Burkina Faso Travel Answers

change location

Raining season Burkina F.

by HakimRenee Online Now May 1, 2008 at 3:04 PM

Dear friends,

I'm planning my trip to Mali, Burkina Faso and Ghana for this summer, and I was wondering if any of you can give me some more information on the raining season in Burkina. I'm planning on visiting Burkina for about two weeks in the end of july/ beginning of august, but I'm afraid I'll get stuck and cannot continue my travel because of the heavy rainfall. Can anyone give me some more information on this?
I'm not planning on going into the countryside alot, but am wondering about the main roads and also the traffic from Mali and to Ghana. Like, will the regular buses continue during this period? If anyone has more information about the state of the roads in this period or do you have experience with travelling throuht Burkina Faso in the raining season, please contact me or leave a message.

Thanks in advance, warm regards from Holland,

Renée

Quote & Answer
1 Answer
  • Kenei's Profile Photo

Re: Raining season Burkina F.

by Kenei Online Now Jul 3, 2008 at 4:19 AM

I was there last year in August. The rains were pretty bad. But there was no problems with roads.
    In fact there were only two problems. First in Burkina when we wanted to go to Gorom-Gorom market, and had to wait for the truck cuz nothing else can pass in the rainy season (but you wont' go there from what i understood) and other in Mali when it was raining hard in Mopti so on the exit the driver got paranoid and we had to walk over the flooded road cuz he thought we are too heavy and the 4x4 will get filled with water.

So nothing dramatic. I just remeberd that the direct road from Ouaga to Mopti is not usable in the rainy season, so you need to use Ouaga-Bobo-Mali border road (or other way around)

Have fun on your trip

Stevan

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Popular Burkina Faso Travel Answer Locations