Bursa Travel Answers

change location

Traveling to Bursa (Turkey) with children

by sohailausaf Online Now Nov 21, 2006 at 2:39 AM

Is it advisable to travel with kids ( ages: 12,6 & 2) to Bursa in Winter ( Dec-Jan)?

We are interested to have some fun in the snow. Are there any ski resorts?

What entertaintment do they have for kids?

Thanks

Quote & Answer
3 Answers
  • traveloturc's Profile Photo

RE: Traveling to Bursa (Turkey) with children

by traveloturc Online Now Nov 21, 2006 at 8:03 AM

Hi
    Yes you travel with kid to Bursa and if you want to have some fun with snow you have to move to a place named "Uludağ" which is very near to Bursa.
    There are many ski resorts and I am sure that they have many entertainment programmes for kids too
    Please make reservation specially if you intent to come on the semestre time ( february )
    good luck

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • RE: Traveling to Bursa (Turkey) with children

by dlawrence Online Now Nov 22, 2006 at 4:00 AM

You canget all the information you need from :
    sisantours.com/?pg=dest_deta...
    And for hotels
    sisantours.com/?lang=en&pg=o...
    You can contact with Mrs Nurten from there for Uludag hotels (which I highly recommend)
    Enjoy your holiday

• Sirvictor's Profile Photo

RE: Traveling to Bursa (Turkey) with children

by Sirvictor Online Now Nov 24, 2006 at 1:56 PM

Dear Asaf, Bursa is the right place for your family with Hamams the Turkish baths or thermal baths. The hotels in Bursa are very good. Every hotel has its Turkish bath or thermal baths. The hot thermal waters of Bursa is very famous. Even the bathrooms of the hotels have thermal waters.
    On the top of the mountain called Uludag the great mountain there is the famous winter resort of Turkey with snow and pine forests. There are many exclusive hotels. You can rest there. But as a friend told above you must reserve before your departure to Bursa. You can reach to winter resort by car or bus.

The resort have two etages:
    1st etage: you can reach there by ski lift. As far as I remember there are no hotels at that stage. Only wooden cottages for resting a while and eat or to drink. They serve grilled meat on the snow also. Try delicious and delicate grilled Sucuk, a kind of Turkish salami.

2nd etage is the place where there are hotels that I mentioned above.

If you stay in a hotel in Bursa you can reach dailly to the 1st etage by ski lift.

Bursa has another touristic resorts called Mudanya or Yalova. You can reach those towns by car or bus. They are at the sea side of marmara Sea. In Mudanya there are many fish restaurants.

While in Bursa try the delicious Iskender Kebab.

Have a nice time.

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines