4. Mandalya to Bagan
      Thank you in advance.
      Cheers!!
      Nan

1 Answer Yesterday
    • ozpaul's Profile Photo

Airline Schedules 2016

Burma Mar 31, 2015 at 12:23 PM

I would like to book a flight Yangon - Thandwe return for January 2016. Just wondering if anyone knows when these tickets will be available for booking online. Thanks.

7 Answers Mar 31, 2015 at 1:22 PM
    • visiting for water festival +travel buddy

Burma Mar 19, 2015 at 10:53 PM

Hi all, doing some research and checked some answers here but still havent got all the answers maybe you can help

looking at a 2 week trip starting in yangoon, ending in mandalay for the festival.

looked at other posts, simular question been asked about buses, and got referred to go-myanmar website as its comprehensive but it says stuff is reduced around festival. So I guess best thing would be to arrive before festival and stay in mandalay for the period. But the online bus website stops bookings from 10th, but the festival is like 13th, does anyone know if buses / transport actually runs 10th to 12th?

plan to fly out of mandalay on 17th.... will I be able to get a taxi to the airport?

if anyone interested in joining me let me know. 30 year old male travelling for 16 months, from uk.

Thanks
      stuart

6 Answers Mar 31, 2015 at 6:05 AM
    • axwell's Profile Photo

Myeik Archipelago

Yangon Division Mar 16, 2015 at 9:00 AM

Looking for some help!
      I want to Scuba dive on the Myeik Archipelago, however my wife does not dive or like to travel by boat so a liveaboard trip is out of the question!
      Is it possible to book day dives from Myeik ?
      I have 10 days to travel Yangon,Mawlamyine, Dawei and Myeik, would rather not fly all suggestions will be gratefully accepted!
      Assuming of course Day dives are possible!

1 Answer Mar 23, 2015 at 2:41 AM
    • Visa and entering the country from Thailand

Burma Mar 15, 2015 at 4:11 AM

Hi

I am travelling soon to SE Asia and would like to visit Burma / Myanamar as well.
      My question is if it is possible to enter the country from Thailand as well, and not only by plane.
      If so, where can I pass the border and what is the procedure? Also, in that case I need visa (if arriving by plane, I can get obtain one on the airport) issued before, do I need a invotation letter or similar.
      Thanks a lot.
      Darko

11 Answers Mar 18, 2015 at 10:16 PM
    • jameslewis's Profile Photo

Prayer Bowls singing Bowls Where to Buy ???

Burma Feb 26, 2015 at 4:57 PM

Looking for a shop that sells old metal ware specifically prayer bowls. These are the bowls Monks use to make a wonderful harmonic sound as you roll a wand around the edge of the bowl. A wonderful sound used to meditate. The ones made of bronze have the best tone. Any suggestions. Jimmy

1 Answer Mar 23, 2015 at 2:56 AM
    • jameslewis's Profile Photo

Singing (Prayer) Bowls, older ones ?????

Burma Feb 26, 2015 at 4:40 PM

In Myanmar right now and looking for an antiquities dealer or pawn shop in one of the larger cities. Looking for a shop off the beaten path used by locals and not a mall shop. My sister is trying to find a bowl for meditation. Anything come to mind? Thanks Jimmy

2 Answers Feb 26, 2015 at 7:17 PM
    • Where is Marble Street in Mandalay, Myanmar? I searched Google map but no result! 

Mandalay Feb 25, 2015 at 7:04 PM

Where is Marble Street in Mandalay, Myanmar? I searched Google map but no result! I would like to visit this marble Buddha statues makers place when I travel to Yangon in Mar/2015!
      - Dennis

3 Answers Feb 26, 2015 at 2:00 AM
    • Shwedagon Pagoda refurbishment.

Rangoon Feb 25, 2015 at 10:42 AM

We will be in Yangon on March 16th and wondered if the refurb of the Swedagon Pagoda will be completed by then?
      Thanks.

3 Answers Feb 26, 2015 at 6:16 AM
    • Buying a marble Buddha statue in Yangon

Rangoon Feb 24, 2015 at 9:35 AM

Where to buy a marble Buddha statue (1m tall) in Yangon and have it shipped to USA? I will travel to Yangon Mar 8/2015 and looking to buy Buddha statues. Thanks.
      -Dennis

3 Answers Feb 25, 2015 at 6:55 PM
    • crisgastardo's Profile Photo

Is commuting around possible?

Rangoon Feb 5, 2015 at 12:13 AM

This would be my first time to personally experience Burma/Myanmar. It will be in August 2015 and probably shared with friends (hopefully). I plan to spend 2 full days in each major city, from Yangon to Bato to Mandalay and the Old Bagan. What are the recommendable transport to take to cross these cities without sacrificing the fun tours? What could be the best things to do and see in each destination points? I would love to hear your endorsements.

2 Answers Feb 5, 2015 at 4:42 PM
    • Ryan414's Profile Photo

Recommendations please

Burma Feb 4, 2015 at 6:33 PM

I have 20 days landing in Yangon. Was thinking some time in Yangon, Bagan and Lake Inle. Any recommendations on where to stay, things I shouldn't miss? Other places I should stop? Thank you, I'm super excited!

7 Answers Feb 28, 2015 at 3:03 PM
    • ambar_bs's Profile Photo

Travelling solo; how much money should be carried per day basis?

Burma Feb 4, 2015 at 11:16 AM

Hi, I will be in Myanmar for 11 days.And read in some forums that it's difficult to withdraw cash with cards. I will try to book most of the places to stay online, beforehand, as much as possible. My planned itinerary is Yangon(2 nights) -> Bago(not sure yet) -> Inle Lake(1-2 night) -> Mandalay(2 nights) -> Bagan(3-4) -> Yangon(1 night) .
      I would mainly like to know the following:

1. Need to have an idea about how much money I need for food and commuting around the beforementioned places.
      2. How widely is credit cards accepted for hotel/guest_house payments?

Thanks!

10 Answers Feb 27, 2015 at 6:44 AM
    • overnight stop between Inle Lake and Mandalay

Burma Feb 3, 2015 at 11:18 PM

I would like to know if I were to break my journey between Inle Lake and Mandalay, whcih town (with the most decent accommodation) should I pick for overnight stop?

1 Answer Feb 4, 2015 at 10:47 AM
    • travel by car from Inle Lake to Bagan

Burma Feb 3, 2015 at 11:14 PM

Has anyone ever travlled by private car or taxi from Inle Lake to Bagan? I am interested in travelling this route, would like to know how long will it take. I Wonder if this is a shorter route compared to Inle Lake to Mandalay route? Is there a town with decent accommodation which I can do a overnight stop between Inle lake andBagan?
      Would appreciate any feedback and suggestions.

3 Answers Feb 27, 2015 at 6:30 AM
    • Busses during the water festival

Burma Feb 3, 2015 at 1:47 PM

I have come across many websites saying the busses are not driving during the water festival, and when i checked http://myanmarbusticket.com i saw that i couldn't book busses from the 10.04.2015-20.04.2015. This is kind of problematic since i'm staying in myanmar from the 04.10.2015-18.04.2015, and i need to travel from different cities.. Do any of you know if most of the busses are driving during the water festival, and if they do, do you know any websites where i can book the tickets cheap?

A second question is whether it is necessary to actually book the tickets from home, and just look at the local bus schedule when arriving in the different cities?

Thanks

1 Answer Feb 4, 2015 at 10:16 AM

Travelling from Inle Lake to Mandalay

Burma Feb 1, 2015 at 7:11 AM

Hi,

What is the most feasible route to reach Mandalay from Inle Lake area?

My planned itinerary is Yangon -> Inle Lake -> Mandalay -> Bagan -> Yangon

Thanks.

6 Answers Feb 4, 2015 at 1:45 PM

What is the best way to reach Inle Lake from Yangon?

Burma Jan 31, 2015 at 7:58 AM

Hi,
      I will be traveling to Myanmar in three weeks time.

My 10 days travel itinerary is Yangon -> Inle Lake -> Mandalay -> Bagan -> Yangon.

Was wondering what's the best way to reach Inle Lake. If there is any direct train or bus available?

Thanks!

5 Answers Feb 4, 2015 at 5:07 PM
    • EUROS in Burma/Myanmar?

Burma Jan 10, 2015 at 12:34 PM

I have told one can get better rate for USD 100 bill notes, is that true? Where I can change money without problems? Is there any use for Euros as - I quess - one need small notes, too? Thanks for help!

13 Answers Jan 12, 2015 at 2:48 AM
    • How long does it take to travel from Mandalay to Inle Lake by car

Burma Jan 10, 2015 at 6:48 AM

Many travel forums stated the distance from Mandalay to Inle Lake is 320km, the driving time is around 7 to 9 hours. However, when I checked with the DistanceFrom.com and the DistanceCalculator.com, both sites stated that 262km is the distance, and 4 hr 9 min is the driving time. Has anyone ever done this route by car? Would appreciate any feed back.

6 Answers Jan 12, 2015 at 3:21 AM
    • gaolei's Profile Photo

Viking river cruise starting in Mandalay

Burma Jan 8, 2015 at 1:51 PM

Has anyone taken the Viking river cruise that starts in Mandalay? Any advice you can share about the cruise, including room preferences/problem, food, tours and anything else you can share.
      Thanks!

Ray

1 Answer Jan 8, 2015 at 2:51 PM
    • Can we still visit Chin State, without Tour Guides?

Burma Jan 7, 2015 at 9:47 AM

Stop me if I'm barking up the wrong tree here.

I came across this page while doing my research, I'm interested to visit Chin State.
      And I'm aware of the situation there at the moment, but is the state open for tourist? as for year 2015?

Here is the dated page (circa-2012)
      ananda-travel.com/UK/myanmar...

Thanks!
      Teo
      Malaysia

4 Answers Jan 15, 2015 at 8:41 PM
    • How to get from Bagan to Pindaya Cave?

Bagan Dec 31, 2014 at 1:31 AM

Hello!
      I need to figure out how to get from Bagan to Golden Cave in Pindaya and there doesn´t seem to be a bus... Does anyone have a tip for this?

Thank you so much and Happy New Year!!!!

1 Answer Dec 31, 2014 at 3:36 AM
    • Walking up or down to Golden Rock

Kyaiktiyo Dec 31, 2014 at 1:28 AM

Hi to all and Happy New Year!
      I will have so little time in Myanmar so I wanted to ask how to economize it.
      From Yangon I will take a bus to Kinput, but I read I would get there around noon. I also read that it takes 5 hours to walk up to Golden Rock, so it will be already 17h..and the last bus back is at 18h... Do you think it would be better to do it other way round - to arrive to Golden Rock by bus and trunk and then to walk down 3 hours? Is there enough time to catch the bus? Or do you think it is worth sleeping in Kinput and waking up early and walk the way up?
      Thank you so much in advance!
      Best

5 Answers Jan 7, 2015 at 12:29 AM
    • Nampan, anyone been there?

Shan State Dec 27, 2014 at 6:50 PM

Hello guys, has anyone been to Nampan? I heard the market is awesome!

Thanks guys!
      Teo

2 Answers Jan 7, 2015 at 9:43 AM
    • Mandat thingyan

Thingyan Dec 12, 2014 at 11:53 AM

I havent been to myanmar for almost 10 years for thingyan. May i know where is the best mandat to sit and how do i rent car to visit around in thingyan?

1 Answer Dec 12, 2014 at 12:37 PM
    • budget accommodation in Mandalay, Bagan, Inle lake and Yangoon

Burma Dec 10, 2014 at 11:09 PM

does anybody know any good places? Travelling with a friend in Feb for 2 weeks

12 Answers Dec 19, 2014 at 3:33 AM

10 days in Myanmar; possible itinerary

Burma Nov 28, 2014 at 10:49 AM

Hi, I will be in Myanmar for 10 days.
      I have shortlisted the places I'd like to see. Wanted to know whether 10 days would be enough for the following sites:

• Bagan
      • Mrauk U
      • Inle Lake
      • Mandalay
      • U Bein Bridge
      • Yangon

Thanks!

10 Answers Dec 18, 2014 at 10:36 PM
    • Reliability of Asiatravel booking engine

Rangoon Nov 8, 2014 at 12:41 AM

Has anyone used Asiatravel booking engine to book hotels in S E Asia, particularly Yangon in Myanmar?

6 Answers Nov 13, 2014 at 6:41 PM
    • some questions for preparing my next trip

Rangoon Oct 31, 2014 at 4:05 PM

Hi to all of you who live in Burma! I am going to visit this wonderful country end of january 2015. Would be great if you can support me by answering some questions.

Do I need guestroom reservations or will I find a room easily?
      Is it possible to get tickets for the bus / train just one day before I continue my trip?

What is better to bring with - USD or EUR?
      Can I withdraw money at ATM (maestro)?
      Are prepaid SIM cars available for tourists?
      Which are the little goodies (except money) that people in Burma like ?

Maybe you also have some hints about
      - traffic and road conditions for motorcycles at Mandalay and north
      - visiting a project of social work
      - living like a buddhist monk (one day should be enough!)
      - experiencing the life of burmese farmer, lawer, teacher, ... or whatever

Thank you so much for giving me an idea about the current siutation and all your ideas for a pleasant stay.

8 Answers Jan 10, 2015 at 10:00 AM