Busan Travel Answers

change location
CruisingGoddess's Profile Photo

Which tour should I take?

by CruisingGoddess Online Now Mar 5, 2013 at 10:47 AM

I'm on a cruise that will be visiting Busan for one day. Which tour do you recommend I take?

1. Beomeosa Temple
  2. Tongdosa Temple & United Nations Memorial Cemetery
  3. Gyeong-Ju: Bulguksa Temple & Tumuli Park, National Museum

Thanks in advance!

Quote & Answer
3 Answers
  • pieter_jan_v's Profile Photo

Re: Which tour should I take?

by pieter_jan_v Online Now Mar 5, 2013 at 12:47 PM

It has been more than 10 years ago, but I started with the Busan tower. "BUSAN (or PUSAN)" - Busan by pieter_jan_v

PJ

1 member found this helpful

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • xymmot's Profile Photo

by xymmot Online Now Mar 5, 2013 at 1:46 PM

It;s been a while since I have been there but number 3 looks best, Gyeong-Ju: Bulguksa Temple & Tumuli Park, National Museum. One thing I want to add though. if you like fresh seafood, their market is one of the best with many restaurants serving the fare/ Look on the VT pages for the favorite restaurants , there are many.

cheers tommy x

• DSwede's Profile Photo

by DSwede Online Now Mar 6, 2013 at 1:00 PM

All three are listed in increasing distance from the Busan port.

1. 1 - is about 35 minutes (traffic depending). Its a nice temple set on the foot of the mountain, just on the northern edge of Busan. If you go here, you should have free time at the end of the tour to see some of the city on your own.
    1. 2 - is located in a heavily wooded area in the mountains, outside the hustle and noise of population centers. It requires an additional 30 minutes from #1. This is one of the oldest and most important of the Korean order. The UN cemetery is memorable but only for those who appreciate that type of place.
    1. 3 - is the longest drive (about 1.5~2hr depending on traffic). However for a historic reference, this option would give you most comprehensive look at 'old' Korea. The entire town has relics and moments from the old days. The museum here is one of the best in Korea.

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Near Busan