Bursa Travel Answers

change location

Can I find a hotel in Iznik any time during 12-Sep to 17-October (Ramadan Period)

by mkrbu50 Online Now Aug 12, 2007 at 12:22 AM

Hi,
I guess the post title tells some of the questions. However, I have a bit longer story. I contacted a hotel by phone in Iznik, I found its number on the hotels -rather shabby- website.
The phone answered with a male voice on the other side, and I asked in what I believe is a polite tone: "I've visited your website and I liked your Pansiyon. May I make reservation for 2 nights starting from 30 of September?".
The voice answered "No, we don't have. It is Ramadan, we close". The website did mention that it will not accept phone/email reservations, due to many cases of no show up. Instead, it provided bank accounts for payment deposits. Having said that, I would assume in all good intentions that this was an attempt to turn me down nicely because I did not follow his instructions.
The big question is> Do they have something like business holiday/break during the mentioned period.

Quote & Answer
3 Answers
  • Re: Can I find a hotel in Iznik any time during 12-Sep to 17-October (Ramadan Period)

by mkrbu50 Online Now Aug 12, 2007 at 12:50 AM

Thank you for you prompt reply, would you be kind enough to mention any hotel pansiyon?
    I need a hotel confirmation because I will be arriving to Istanbul in an over-night flight, I plan to get out of Istanbul immediately and go to Iznik as a first stop in my trip. As you might imagine my wife and I will be quite tired and the last thing I want is to run in and out of hotels searching for a room to stay in.

Thanks again.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • leics's Profile Photo

Re: Can I find a hotel in Iznik any time during 12-Sep to 17-October (Ramadan Period)

by leics Online Now Aug 12, 2007 at 1:42 AM

It is possible that smaller guesthouses/hotels will close during Ramadan, so that may well explain the reply you got; probably nothing to do with reservation process etc.

There is not much in the way of accommodation in Iznik itself (you might have to look at Izmit or Bursa instead).

sawdays.co.uk/search/listing... has a guesthouse (phone number only, no website)

Other Iznik hotels with websites : http://www.iznikhotelaydin.com/
    iznik-camlikmotel.com/motel....

Those are in Turkish, but there's some useful info/ contact details on here:
    dg.travelnow.com/index.jsp?c...

• Re: Can I find a hotel in Iznik any time during 12-Sep to 17-October (Ramadan Period)

by mkrbu50 Online Now Aug 12, 2007 at 9:25 PM

Thank you for the helpful information and I wish you well.

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines