Burgos Travel Answers

change location

Question on Burgos shopping

by juliesand Online Now Feb 11, 2012 at 3:46 PM

Hi,
My daughter is studying in Burgos and wondering where is a good place to shop for school supplies - notebooks, folders, backpack, etc. Also, she is wondering if the University of Burgos has a bookstore? When she has asked, people don't seem to get what she means.
Thank you
Julie S.

Quote & Answer
3 Answers
  • hawkhead's Profile Photo

Re: Question on Burgos shopping

by hawkhead Online Now Feb 12, 2012 at 4:56 AM

Google "stationers burgos".

I am assuming you mean a bookstore in the university campus that sells books that are required reading for courses? If so, perhaps your daughter could re-phrase the question and instead of asking for a bookstore, ask if there is anywhere to buy books required for university courses. Better still, ask her tutors.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • Belsaita's Profile Photo

by Belsaita Online Now Feb 12, 2012 at 7:29 AM

Better google "papeleria Burgos". I doubt they use English on their names :)

Or even better, use the Spanish yellow pages:
    paginasamarillas.es/papeleri...

Anyway, Burgos is not that big so I doubt she has problem finding some in a short walk around.

Spanish universities usually do not have bookstores (or stores of any kind) on their campus. I don't know specifically about Burgos, but this is probbaly teh case if they did not understand what she was asking for. The 'best' bookstore may depend on the subject she's studying. She should better ask their tutors, as suggested above.

• johnincornwall's Profile Photo

by johnincornwall Online Now Feb 14, 2012 at 1:07 AM

Never been to Burgos so dont know the layout, but there are several good librerias around the university of Salamanca, which was like a little gold mine to a Spanish history buff like me. I have no doubt the papelerias will exist to furnish the demand also.

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines