Bundesland Steiermark

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• Getting to Hallstatt from Salzburg

Hallstatt Oct 8, 2015 at 4:39 AM

i'm planning a 1 day trip to hallstatt currently, What is the best way of getting there? and what is the latest transport back to salzburg as i want to enjoy the night scenery of the place.

thank you!

• salzkammergut

Hallstatt Sep 27, 2015 at 6:43 AM

What to see?? Where to sleep?

• salzburg austria

Salzburg Sep 27, 2015 at 6:36 AM

Salzburg-what to see? Where to sleep? Where to eat?

• Vienna Woods

Vienna Sep 16, 2015 at 2:39 PM

i'm planning to visit Vienna this month and interested to go to "Vienna Woods" with my friend
      do i need a tour guide to find my way there ? or we can spend our time there on our own ?

• best route to 5 Fingers

Hallstatt Oct 6, 2015 at 1:17 AM

what is the best route to 5 Fingers ? Train or Bus ?

• Winter holiday

Zell am See Oct 5, 2015 at 3:44 AM

If I don't ski, what will I find to do in Winter ?

• lonecrusader's Profile Photo

Zell am See to Gosau

Austria Sep 26, 2015 at 9:31 AM

Can someone help me with the best route by train or bus from Zell am See to Gosau. We are traveling on Tuesday and am not able to get clarity either from oebb or from google maps.

Many thanks in advance for your help as always.

• Bus to 5 fingers

Hallstatt Oct 10, 2015 at 9:00 PM

Went thru the bus details and a bit confused.
      What is the nearest bus stop at Obertraun to get to 5 fingers cable car ?
      Quite a few different names seen
      Great tks

• Induc's Profile Photo

Budget travel to Hintertux

Hintertux Oct 5, 2015 at 7:38 PM

I am a solo traveller from India and will be visiting Salzburg in first week of May 2016.
      Please advise cost effective route to visit Hintertux.

• Induc's Profile Photo

Visit to Schoenbrurnn Palace

Vienna Oct 5, 2015 at 7:49 PM

I am solo traveller from India visiting Vienna in first week of May 2016. I wish to visit Schoenbrurnn Palace gardens.
      Is there a main Hall in Palace, which is free for visitors.

1. How to travel from Vienna Hbf to Schoenbrurnn Palace using tram route.
      2. Suggest a Hostel at suitable place near to train station or a place conveniently accessible from train station.

• cbluminita's Profile Photo

Summer holiday inGraz

Graz Apr 12, 2015 at 6:16 AM

i just receive an invitation to spend my summerholiday in Graz.Should i go?

8 Answers Apr 12, 2015 at 10:34 AM
    • Budapest to Graz

Graz Dec 29, 2014 at 12:18 PM

hey guys...
      is it possible to buy tickets from Budapest Nygati railway station to Graz,Austria....?

2 Answers Dec 30, 2014 at 3:03 AM
    • zochios's Profile Photo

Graz Sep 14, 2014 at 3:25 PM

i wond bar open 18.00 and finish 4.00 or 5.00. the boss is from slovakia. sorry my english is litle bad. if anybody

know something for this??? i must go thear and i dont know how.ONLY THIS I KNOW. THANKS. im from greece and now live slovakia.

2 Answers Sep 15, 2014 at 7:32 AM
    • search for family crest on a church in Bad Radkersburg

Bad Radkersburg May 26, 2014 at 3:26 PM

I am looking for a church in Bad Radkersburg which supposedly contains a picture or carving of my family crest. My family origin is that they are what is called old Hungarian aristocracy (Alter Ungarischer Adel)and I was told by an Austrian relative that one of the churches in Bad Radkersburg, on the border of Austria and Slovenia, is supposed to contain a copy of our family's crest. Where in the church, I am not sure, but I thought that the relative said it was above the entrance to the church. But it could also be somewhere inside the church.
      The one church which comes to mind from what I have been reading about Bad Radkersburg is that they may mean the old parish Church or John the Baptist Church, but I am not at all sure of this.
      Could you possibly advise me, since I am planning a trip to Austria in late June/ early July.
      Thank you kindly.

2 Answers May 27, 2014 at 6:40 AM
    • Scuba diving early July

Grüner See Jan 27, 2014 at 2:57 PM

Will it still be deep enough to scuba dive in July? Possibly around the 12?

• beeena1's Profile Photo

is it snowing?

Schladming Nov 22, 2013 at 12:38 PM

Has it started to snow in schladming already or is it all only rain and sun.

4 Answers Nov 25, 2013 at 1:07 AM

schladming hotel booking

Schladming Nov 14, 2013 at 9:35 AM

Should I book hotel online or book once I reach.
      Any good hotel near to resort.should be cheap.
      Ski pases should be bought o site or online?
      We will be going to schladming in early december

2 Answers Nov 20, 2013 at 6:46 AM

where to stay

Schladming Nov 12, 2013 at 12:12 PM

Can you recommend a hotel for 2 nights stay.should be cheap as vr on a budget but also should be near the resort or bus service leading to resorts.
      If you cannot name any hotel jst tell be tge general area where it should be and I will search hotel in that area.

1 Answer Nov 12, 2013 at 1:43 PM

schladming ski pass

Schladming Nov 6, 2013 at 10:10 PM

do these passes only offer skiing or do they offer sledging skating etc too.
      also which one is best in schladming in early december.
      does the pass cover ski lifts too?

5 Answers Nov 12, 2013 at 1:57 PM

in december

Schladming Nov 1, 2013 at 12:29 PM

Im planning to come here on 7 8 and 9 december with my husband and three yr old son.
      Would there be enough snow for skiing snow skating .sledging etc

2 Answers Nov 2, 2013 at 9:13 AM
    • Stainz, Austria

Graz Sep 15, 2013 at 1:38 AM

What to take as clothing to Styria for a two week visit relatives?

2 Answers Sep 16, 2013 at 5:14 PM
    • transportation from Linz hbf to Katsdorf

Katsdorf Jul 11, 2013 at 4:35 AM

how to reach Katsdorf from Linz hbf by train or bus?

1 Answer Jul 11, 2013 at 5:43 AM
    • which valley is the best?

Tirol Jun 14, 2013 at 3:55 PM

Hi -

We're planning a week's summer break in Tirol area, and are looking for recommendations about the best place to focus on... The most important thing for us is being able to use cable cars to get us on top of the mountains... The more cable cars in the area - the better it will be for us ;) A weekly "Active Card" is even better!
      So far we have read about Zillertal valley and the Ötztal valley.
      We will be arriving by car from Munich.
      Any suggestions?

5 Answers Jun 15, 2013 at 1:15 AM
    • Question title

Grundlsee Mar 19, 2013 at 7:24 AM

We'll be staying in grundlsee for a week. We also rent a car. What places should we visit?

2 Answers Mar 19, 2013 at 10:56 AM
    • joefred28's Profile Photo

Graz Jun 27, 2012 at 11:28 AM

Can anyone tell me how long it might take to hike through the Klamm and back, and how difficult is it?
      I am 72 and in reasonably good physical condition.
      I am planning on it in mid. July.

1 Answer Jun 27, 2012 at 3:23 PM
    • Matsch tirol austria

Tirol Apr 25, 2012 at 11:36 AM

I have been looking for this location as it is the place of birth of my grandfather and we are visiting there
      May 21-26 2012.

Family name is Gunsch any help locating area, or cemetery

2 Answers Apr 26, 2012 at 1:14 AM
    • Train Graz - Nimes,France

Graz Nov 19, 2011 at 3:54 PM

Hello, can someone please give me an there any train from Graz to Nimes (France)? or maybe to Marseille,Montpellier? any help would be great! tnx in advance :)

10 Answers Nov 21, 2011 at 9:23 AM
    • Graz to Milano

Graz Aug 27, 2011 at 12:54 PM

We are going to travel from Graz to Milano at Saturday, maybe someone know are a lot of traffic jam in this road ?

1 Answer Aug 27, 2011 at 1:20 PM
    • daniwales's Profile Photo

Graz Jul 19, 2011 at 2:48 PM

Hi guys I am travelling to graz with a party of 100 dancers in October and it is my job as team captain to find as much about the costs in the City as I can, so we can fundraise for the visit.
      We use the british pound and need to know the average costs of food, resturaunts, take aways etc.... , cold drinks and alcholic drinks, toiletries, sweets, chocolate, potatoe chips.. the list is long I know but I have a lot of people to please

thank you

8 Answers Jul 21, 2011 at 9:27 AM
    • From B. Radkersburg to Budapest

Bad Radkersburg Jul 8, 2011 at 5:49 PM

I'm from Brasil and will be staying n Bad Radkersburg for a few days, and would like to visit Budapest, because I see it's near. What do you recomend? By bus or train? Wich connections I have to make? Because I need the cheapest option (and wil go there only for a couple days)

5 Answers Jul 9, 2011 at 10:07 AM
    • Grundlsee,Austria.

Grundlsee Apr 25, 2011 at 5:49 AM

G,day all,
      After a month in Croatia,plan to have a week in Grundlsee.Planing to travel from Frankfurt to Salzburg by rail, then rental car to Grundlsee.(Mid September)
      QUESTION. Is hire car the ideal,or would it be better to use public transport,in this area.
      Cheers Silver43.

• Travel in April

Grundlsee Dec 5, 2010 at 5:09 PM

Are a lot of the restaurants and shops closed in April. I am looking at traveling there in April, but don't want to make the trip if I will not be able to see/do everything. Thanks for any advice you can provide.

2 Answers Dec 7, 2010 at 1:17 PM
    • Transportation

Schladming Oct 11, 2010 at 4:44 PM

How do I get to Schladming from the Salzberg airport, ie: train, bus?

1 Answer Oct 11, 2010 at 11:30 PM
    • free summer pass!!!!

Schladming Jul 25, 2010 at 5:10 AM

hello there
      i have read several postings now on schladming,and i keep hearing about the free summer pass you get for hiking buses etc.i contacted my hotel to ask about them and they said they dont support the scheme themselves as it costs the hotel money to obtain them.does anyone know where i can get them from,as it woill get pricey without one.

12 Answers Jul 28, 2010 at 12:10 PM
    • halikowski's Profile Photo

Graz Jul 23, 2010 at 1:33 AM

Am moving to Graz in mid-September. Just visited once for interview. Need to find an apartment near the university district. Does anyboday have any tips?

2 Answers Feb 27, 2011 at 10:30 AM
    • things to do in schladming

Schladming Jul 12, 2010 at 1:56 AM

will be spending a week in schladming at start of august.just looking for couple of tips/ helpful hints.
      theres 3 of us in our travel party and at the min we looking at catching a train from salzburg to schladming. costing bout 18 euros each.without hiring a car anyone know of any other ideas of getting there.
      anyone recommend any nice restaurants???
      is there leaflets which you can for walks??
      is there summer similiar to ours in uk,??/
      sorry if questions my seem obvious to some , but this is my first holiday of this type.but after reading some great reviews on here looking forward to it even more.

7 Answers Jul 14, 2010 at 10:49 AM
    • dennisj8's Profile Photo

Mariazell Jun 29, 2010 at 2:17 PM

Hi, is there a bus service from Vienna to Mariazell? I understand that there is train service that needs to change once to get to marizell. I wonder if there is a bus service so it could possibly cheaper and less hassle ?
      Thank you.

3 Answers Jun 30, 2010 at 6:05 AM
    • taxi services in Graz

Graz May 22, 2010 at 5:14 AM

Dear all.
      Maybe my question will seem silly but as a foreigner I am not quite sure on the issue.

could you kindly comment on taxi service abailable in Graz.
      I depart from Graz airport on 06.00 am. Since the time is very early I doubt if any taxi services operate at night.
      Whether is is possible to book taxi in advance a few days before? As I understand there is no public transport at night. So I can go to airport only by taxi.
      Please, comment what companies to address.

Thank you in advance.

• Drugness's Profile Photo

Hostels in Graz?

Graz May 18, 2010 at 3:19 PM

Hello all
      Can anyone recommend any hostels in the old town of Graz which are of decent quality and reputation?
      I've read up on the JUFA Gästehaus Graz and that seems ok but quite a distance from the old town by foot?
      I read about some other hostels on wikitravel but i couldn't find anything for them online, probably because they seemed too good to be true! :)
      Can anyone recommend a good place? Naturally, in this day and age, budget is key :)
      Thanks everyone!

• Trains from Graz

Graz Mar 9, 2009 at 11:51 AM

I'm planning to go to Graz

I like to know which nearby international destinations I can go to from Graz Train Station?(Timings and frequencies as well)

Is there a website or something that says the timetables?

3 Answers Mar 9, 2009 at 1:29 PM