Bùzios Travel Answers

change location

Buzios after carnival

by thelak Online Now Dec 19, 2006 at 4:51 AM

Hi

We are in Rio for carnival and are planning to go to Buzios from the 21st to the 25th of Feb i.e at the back end of carnival.

I was wondering whether it would be busy at this time or whether it suddenly goes quiet after carnival ends. We are basically looking to wind the holiday down but still party pretty hard in the evenings so want to make sure Buzios will be what we are looking for.

Thank you

Quote & Answer
4 Answers
  • Mazely's Profile Photo

RE: Buzios after carnival

by Mazely Online Now Dec 25, 2006 at 2:23 PM

Hmmm... I think the city will be great during these days, a bit less crowded than during Carnival, what is perfect (during Carnival it's TOO CROWDED).
    The problem: if you're coming back to Rio on Feb 25th, by car or bus, the chances of an unforgettable traffic jam is not to be unconsidered. Many people manages to stay out of Rio, because of Carnival, until the end of the other week (i.e., until Feb 25th). The traffic jam on Feb 20th and Feb 21st, IN THE DIRECTION BUZIOS-RIO (not your direction; on Feb 21st you'll be going TO BUZIOS), will be surelly huge. On February 25th, the situation gets better, but... not ideal.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • RE: RE: Buzios after carnival

by thelak Online Now Dec 28, 2006 at 2:22 AM

Ok...the traffic issue is def something to consider. Our flight is in the evening so I guess we will leave Buzios relatively early in the morning.

When you say it will be quieter, it there will still be plenty of people in the evenings going out right? ....we havent sorted out any accomodation, given it will be quieter do you think it is still worth sorting something out in advance?

Thx

• Mazely's Profile Photo

RE: RE: Buzios after carnival

by Mazely Online Now Jan 4, 2007 at 2:50 PM

It would be wise to book accomodations in advance, in my oppinion. Buzios has many, many places to stay, but at least your choices would be reduced if you let things to decide when you arrive there.

• Mazely's Profile Photo

RE: RE: Buzios after carnival

by Mazely Online Now Jan 4, 2007 at 3:00 PM

Oh, and yes, when I wrote "quieter" I meant that during the days of Carnival people go partying, and the center of Buzios gets to crowded. Sometimes it's difficult to find good places in restaurants after a certain time.
    The week before Carnival is still a high-season period, but it's not as much as Carnival days.
    Anyway, the city is very cool: a lot of people meet at night-time in the center, shops remain opened until night, the atmosphere is very nice. I'm sure you'll enjoy even if, in the return journey, you lose some time in traffic.

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines