Burgos

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• How many days? Night train to Lisbon?

Salamanca Nov 30, 2014 at 12:42 AM

We will be in Salamanca in May. Wanted to know how many days are suggested (including day trips).
      And we will be taking the night train from there to Lisbon. Does anyone have any info or comments about the train? Specifically, what is a "recliner" seat / couchette?
      Thank you.

more
    • Burgos as a base

by cobyshome Online Now Jun 14, 2014 at 12:08 AM

We want to rent an apartment for a month in northern Spain.  Is Burgos a good option? We are interested in walks and bike rides with interesting architecture and scenery, good food and relaxing lifestyle. 

6 Answers Jun 30, 2014 at 12:17 PM
    • Parking Fee

by lekVP Online Now Feb 27, 2014 at 1:26 AM

How much approximately for parking overnight in city of Burgos? Is it safe? Is it easy to find?

2 Answers Feb 27, 2014 at 3:02 PM
    • Burgos Cathedral

by glynray Online Now Sep 30, 2013 at 8:30 PM

can I park near Burgos Cathedral?

4 Answers Oct 1, 2013 at 3:05 AM
    • Travelling with a bicycle

by HutchingsF Online Now Sep 29, 2013 at 11:15 AM

I need to get from Santander to Burgos with a bicycle. Can anyone recommend a taxi company that I could try for a quotation? They need to be able to take my bike and me! Thanks

3 Answers Sep 30, 2013 at 4:39 AM
    • philosykos's Profile Photo

From Madrid to Burgos..day trip..

by philosykos Online Now Sep 15, 2013 at 2:37 AM

Besides a bus from Madrid or train..Are here any one day bus tours to Burgos from Madrid????Many thanks!

7 Answers Sep 15, 2013 at 7:03 PM
    • Nijntje1973's Profile Photo

29 June 2013 - Big Party?

by Nijntje1973 Online Now May 29, 2013 at 3:44 PM

Hola! I am planning to travel to Burgos for one night on 29 June. I will be arriving in Madrid that morning and will take a bus. My colleague, who is from Burgos, told me there will be big party this week (San Pedro y San Pablo?) Could you please tell me how I can find all this festivities? Obviously I would like to see as much sight as possible as I know Burgos is beautiful, but I don't want to miss party either! Please let me know where I can get more information on this. I would love to enjoy this event with the locals!

Also, I have been trying to surf couch but a lot of people are away at the time. Is there any cheap accommodation like hostel in the town centre? I have been searching but only seems to have hotels. I will only be there for a night so just need somewhere near to put my feet up for a few hours. I will be out most of the day/evening. All suggestions welcome!

Gracias! :)

Juls

3 Answers Jun 2, 2013 at 7:50 AM
    • Oleg_D.'s Profile Photo

Policy on non commercial photo

by Oleg_D. Online Now Mar 25, 2012 at 1:33 AM

Dear Members,

First of all, thank you for your reviews on the Burgos Cathedral, Monasteries and Museums. Good job!

Unfortunately, nobody said a single word about the policies on photography in those places of interests. I’m very interested to know are the visitors allowed to take noncommercial photos without flash light and tripod in the Cathedral, Monastery of Las Huelgas, Cartuja De Miraflores, and Museum of Altarpieces in the Saint Esteban Church and so on.

Unfortunately many official internet sites don’t provide that information.

Thank you in advance for your help and cooperation.

Sincerely,
      Oleg

19 Answers Mar 26, 2012 at 10:56 AM
    • Question on Burgos shopping

by juliesand Online Now Feb 11, 2012 at 3:46 PM

Hi,
      My daughter is studying in Burgos and wondering where is a good place to shop for school supplies - notebooks, folders, backpack, etc. Also, she is wondering if the University of Burgos has a bookstore? When she has asked, people don't seem to get what she means.
      Thank you
      Julie S.

3 Answers Feb 14, 2012 at 1:07 AM
    • Savl1's Profile Photo

from Burgos to convento by taxi

by Savl1 Online Now Feb 15, 2010 at 11:44 PM

How much does it cost to go from city centre by taxi (one way) to:

1) Cartuja de Miraflores
      or to
      2) monasterio de Cardena ?

Is it difficult to find taxi in this places to go back to Burgos? May be it is better to take a taxi for return trip with waiting for me? How much does it cost in such case ?

3 Answers Feb 20, 2010 at 5:28 AM
    • How to get from Burgos to the Madrid airport early on a Sunday morning

by scarlisle Online Now Jan 26, 2010 at 2:31 PM

I need to get to the Madrid airport by 9 am on a Sunday for a 12 noon flight to the USA. Is there any way to get from Burgos to Madrid airport on a Sunday morning at that early an hour? Perhaps a car/driver service, car rental?

2 Answers Jan 27, 2010 at 12:49 AM
    • Travelling from Madrid to Burgos

by Sippe Online Now Aug 4, 2009 at 5:22 AM

I am trying to get some info about how best to travel from Madrid to Burgos. It seems that the trains stop after 6PM on Sundays, and I am arriving in Madrid at 7.30 PM. I need to get there the same Sunday and not sleep over in Madrid.
      Does anybody have a clue about buses, trains, mules whatever??

1 Answer Aug 4, 2009 at 7:59 AM
    • yozza2005's Profile Photo

Pilgrims Passport?

by yozza2005 Online Now Jun 16, 2007 at 5:05 AM

Hello.
      I arrive in Burgos in Mid July. Does anyone know of any places i can obtain a pilgrims passport in the area?
      Thank You
      Yoz

2 Answers Jun 17, 2007 at 3:24 AM
    • Roadquill's Profile Photo

Car safety in Burgos

by Roadquill Online Now Jun 15, 2006 at 12:45 PM

Hello all, I will be driving through Burgos and want to stop for a couple of hours to take pics, have lunch, etc. However, we will have all our luggage sitting in the back of the van. Is Burgos relatively safe if we park and leave the car? Are there secure parking lots and, if so, how do I find them? TIA, Karl

4 Answers Dec 3, 2006 at 8:05 AM
    • PaulKirk's Profile Photo

Advice and Information

by PaulKirk Online Now Jun 8, 2006 at 12:33 PM

Any advice and information on where to walk from Burgos. The heights above the town seem a good bet but what's up there and where do the paths go from there? Is there a village we can walk to within 10 miles of Burgos that's worth a visit? I've checked out the Burgos sites and other websites but any not to be missed places in town would be nice to know. Tapas bars and siderias are popular rather than churches or museums. A decent bar in an old square sounds good so please tell me where they are? Don't bother to tell me where Fcdonalds is. I don't go there. Cheers.

1 Answer Jun 15, 2006 at 10:04 PM
    • Travelling from Barcelona to Bilbao.

by kost_rad Online Now May 31, 2006 at 5:27 AM

Hi, everyone!
      I am at last travelling around Spain and i would like some advice about my trip.
      More specifically, i will fly to BARCELONA around the middle of June and end up in BILBAO where i will fly back. During a period of 15 days i want to visit also BURGOS and SAN SEBASTIAN and I would like some sugestions about what's the best way and best order to travel from one city to another, how many days to stay in each one and places i shouldnt miss.
      If you also have any ideas for cheap accommodation or any other cities i should visit, please dont hesitate to say.
      Gracias AMIGOS!!!

• Paulo_Pinto's Profile Photo

Clean not expensive road hotel

by Paulo_Pinto Online Now Feb 24, 2006 at 11:57 PM

Let me know a hotel/motel not far from Burgos

1 Answer Feb 27, 2006 at 1:59 PM
    • Suzanne_M's Profile Photo

HIKING TRIP (SEPT 28-29) IN BURGOS!!!

by Suzanne_M Online Now Sep 25, 2002 at 2:06 AM

Hello my dear friends, I have just found out in this magazine (DeViajes) that there is this hiking excursion planned for this weekend in BURGOS. It costs 100€, includes the trip by bus, the lodging in a 3 star hotel in Medina de Pomar, half pension, a guide, and insurance. It is organized by HACIENDO HUELLA (953-04-41). I have not called yet, but I am interested in going. Would anybody else like to join me? Since it is this coming weekend, I would like to know ASAP if you would like to go. Looking forward to seeing you soon, zuzu