Bùzios Travel Answers

change location
mattalt's Profile Photo

Geriba or Joao Fernandes?

by mattalt Online Now Jan 9, 2007 at 6:04 PM

Where do you suggest to stay? In joao Fernandes or in Geriba?

Quote & Answer
3 Answers
  • Mazely's Profile Photo

RE: Geriba or Joao Fernandes?

by Mazely Online Now Jan 9, 2007 at 7:34 PM

Geriba is more "central" and crowded. I've already stayed in both parts of Buzios, and, even though Geriba is more practical, I prefer João Fernandes. The beach is less crowded, the water seems to be cleaner, the landscape is great and so are the hotels around the beach. Geriba during high season's peaks sometimes gets too, too crowded.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • besbel's Profile Photo

RE: Geriba or Joao Fernandes?

by besbel Online Now Jan 9, 2007 at 7:53 PM

Depends on what you want, and when you are travelling.
    I think Joao Fernandes is a beautiful beach, some restaurantes nearby and the best option for swimming and escuna rides. Geribá is beautiful as well. I stayed on both beaches as well, and maybe because I visited Buzios during the winter (Aug. 2003), I actually found Geribá quieter and far less crowded than Joao Fernandes. Perhaps it's different in the high season.
    Good luck!
    Flor de Maria

• Mazely's Profile Photo

RE: RE: Geriba or Joao Fernandes?

by Mazely Online Now Jan 9, 2007 at 8:30 PM

Just to agree with Flor: I don't know how Joao Fernandes was that time, but once I went to Geriba on August and it was desert, indeed. There was a surf competition at Geriba and, even so, the beach was empty!
    In another occasion, it was summer, and Geribá was really, really crowded - it was difficult even to find a place in the sand.

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines