Bursa Travel Answers

change location
Raimix's Profile Photo

Daytrip to Bursa from Istanbul

by Raimix Online Now Mar 6, 2011 at 11:15 AM

Hello!

If it is possible normally to make daytrip from Istanbul to Bursa both visiting Uludag? If it could be a bit difficult? Could you please, give me examples how to make such trip by public transportation.

Thank you and greetings!
Raimis.

Quote & Answer
4 Answers
  • mitata's Profile Photo

Re: Daytrip to Bursa from Istanbul

by mitata Online Now Mar 6, 2011 at 12:02 PM

Yes it is possible.

There is fast ferry from Istanbul Yenikapi port to Bursa. It depart at 07:30 and takes 90 minutes. From there you can take taxi to downtown and take another taxi to Uludag. You can be Uludag around 10:00.
    For returning back to Istanbul, last ferry departs at 18:00 to Istanbul.
    You may spend around 6 hours in Uludag

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • Raimix's Profile Photo

by Raimix Online Now Mar 6, 2011 at 12:06 PM

Thanks!

And if there could version without taxi, but bus or train from ferry, if it is possible to make the same?

• mitata's Profile Photo

by mitata Online Now Mar 6, 2011 at 12:16 PM

Actually, there is no train but bus. But you should take the bus early mooring to have some time to spend there. As far as I remember, It takes 2 and half hours by bus. To go to Uludag from downtown Bursa, there is other option other than taxi.

• DSwede's Profile Photo

by DSwede Online Now Mar 7, 2011 at 11:41 AM

While I agree with most of Mitat states, I believe the travel time is a bit slower.

The ferry between Yalova and Yenikapi is about 90 minutes.
    But even using my own car, the best time between Yalova and Bursa was about 1 hour (I drove Gemlik to Bursa for 10months). If you are taking bus or dolmus, then travel time is even slower.
    What that means is that you'll leave Yenikapi 7:30am, but arrive Bursa after 10am.

If you want to go up the mountain (maybe to the resort base camp) it is another hour. Giving yourself time to find the correct bus or dolmus, I'd say you'd be at base about 12noon.

So yes, it can be done in a day, but it will be very rushed. I recommend staying one night in Bursa.

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines