes planning difficult. I am hoping to get some good suggestions on which of the many beaches would be best suited for a small ceremony (no chairs or big props or anything, just small, quiet and secluded preferably) - and does one need to get a permit or permission of any kind to gather a small group (30ish) at the beach for an hour?

Also, I'm looking for restaurant suggestions for rehersal dinner and for dinner after the wedding. Any place that would be great for groups? The more local and traditional the cuisine the better...

Thank you for your help! And if anyone knows of other places to look for this kind of information it is greatly appreciated! I can't wait to go!

4 Answers Apr 5, 2008 at 4:48 PM
    • Looking to get married in Buzios????

by heathejs Online Now Jan 13, 2008 at 8:59 AM

My fiance is Brazilian and I am American. We are living in the US and traveling to Rio in March. We are trying to plan a wedding in Buzios but having a difficult time finding an affordable place. We will have about 30 people. We will need accomadation for some. Hoping to be married on the beach or somewhere with a view of the beach, and a small affordable reception to follow. Please help. Any ideas?

5 Answers Mar 6, 2011 at 6:00 PM
    • Private Transport from Buzios to Rio

by travelbuggoes Online Now Dec 16, 2007 at 7:13 AM

Any agencies that do this. Thanks.

2 Answers Dec 16, 2007 at 2:55 PM
    • Pelao's Profile Photo

Buzios and surroundings

by Pelao Online Now Sep 12, 2007 at 9:06 AM

Planning to go to Bùzios in Nov 2007.

Which are the "must do" day trips around the area??

Thanks,

Pelao

3 Answers Oct 9, 2007 at 11:55 PM
    • mattalt's Profile Photo

Geriba or Joao Fernandes?

by mattalt Online Now Jan 9, 2007 at 6:04 PM

Where do you suggest to stay? In joao Fernandes or in Geriba?

3 Answers Jan 9, 2007 at 8:30 PM
    • Buzios after carnival

by thelak Online Now Dec 19, 2006 at 4:51 AM

Hi

We are in Rio for carnival and are planning to go to Buzios from the 21st to the 25th of Feb i.e at the back end of carnival.

I was wondering whether it would be busy at this time or whether it suddenly goes quiet after carnival ends. We are basically looking to wind the holiday down but still party pretty hard in the evenings so want to make sure Buzios will be what we are looking for.

Thank you

4 Answers Jan 4, 2007 at 3:00 PM
    • How late to the taxis run

by ViequesGuy Online Now Dec 16, 2006 at 4:49 PM

How late do the taxis run at night? Is it difficult to get one during high season (February)?

3 Answers Oct 2, 2007 at 2:58 PM
    • Tanjavd's Profile Photo

Where to go after Buzios??

by Tanjavd Online Now Nov 28, 2006 at 7:54 AM

We want to travel by car from Buzios north (inland or coast) for about 600km. Have 7 days to kill. Can anyone recommend places to visit? Cannot find much in the travel books (Let’s Go Brazil).
      We need to arrive back in Rio.
      Any suggested itineraries?
      PLEASE HELP!!

4 Answers Dec 25, 2006 at 2:35 PM
    • Vitoria - Buzios

by marcelhuizer Online Now Nov 12, 2006 at 8:58 AM

Hello !

I'm from Holland and will go mary in Belo Horizonte. After the marriage we want with a group of 9 persons, all family, go to Vitoria, Buzios and finally Rio. Do you know if there are any busconnections between Vitoria and Buzios?
      Maybe to Macae and switch from bus?

Thanx!

Marcel Huizer

4 Answers Nov 21, 2006 at 12:34 PM

Best areas to stay in Buzios?

by Tanjavd Online Now Sep 1, 2006 at 4:49 AM

Which areas are the best to stay in Buzios? Closest to transport, restaurants and best beaches?
      Any reccommendations for budget hotels/poussadas?

2 Answers Nov 21, 2006 at 12:44 PM

Cost of travelling in Buzios

by Tanjavd Online Now May 23, 2006 at 1:48 AM

Is Buzios very expensive for a budget traveller? I hear it is very expensive, especially in December.

What are the best way for transportation? Will a rented motorbike do?

Anybody ideas for hotels/accommodations not more than 100 Brazillian Real per night per room?

3 Answers Nov 21, 2006 at 12:49 PM

Cost of travelling in Buzios

by Tanjavd Online Now May 23, 2006 at 1:47 AM

Is Buzios very expensive for a budget traveller? I hear it is very expensive, especially in December.

What are the best way for transportation? Will a rented motorbike do?

Anybody ideas for hotels/accommodations not more than 100 Brazillian Real per night per room?

• msocolin's Profile Photo

Pousada La Chimere

by msocolin Online Now Dec 1, 2005 at 12:49 PM

Hi! Has anyone heard of a hotel called Pousada La Chimere? Is it any good? Has anyone stayed there?

Thanks for your help!

Cheers!
      Matias

1 Answer Dec 6, 2005 at 10:31 AM
    • Accomodation in Buzios

by koks Online Now Oct 13, 2005 at 11:29 AM

Can someone recommend a good place to stay in Buzios? Near to beaches and Rua de Pedras. My budget is R$60 per night.

thanks!

• Vanessa-brNC's Profile Photo

What is Buzios like in April, May and June?

by Vanessa-brNC Online Now Jul 14, 2005 at 8:09 AM

Hi everyone,

I'm Brazilian, but live in the USA. I went to Buzios for the first time on December 2005 - it was fantastic!
      I'm now engaged and want to bring all my friends to Buzios after a wedding in BH. I have the date set for end of April, but my fiance's sister can't come then. She can only come in June (first week).

Do you know what Buzios is like in June? The water was freezing even in December, though we could manage it since it was so hot. I heard that in June it is cold, and very windy, and that there is no one around.. We would be there the first week of June 2006. Is the weather much better at the end of April or is there not much difference? (compare April 26 to June 7).

I have always wanted to bring my friends to Brazil, and it is important to me that they have a fantastic time in my country - for that I need good weather!

Oh, and we are definately doing the boat tour to the Prainhas!

Vanessa

9 Answers Nov 21, 2006 at 1:29 PM
    • Rach&Jay's Profile Photo

Buzios for the weekend

by Rach&Jay Online Now Jun 30, 2005 at 4:50 PM

Hi All
      Planning to go to Buzios for a weekend during our Brazil holiday. Would like to rent a car from Rio and drive to Buzios.
      Can anyone recommend a good rental company in town?
      Is the drive dangerous? Anything we should be careful of?
      Also, can anyone please recommend a good pousada in Buzios for a 1 night stay? Anything up to US$100 is okay.
      Final question - will the weather be hot in Buzios in July?
      Thanks very much for your help
      Rach

4 Answers Sep 4, 2006 at 2:25 PM
    • SianinBrazil's Profile Photo

Rio - Buzios

by SianinBrazil Online Now Jun 21, 2005 at 10:49 AM

Does anyone know the bus timetable for buses from the main station in Rio to Buzios (daily times) and with which company?

2 Answers Jun 23, 2005 at 11:02 AM
    • Saquarema?

by elicielo1 Online Now Jan 8, 2005 at 8:01 PM

Oi, I was offered a summer job in Saquarema RJ. I was wondering what any of you may know about it. I actually interviewed and spent a few hours there. Seems like a lot more relaxed than Rio. I was just wondering a few things, it's basic population size, any fun things to do there night or day, and if the beaches there (walked near them but didn't get a chance to actually go to the beach) are good in terms of cleanliness, water quality. Also if the lake there is protected and in good enough condition for fishing. Obrigada

• Backjamm's Profile Photo

Getting to Buzios by Rental Car

by Backjamm Online Now Jan 6, 2005 at 3:12 PM

Planning on renting a car at airport and driving to Buzios. Who can give me some detailed directions that will get me there without getting lost and arriving safely? First time in Brazil and on its roads.

4 Answers Jan 9, 2005 at 6:43 AM
    • Samushka's Profile Photo

My upcoming trip to Brazil

by Samushka Online Now Jul 28, 2004 at 1:06 PM

Please, advice on places to see, entertainment, restaraunts, security issues in Rio and Buzios Thanks.

10 Answers Jul 31, 2004 at 8:42 AM
    • Places to stay in Buzio

by CA228 Online Now Jun 3, 2004 at 9:48 AM

Can anyone recommend me a nice pousada with air conditioning, tv, a good breakfast with sea view, and within walking distance to night life? I am prepared to spend about R$80-100 Reais, or about30 USD. Someone recommended Pousada do Sol in an earlier posting that I couldn't find anymore - is this recommended? Is it noisy? Thanks!!

• Transfers from Rio to Buzios

by melis4 Online Now May 20, 2004 at 10:55 AM

I was wondering if anyone knows about how much a transfer from a hotel in Ipanema to a hotel in Buzios should cost me. Also if you have the names and contact information of any companies that provide these transfers, it would be helpful. Thanks!

4 Answers May 20, 2004 at 6:22 PM