Burlington Travel Answers

change location
jelw's Profile Photo

Lake Champlain overnight

by jelw Online Now Jul 30, 2005 at 3:11 AM

I am flying into Burlington airport in a couple weeks. My destination is on the NY side of Lake Champlain. My plane is scheduled to land at 7 pm The last ferry to the N.Y. side is 7:30 pm. And there are no longer commuter flights to Plattsburgh.
So I need to find lodging in Burlington for the night.
I would prefer something close to the Ferry service. The only hotel I have come up with is over200 per night, not what I am looking for on this trip.
Any suggestions?

Quote & Answer
3 Answers
  • RE: Lake Champlain overnight

by MarissasMom Online Now Aug 1, 2005 at 10:13 AM

I have a couple of suggetions for South Burlington, which is only 5 - 8 minutes away from the ferry and these hotels are on a straight shot road to downtown. (All area code is 802) Try the Comfort Inn 865-3400, University Inn & Suites 863-5541, Holiday Inn 860-1112, or Flight Inn (small, independently owned, I've never been there but they are very close to airport) 862-5542. All these are on Williston Road, which becomes Main Street going into Burlington. Good Luck. Kim

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • nicolaitan's Profile Photo

RE: Lake Champlain overnight

by nicolaitan Online Now Aug 1, 2005 at 1:28 PM

downtown burlington has only the radisson and a few expensive B&B's. There are also some chain motels on US7 but they are a similar distance and class as described for the US2 motels above. They all are about 3-5 miles from where you want to be for the ferry. As long as you are stuck in town overnight, try and visit the Church Street shopping and restaurant area.

• jelw's Profile Photo

RE: RE: Lake Champlain overnight

by jelw Online Now Aug 1, 2005 at 7:47 PM

Thank you both for your kind response. It makes for a more comfortable decission knowing they are relatively close to town. I look forward to trying a Martini and dinner at Leunigs.

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines