Burbank Travel Answers

change location

surfing from burbank

by gailtassone Online Now May 22, 2012 at 4:59 AM

what kind of transportation is there from the Burbank area to Malabu to surf if the boys are to young to rent a car. Or another beaches near LA

Quote & Answer
3 Answers
  • GracesTrips's Profile Photo

Re: surfing from burbank

by GracesTrips Online Now May 22, 2012 at 8:27 AM

Unfortunately, Southern California has a rather poor transit system. To get from Burbank to Malibu is possible by bus but more efficiently and expensively by taxi. It's quite a distance and by public transporation it would take all day long. Perhaps, consider accomodations closer to the beach. Malibu would be expensive. Santa Monica would have more accomodation choices.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • lmkluque's Profile Photo

by lmkluque Online Now May 22, 2012 at 9:18 AM

You don't say where in Burbank they will be starting from so giving an exact answer is not possible. In general, the trip from Burbank to Malibu would actually take about two and a half hours.

go511.com/plan_your_trip/tri...

Going from Burbank to Santa Monica would take a little more than half the time, but I don't know about the surfing options at that beach.

go511.com/plan_your_trip/tri...

Another thing, if they will be taking their own boards, I'm not sure that the Metro/bus will allow them on board. You'd have to check.

• Roadquill's Profile Photo

by Roadquill Online Now May 22, 2012 at 3:35 PM

If I were in Burbank and wanted to go to the Malibu area I would take the metro to Universal City station, then take the bus to Warner Center in Woodland Hills. From the Warner Center station (which is at Owensmouth and Oxnard) and then take the beach bus (ladpw.org/PDD/Transit/TOPANG... which has a pick up at that location. Please note there are limited pick up times using the beach bus. The beach bus drops off at Topanga State beach which has a fair point, with fairly consistent surfable waves. I don't know if there are board rentals close by through. Karl

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines