Bunratty Travel Answers

change location
niviniv's Profile Photo

Bunratty Castle visits

by niviniv Online Now Aug 28, 2003 at 12:29 AM

How much time should I take for visiting the castle and the park?

Quote & Answer
7 Answers
  • Re: Bunratty Castle visits

by annamantere Online Now Aug 28, 2003 at 1:17 AM

couple of hours, I think 2 hours is enough. Remember to visit the pub next to the castle, it´s very famous in Ireland. I think it´s called dirty Nellies, but I might be wrong.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • Ash59's Profile Photo

Re: Bunratty Castle visits

by Ash59 Online Now Aug 28, 2003 at 5:12 AM

Depends upon what you want to see in the park. We spent most of the day there but we do tend to look into every nook and cranny. If it is just the castle that you are interested in, then a couple of hours will be ample - but this would not make the entrance fee worth paying. See my bunratty castle page for details. Regards Andy

• orlikins's Profile Photo

Re: Re: Bunratty Castle visits

by orlikins Online Now Aug 29, 2003 at 1:17 AM

1/2 day is enough. It's just a massive kitschy tourist rip-off joint, dont say i didnt warn you :) Orla

• Lochlainn's Profile Photo

Re: Re: Bunratty Castle visits

by Lochlainn Online Now Sep 2, 2003 at 4:38 AM

About 3 nanoseconds should do it.

• Pawtuxet's Profile Photo

Re: Bunratty Castle visits

by Pawtuxet Online Now Sep 2, 2003 at 4:58 AM

We did a fairly brief run through...and had lunch at Durty Nellie's next door. Nice into when you first arrive in Ireland. Sort of traditional for tourists. Many more castles to follow...allow more time for those...as well as the marvelous, congenial people of Ireland....which is where the culture resides. Have fun!

by Celticfawn Online Now Sep 7, 2003 at 9:40 AM

Depending on how many other tourists are there - would say at least 2 hours. Do go to all the towers in the castle - the library at the top of one of them is very interesting. The village can be an overly "tourist' thing - OR it can be a delight. If all you want to do is buy the souvenirs - well you can do that anywhere but if you really look at the individual homes and you are lucky enough to be there when they are baking bread, or thatching a roof, or you can see them weaving - well it may be touristy but really would be difficult to see these things anywhere else (at least conveniently) The old printing shop is interesting too. It is a nice walk up to the deer park and the little Church of Ireland church on the grounds. Wouldn't bother seeing the mansion house though. They have created so beautifully life the way it was and I do love looking in all the nooks and crannys and seeing things like the hidden trundle beds and imagining how it was for our ancestors who came from Ireland. And you can have a Guinness at Mac's and watch the donkey cart give rides. (this may be touristy but we saw one in Sligo much like it that was used for real)

by luapnordlaw Online Now Nov 13, 2004 at 1:03 PM

Stay in County Clare, visit for just one day in Bunratty (the castle and folk park ) then head for nearby Ennis and the Burren. Just outside Ballyvaughan, stay in a fabulous guesthouse called Drumcreehy House, overlooking the bay. (www.drumcreehyhouse.com)

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines