Burbank Travel Answers

change location

Visiting Burbank - need some suggestions

by moefer5 Online Now Oct 31, 2011 at 7:40 AM

I will be traveling to Burbank, CA next week to see a taping of the Conan O'Brien show. My two daughters (18 and 25) will be with me. Any advice on things we can do during the day and in the evening? Also, my 18-year-old will be celebrating her birthday while we are there - any recommendations on a fun, semi-dressy place to take her? She's very much into celebrities so a place where we may have luck spotting some would be an extra bonus. (p.s. - we're not obnoxious and wouldn't approach anyone - just out for some people watching). Also - we're from the Midwest and do not want to look like geeky tourists - any suggestions on how to dress would be nice too (already told to leave my capris at home by my 25 year old.) Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Quote & Answer
3 Answers
  • Agraichen's Profile Photo

Re: Visiting Burbank - need some suggestions

by Agraichen Online Now Oct 31, 2011 at 10:22 AM

There are tons of restaurants in the area. My daughter tends to frequent AOC on West 3rd (http://www.aocwinebar.com/) for special occasions now that she's out of the movie business and back to being a "starving student" again. Dress ranges from quite casual to quite fancy depending on the "crowd." It's good for people watching from the booths or even at the bar.

Most of the street side cafe's on Larchmont, Melrose and Rodeo Drive are also good for people watching as well.

You will find people dress however they want. Jeans are even accepted in many places as well.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • lmkluque's Profile Photo

by lmkluque Online Now Nov 1, 2011 at 9:56 AM

Welcome to VT!!

First of all, half of the people in LA look like geeky tourists so that shouldn't be too big of a worry for you or your daughter. My suggestion would to dress in a more "classic style" rather than trying to go for trendy.

I would suggest a TMZ tour.

http://www.tmz.com/tour

Though I have never taken one myself, I've seen clips of them on the TV program, TMZ and they seem not only to show the "hottest" spots but also seem pretty clever at finding celebrities too. The tours start at 9:30 am and about every three hours after. You'll get a good idea for lunch or dinner that might give your daughter the chance to "rub elbows" for her birthday.

Good Luck!

• sandyn's Profile Photo

by sandyn Online Now Nov 2, 2011 at 11:02 PM

Fall is beautiful in California--right now the weather is in the mid-70's. Jeans, dressy tops, nice boots or heels will always work. During the day, shop Rodeo drive, Melrose or head for the Grove--a shopping mall where I always see celebrities. Dinner suggestions--do you and your daughters watch "The Real Housewives of Beverly Hills"? Perhaps you would all enjoy one of the restaurants owned by Housewife Lisa Vanderpump: Sur (surrestaurantandbar.com, or Villa Blanca in Beverly Hills (villablancarestaurant.com) where you are very likely to see celebrities. You should also visit the Hollywood/Highland Center for the Walk of Fame, Kodak Theater, the Chinese Theater and good views of the Hollywood sign. This is all assuming you have a car--none of this is in Burbank, but close by. While in Burbank, you could also tour NBC or Warner Brothers studios.

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines