Bùzios Travel Answers

change location
Tanjavd's Profile Photo

Where to go after Buzios??

by Tanjavd Online Now Nov 28, 2006 at 7:54 AM

We want to travel by car from Buzios north (inland or coast) for about 600km. Have 7 days to kill. Can anyone recommend places to visit? Cannot find much in the travel books (Let’s Go Brazil).
We need to arrive back in Rio.
Any suggested itineraries?
PLEASE HELP!!

Quote & Answer
4 Answers
  • hmoitta's Profile Photo

RE: Where to go after Buzios??

by hmoitta Online Now Nov 28, 2006 at 11:46 AM

you can do the coastal road to Vitoria named Costa do Sol in Espirito Santo state; around Vitoria there are also some interesting mountain cities like Domingos Martins and Pedra Azul if you like hiking;I think I've put some information about it in my pages

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • robine's Profile Photo

RE: RE: Where to go after Buzios??

by robine Online Now Nov 29, 2006 at 4:06 PM

I don't like to put you off, Tanja, but I'd hesitate to rent a car in Brazil as a first-time visitor - both road conditions and driving standards leave a lot to be desired. Long-distance buses are comfortable and affordable. Yes, Vitoria is a good idea. Alternatively, the old summer capital of Petropolis (in the other direction). Enjoy!

• dolly930's Profile Photo

RE: Where to go after Buzios??

by dolly930 Online Now Dec 1, 2006 at 12:21 PM

I SAW YOUR POSTING ABOUT THINGS TO DO NORTH OF BUZIOS. I WAS IN RIO SEVERAL MONTHS AGO, AND PRIOR TO GOING, GOT IN TOUCH WITH LOCAL VT MEMBER "RAFAELTHESECOND" IN RIO. HE WAS VERY HELPFUL, I'M SURE HE COULD GIVE YOU ALL THE INFO/HELP YOU WANT, I WAS VERY SATISFIED WITH ALL HIS ASSISTANCE, HE'S A GREAT PERSON, AND I HIGHLY RECOMMEND HIM! LOOK HIM UP BY DOING A SEARCH IN THE UPPER RIGHT HAND CORNER, JUST TYPE IN HIS NAME, SELECT "MEMBER", IT WILL TAKE YOU TO HIS TRAVEL PAGES. FROM THERE YOU CAN EMAIL HIM.
    HAVE A GREAT TRIP!!

• Mazely's Profile Photo

RE: RE: Where to go after Buzios??

by Mazely Online Now Dec 25, 2006 at 2:35 PM

To the north of Buzios the first good thing is Salvador :)
    My father is from Espirito Santo state, so it's hard to aknowledge that, but I wouldn't loose time in Espirito Santo or in the north of the state of Rio. Unless you have relatives there (as I do), I recommend another trip.
    Go back to Rio and take the way to south. 250km from Rio there's Paraty, a very different place, since it keeps the colonial architecture. There are churches of historical importance there, built centuries ago by the slaves, and the pavement itself keeps the aspect from the 18th century. From Paraty you can easilly reach islands and some wonderful beaches. The city has an interesting cultural life, with events happening all year long.
    Half way between Rio and Paraty is Angra dos Reis. The city itself, nowadays, is not an attraction at all; however, from Angra downtown you can take the ferry to Ilha Grande, an island that is (still) very beautiful, with lots of tracking paths between charming beaches.
    You'll find a lot of things about Paraty and Ilha Grande in guide books and at internet.

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines