Burma Travel Answers

change location

extending your 28 day visa

by Frida_Life Online Now Mar 16, 2013 at 10:51 AM

I'm wondering whether it's worth extending my visa for a further two days according to the flight prices.....Do you think 26 days is sufficient time to see the main points of Burma or should I stay 30 days in total? How much would it cost to extend my visa - $3 per day plus $3 registration?

Quote & Answer
6 Answers
  • davidjo's Profile Photo

Re: extending your 28 day visa

by davidjo Online Now Mar 16, 2013 at 11:12 AM

26 or 30 days, i think it is an adequate amount of time and it would not make too much difference whatever you decide unless there is an important festival or something else that you don't want to miss. I have just checked a few sites and it looks to me that you can only extend for two weeks which costs $36 but some sites say that Burma changes the regulations frequently, but if you have heard that it is $3 a day, fine!!

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • Skorpios's Profile Photo

by Skorpios Online Now Mar 16, 2013 at 11:28 AM

That's right 26 or 30 days does not mean so much. I have travelled Myanmar already 5 times but stick to the 28 days, I did not even know or look dor more. Are paring your trip by yourself ot through someone in Myanmar (travel agency or someone else? Because you have also the possibility of the Visa On Arrival (VOA) and if you are dealing with a travel agency they should be able to have it for you.

• Skorpios's Profile Photo

by Skorpios Online Now Mar 16, 2013 at 11:30 AM

Sorry :look for more and Are you preparing your...

• by tweetyeve Online Now Mar 18, 2013 at 8:35 PM

Dont need to extend just pay fine before you leave at the custom $3 per day. 26 days is more than enough to cover most of the area but the question is whether you are there for business or leisure.

• by tweetyeve Online Now Mar 18, 2013 at 8:35 PM

Dont need to extend just pay fine before you leave at the custom $3 per day. 26 days is more than enough to cover most of the area but the question is whether you are there for business or leisure.

• Mique's Profile Photo

by Mique Online Now Mar 21, 2013 at 11:32 PM

26 days is enough for the main attractions and a few smaller on the side.

If you do want to extend it is $3 a day + $3 processing costs. There is no real time limit as far as I now though most people extend for only a few days up to a week or 2 because you never know. I've extended for much longer periods but usually with a good reason (childbirth amongst others) and never had a problem.

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Popular Burma Travel Answer Locations