Burgos Travel Answers

change location
Roadquill's Profile Photo

Car safety in Burgos

by Roadquill Online Now Jun 15, 2006 at 12:45 PM

Hello all, I will be driving through Burgos and want to stop for a couple of hours to take pics, have lunch, etc. However, we will have all our luggage sitting in the back of the van. Is Burgos relatively safe if we park and leave the car? Are there secure parking lots and, if so, how do I find them? TIA, Karl

Quote & Answer
4 Answers
  • Belsaita's Profile Photo

RE: Car safety in Burgos

by Belsaita Online Now Jun 15, 2006 at 1:18 PM

Hi Karl, how are you doing?
    I remember there were quite a few underground parking lots scattered around the city centre. You cannot miss these, they have a big 'P' signal. I don't think is unsafe, but probably it will be easier there than finding a free place in the streets. And if you only stay a few hours, it will not cost you so much. I think you have to pay to park in the streets of the city centre in any case (maybe someone can confirm this)
    Allow a few hours to wander around the city centre, not only the cathedral.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • chiqui1106's Profile Photo

by chiqui1106 Online Now Jun 15, 2006 at 1:34 PM

Is the luggage visible from outside the van? If it is not visible you can be relaxed because Burgos is in general a safe city.
    If the luggage is visible I think you would be more unworried if you leave the car in a secure parking lot.

burgoscard.com/en/Contenidos...
    aytoburgos.es/contenidos/cpc...

• Roadquill's Profile Photo

RE: RE: Car safety in Burgos

by Roadquill Online Now Jun 18, 2006 at 4:02 PM

Thank you Isa and Chicqui, Now I need to find some Spanish "Rules of the Road" in English. Cheers, Karl

• mariaaam's Profile Photo

by mariaaam Online Now Dec 3, 2006 at 8:05 AM

Hi there,
    Well, I'm from Burgos. I just wanted to let you know that Burgos is a very safe city. There is a good parking in a place called "La Plaza Mayor"(Mayor Square). This is in the city centre. You have to pay. I don't know how much it costs as everybody parks outside in the road as it perfectly safe. But, I were you, I would never leave my car alone at night.
    Ah, before I forget...Never park your car in the "El castillo" are(the castle) somestimes there are crimes there.
    I hope this will be helpful. Ask me anything, if you need.

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines