Burgos Travel Answers

change location
PaulKirk's Profile Photo

Advice and Information

by PaulKirk Online Now Jun 8, 2006 at 12:33 PM

Any advice and information on where to walk from Burgos. The heights above the town seem a good bet but what's up there and where do the paths go from there? Is there a village we can walk to within 10 miles of Burgos that's worth a visit? I've checked out the Burgos sites and other websites but any not to be missed places in town would be nice to know. Tapas bars and siderias are popular rather than churches or museums. A decent bar in an old square sounds good so please tell me where they are? Don't bother to tell me where Fcdonalds is. I don't go there. Cheers.

Quote & Answer
1 Answer
  • Roadquill's Profile Photo

RE: Advice and Information

by Roadquill Online Now Jun 15, 2006 at 10:04 PM

Hi Paul, Burgos is one of the towns that is part of the Camino de Santiago. There are established walking routes that follow the routes the pilgrims walked centuries ago. These are supposedly well marked. Check out spainadventures.com/index.ph... and from another travel webpage "hike alongside other pilgrims as we follow el caminothrough the Castilian landscape to the 14th century ruins of the Monasterio de San Anton. Here we first see the trail markers of el camino—signs displaying yellow scallop shells with star-rays pointing the way. We visit Fromista, a key pilgrim stop, with its perfect Romanesque church, and stay in the ancient town of Carrion del los Condes." Karl

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines