Bùzios Travel Answers

change location

Vitoria - Buzios

by marcelhuizer Online Now Nov 12, 2006 at 8:58 AM

Hello !

I'm from Holland and will go mary in Belo Horizonte. After the marriage we want with a group of 9 persons, all family, go to Vitoria, Buzios and finally Rio. Do you know if there are any busconnections between Vitoria and Buzios?
Maybe to Macae and switch from bus?

Thanx!

Marcel Huizer

Quote & Answer
4 Answers
  • AnaLuiza's Profile Photo

RE: Vitoria - Buzios

by AnaLuiza Online Now Nov 12, 2006 at 1:11 PM

Will be there a Brazilian in the group? Otherwise, it is better to share a van with a driver. Pehaps it wouldn´t even cost more, as you are 9.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • Mazely's Profile Photo

RE: Vitoria - Buzios

by Mazely Online Now Nov 21, 2006 at 12:21 PM

Marcel,

Indeed, there's a bus (very trusteable company) from Vitoria to Macae.
    The line is Vitoria-Niteroi, but it stops in Macae.

It leaves Vitoria twice a day (at 11am and at 11pm), and takes about 5:30 to reach Macae. (35 reais/person)
    site: itapemirim.com.br/venda_pass...

From Macae to Buzios: I use to take this company bus to come back to Rio (I used to work in Macae): Viaçao Macaense
    Leaves 13:30 arrives 15:30 in Buzios (9 reais/person)
    site: http://www.macaense.com.br/

The problem, as you can notice, is that it's difficult to match the bus from Vitoria do Macae with the bus from Macae to Buzios.
    In your situation, I would take a bus from Macae to Cabo Frio (Viaçao 1001 or Viaçao Macaense, every 20 minutes more or less), and then take a bus from Cabo Frio to Buzios (very close).

• Mazely's Profile Photo

RE: RE: Vitoria - Buzios

by Mazely Online Now Nov 21, 2006 at 12:31 PM

bus from Cabo Frio to Buzios:
    Viação Salineira - each 20 minutes

(well, this company is NOT a comfortable one, they run small lines, not comfortable coaches).

Maybe taking the bus to Macae and then contracting a van drive could be a sollution...

Another sollution (seems strange, but...), is taking the bus from Vitoria to Rio or Niteroi, and then another coach "back" to Buzios. Buzios is just two hours and a half from Rio, two hours from Niteroi...

Since you're Dutch (just to compare), it would be like taking a bus (or train) to Haarlem, and then a train back to Amsterdam and a direct train to Leiden, in spite of taking the train from Haarlem to Leiden... Strange, isn't it? But since there are so many coach options from Rio and Niteroi to Buzios, it's a possibility to consider.

• Mazely's Profile Photo

RE: RE: Vitoria - Buzios

by Mazely Online Now Nov 21, 2006 at 12:34 PM

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines