Burlington Travel Answers

change location

Nature around Burlington

by intwilight Online Now Aug 3, 2005 at 6:40 AM

I'm looking for natural settings near Burlington to take dance photographs. A field of tall grass, or a forest setting. I don't like to draw a crowd, and prefer to work in places that are somewhat remote. (Not North Beach for example.) Does anyone know of any good spots?
Michael

Quote & Answer
3 Answers
  • Beausoleil's Profile Photo

RE: Nature around Burlington

by Beausoleil Online Now Aug 4, 2005 at 8:57 PM

Which Burlington? Your home page says you live in Burlington. Did you just move there? There is a Burlington in several states so we need to know which state . . . or am I missing something. This happens . . . 8^)

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • RE: Nature around Burlington

by MarissasMom Online Now Sep 10, 2005 at 9:59 AM

Well, right in Burlington, you could walk along the bike path and just step off onto a sandy spot, not big enough to be called an official "beach", however if you're looking for tree areas, how about the Ethan Allen Homestead? It is in Burlington's Intervale section and is a public outdoor museum of sorts with walking trails. If you go down towards Gardener's Supply (road intersects Riverside and is across from Prospect) there is a walking trail on the right before you get to the Intervale Gardens. How about on Mt. Philo, in Charlotte, if the before mentioneds aren't remote enough?

• Osmun79's Profile Photo

RE: Nature around Burlington

by Osmun79 Online Now Mar 30, 2006 at 2:10 AM

Have you thought of climbing Camel's Hump? The rocky terrain and low grasses would make for a nice picture. Other then that, you might want to try Rock Point north of North Beach, as you can ask permission of the people who run the place and because it's not a public beach, you'll have a more intimate setting to work with.

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines