Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

Popular Burundi Travel Answer Locations

• LanaFromRiga's Profile Photo

Is it necessity of inoculations?

Burundi Feb 6, 2013 at 11:02 PM

Hello! My husband will go to Burundi in the end of February. Please tell me about your experience in Burundi. Is it obligatory make inoculations before? Or it is possible to stay there without them? Thank you!!!

9 Answers Feb 9, 2013 at 8:59 AM
    • Is it safe to swim in Tanganika, or crocodiles will eat me up?

Burundi Jun 22, 2011 at 3:34 PM

Is it safe to swim in Tanganyika, or crocodiles will eat me up?
      I saw Burundian only in swimming pools, I was told because of crocs and hippos
      everyone goes to swimming pools. I would much rather, swim in the lake.
      Anybody knows?

11 Answers Jun 24, 2011 at 12:48 PM
    • traveling with an infant

Bujumbura Jun 20, 2011 at 11:05 AM

Hello I'm traveling to Bujumbura next week, what are the essentials that I need? (in-case I forgot something). My baby is 6 months old. I know that he is to young for anti malarias. I am breast feeding so I cant take them either. We are going to stay there for at least 6 months.
      We have already: anti mosquito gels, mosquito net, hats, sunscreens, painkillers
      thanks

5 Answers Jun 22, 2011 at 3:21 PM
    • Overland trip from Bujumburu to Cape Town South Africa

Burundi Nov 4, 2009 at 12:21 AM

Can any one advise on how to travel from Bujumburu to Cape Town overland. Which countries does one travel through ?

Can any one recommend bus companies from the respective countries ?

And approx, what cost would one budget on this.

Much appreciated

Alan

5 Answers Nov 11, 2009 at 2:27 AM
    • some specific questions about Bujumbura

Burundi Aug 6, 2009 at 12:31 PM

I'm a student in Brussels and normally i'm leaving for Bujumbura end of september 2009. I'm going (on my own without support) to study there at a private university for 10-13 months.

because it's not easy to find info about bujumbura I thought I better tried my luck here. I allready know it's not the safest place on earth but that will probebly not make it less of an experience for me.

- because I'm just a normal student staying at a (expensive) hotel is not really an option, is there annybody who might have an idea if it's possible to find somewhere to stay for max 200 euro/270 dollar per month which has at least a bathroom and safety?

- should I be extremely carefull with malaria and take medication the whole trip(this is VERY expensive) or would it be ok to do this just the first months and afterwards just be carefull and use a mosquitonet?

If there is someone who can help me out it would be a great help.

4 Answers Aug 19, 2009 at 1:08 AM
    • What sort of music do they play in club havana?

Bujumbura Dec 1, 2008 at 12:26 PM

what type of music do they play in club havana in bujumbura?

1 Answer Dec 1, 2008 at 12:44 PM
    • Yesjoshua's Profile Photo

Visiting Burundi

Burundi Apr 20, 2007 at 4:51 PM

Dear VTers,

A friend and I will be in Rwanda during summer. We were thinking of visiting Burundi for two or three days. Can anyone tell me wether this is a good idea nowadays?

Thanks for your help.

Best regards,

Jose

2 Answers May 22, 2007 at 1:05 AM
    • Yiannis2000's Profile Photo

Burundi in October

Burundi Sep 13, 2002 at 9:12 AM

I'm planning to visit the country in October with a friend, so I wonder how safe it is. Cam my girl friend go around alone?? Is it a good season for visiting? Any comments are welcome as I don't find travel guides here about Burundi...