Bùzios Travel Answers

change location
Rach&Jay's Profile Photo

Buzios for the weekend

by Rach&Jay Online Now Jun 30, 2005 at 4:50 PM

Hi All
Planning to go to Buzios for a weekend during our Brazil holiday. Would like to rent a car from Rio and drive to Buzios.
Can anyone recommend a good rental company in town?
Is the drive dangerous? Anything we should be careful of?
Also, can anyone please recommend a good pousada in Buzios for a 1 night stay? Anything up to US$100 is okay.
Final question - will the weather be hot in Buzios in July?
Thanks very much for your help
Rach

Quote & Answer
4 Answers
  • hmoitta's Profile Photo

RE: Buzios for the weekend

by hmoitta Online Now Jul 1, 2005 at 7:34 AM

july is winter but a mild one, perhaps a little cold to swim

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • robine's Profile Photo

RE: Buzios for the weekend

by robine Online Now Jul 4, 2005 at 7:51 AM

Traffic in Brazil takes some getting used to, and you're not likely to use the car much in Buzios: I think you'd be better off taking the bus, which is comfortable.

• RE: Buzios for the weekend

by bluheavens Online Now Aug 20, 2005 at 5:11 PM

Drivers in Rio are absolutely formidable..... traffic lights are mere suggestions after dark. Bus drivers drive as if demon possessed. You will get confused with the directions and take care not to wind up in a favella where gringos are eaten for breakfast. We rented a car for a week and swore that we would never do it again. NYC has now moved to my favored driving list. Fortunately we only had to pay off a crooked cop that was randomly stopping people at the airport and fleecing them for big fines. Our infraction was that our international drivers license was not notarised. AAA thought that was interesting. Oh,by the way, that cost 100 reals.

Best to take a bus to Busios or to hire an all day driver. The beach buggies are pretty reasonable when you get there and will help you to get to all the good beaches. I may have been too late to help you maybe this might help others.

• RE: RE: Buzios for the weekend

by Bexhillboy Online Now Sep 4, 2006 at 2:25 PM

Hi the previous answer was absolutely spot on, Buzios is by far my favorite place in the world but I hate driving there, the police are crooked and stop you with bogus fines about 20% of the time and the drivers are crazy. Take the Bus from Rodovario Novo Rio it is dirt cheap and very clean and comfortable, There will be someone meeting you off the bus offering various accommodation or Buggy Hire and their prices are reasonable too. I just bought a house on Ferradura beach and I plan on retiring to Buzios one day, If you have never been give it a try most that try ity fall in love with the place, December January and February are mad busy and the place is rocking but even in the winter months of June July and August there are enough people about to have a good time and Buzios enjoys year round sunshine

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines