Bursa Ili Travel Answers

change location
68maciek's Profile Photo

Where by car after Istanbul?

by 68maciek Online Now Oct 24, 2008 at 2:54 AM

Hi there,

My another set of questions (due to a gloomy, cloudy day here).

I'm not convinced about Iznik visiting (based on VT).

1.How about Yalova? Thermal baths in summer sounds strange for me.
2. Are the seaside places between Cinarcik- Armutulu worthy of time?
I'm not a big fun of crowded sea resorts.
3.Bursa looks quite interesting.Is that right?
Should I go there by ferry to Guzelyali? Or only for one day trip from Bandirma (also a ferry there)?
I'm afraid of traffic jams in Bursa, so perhaps public transport is the solution.
If I stay longer in this area where to sleep (budget range) at the seaside area (Mudanya,Zeytinbag?), Teleferic district, Bursa's thermal bath distict or Cumalikizik?
4.Uludag.Is it a good place in summer?How long does the summit hike take (from Telerefic upper station)?
Is it difficult for young (12,15 yo.) teenagers?Are there marked paths in Uludag?Do I need a map there (if available)?
5.Once I've red in the interent about Kapidagi penisula- looks as a nice and intersting place.What is your opinion about this area? Is it crowded? Any particular fine places?

Thanks for your answers.

Quote & Answer
3 Answers
  • Tuna_ank's Profile Photo

Re: Where by car after Istanbul?

by Tuna_ank Online Now Oct 26, 2008 at 2:14 AM

There is nothing to see at Yalova, Cinarcik,Armutlu for you. And the sea is not good either. Iznik is much better.
    Bursa, Cumalikizik are historical places,you may like. I am not sure about children. Traffic is definetely can be caotik! I guess all this area will be cheap. I am not sure if teleferic will work at that season. We may check before you come. Uludag is ski resort but I am sure it can be nice to walk there at summer or spring. You may go by your car also.
    For more, we write mails again. :-))

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • neodue's Profile Photo

by neodue Online Now Nov 28, 2008 at 11:12 PM

Hi,
    Yalova is good for thermal and you may like Armutlu too.Bursa is first Capitol of Ottoman empire.Check my "Turkey" tips about it.You can visit old mosques,coverd bazaars,tombs and old ottoman style.You can feel it really.
    Zeytinbag must see.Fantastic place with greek breeze :)very nice place
    Teleferik is ok can see it with children.Kapidag is very good for trekking
    visit Erdek as summer resort and see MANYAS bird paradise.Also must go to GOLYAZI*-ULUABAT lake .If you come to istanbul go to see EDIRNE too.
    For more question please e-mail me.
    Cheers

Ozan

• 68maciek's Profile Photo

by 68maciek Online Now Nov 29, 2008 at 3:57 AM

Thank you.Once I will write you an e-mail.

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Popular Bursa Ili Travel Answer Locations