change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• Rachel972's Profile Photo

Online tickets to the Belvedere

Vienna Apr 7, 2014 at 10:59 AM

I want to order the tickets for the lower and upper Belvedere. It is for one entrance. Can we go to each palace on a separate day (entering each place only once ) ?

more
    • Bus timings from Salzburg to Bad Ischl?

Hallstatt Apr 1, 2014 at 5:16 AM

Does the bus from salzburg to bad ischl leave at top of the hour, say 7am, 8am. when is the first bus from salzburg for bad ischl?

more
    • is there a bus from innsbruck train station to unterried.

Unterried Mar 22, 2014 at 11:13 AM

Is there a bus from Innsbruck train station to Unterried and if so, how long is the bus ride? Can you provide me with a bus schedule website? Thank you.

more
    • travel between Durnstein and Krems

Dürnstein Mar 17, 2014 at 6:50 AM

We would like to stop off at Durnstein on our day trip through the Wachau valley. We intend to buy a combi ticket from Vienna and get off the boat at Durnstein instead Krems. We should arrive in Durnstein at about 15.10.

1) how long is the walk into town from where we will dock and what would be the best use of our time there as we will only have about an hour or so.
      2) from Durnstein we will have to get to Krems for our journey back to Vienna, should we take a bus or is there a train to take us to Krems, we plan to catch the 18.02 train back to Vienna and would like a little time also in Krems if possible.

many thanks
      Christine Cheeseman (England)

more
    • tusharbhotica's Profile Photo

salt mines near salzburg

Salzburg Apr 12, 2014 at 9:37 PM

which saltmine should one visit near salzburg? we are a family of children in the late teens.

more

Timetable for Vienna museums

Vienna Apr 5, 2014 at 1:57 AM

I get my information from different websites, and I'm going to buy the entrance tickets online. I understand that the upper and lower Belvedere are separate, that I can see the lower on one day, coming early to see the Prunkstall that's open only in the morning. And the upper Belvedere on Thursday to see also at noon the painting restoration. The restoration is open on Tuesday too, but I have a concert in the early evening.

We'll be staying at the Beethoven hotel, I guess we'll use the metro stations at the Karlsplaz. To which stations should we travel for each Belvedere? or use a tram? or walk to the Lower, it looks close on the map.

more
    • From Salzburg to Munich

Salzburg Mar 28, 2014 at 9:06 AM

I am looking for cheap train tickets to Munich for family of 4.
      I see lots of transport from munich....(Bayern tix)

What about to Munich to Salzburg. Railjet/DB says E35 per person
      Does Bayern tix work from Salzburg to Munich???

more
    • PhillyJohn's Profile Photo

Einfach-Raus tix

Salzburg Mar 21, 2014 at 7:55 PM

I just stumbled across this offer (it looks like the German Lander ticket). It seems expensive, but might suit us for some of our short, local trips out from Salzburg. I am assuming it is only for the state it is bought in, like Lander. It may not make economic sense, but I will compare it to buying individual tix for trains.

more

Where to stay

Salzburg Mar 21, 2014 at 7:20 AM

We are a 2 family group? Where to stay? Alistair or?

more
    • Hiking/biking in the Tirol region

Austria Apr 12, 2014 at 5:01 PM

My wife and I are planning a trip in late May to go hiking in the Tirol Region of southern Austria. What would be a good base town for this type of adventure? I was think about Kitzbuhel? Are there better options? We will have a car.

more
    • best possible way of going from Vienna international airport to Innsbruck with kids

Austria Apr 11, 2014 at 5:33 AM

My flight will arrive at 6:00a.m. at vienna international airport.We are going to be 4 people-me, my husband and my 2 kids.From the airport we have to go straight to Innsbruck. I m really confused how to reach Innsbruck from the airport. Can somebody help me n guide me the best possible way of reaching Innsbruck from Vienna airport.Thankyou

more

Meidling train station

Vienna Apr 5, 2014 at 4:33 AM

After reading Globetrott's warning about the Südbahnhof, how is the Meidling station? Overcrowded? Clear signs? We have train tickets for Budapest, and plan to take a taxi from the hotel.

more

Where to stay in Vienna

Vienna Mar 22, 2014 at 6:29 AM

Which is the central area to stay for tourists

more

What are the smoking regulations in Beisl, cafees, shows ?

Vienna Mar 20, 2014 at 8:22 AM

We don't go to any public place where there's the smell of cigarette smoke. I don't like to enter a place, sniffle around and leave.
      Our hotel is near the Naschmarkt, so we'll have quite a choice of eating places. We're coming in April, so that's not a season to sit outside.

more
    • grossglockner

Heiligenblut Mar 30, 2014 at 1:07 PM

Are all these places u write about open in winter time? If not, which areas should some old persons visit in winter time, just to see the glacier views and feel they are in the Alps? Thanks, Petros

more

Showing ID with photo for discount tickets

Vienna Apr 12, 2014 at 7:23 AM

I bought several tickets online, opera and museums, and got discounts for age. I have to show a photo ID. Do you think it's ok to show a photocopy of our passports? I don't want to carry them with me.

more
    • Scuba diving early July

Grüner See Jan 27, 2014 at 2:57 PM

Will it still be deep enough to scuba dive in July? Possibly around the 12?

• beeena1's Profile Photo

is it snowing?

Schladming Nov 22, 2013 at 12:38 PM

Has it started to snow in schladming already or is it all only rain and sun.

4 Answers Nov 25, 2013 at 1:07 AM

schladming hotel booking

Schladming Nov 14, 2013 at 9:35 AM

Should I book hotel online or book once I reach.
      Any good hotel near to resort.should be cheap.
      Ski pases should be bought o site or online?
      We will be going to schladming in early december

2 Answers Nov 20, 2013 at 6:46 AM

where to stay

Schladming Nov 12, 2013 at 12:12 PM

Can you recommend a hotel for 2 nights stay.should be cheap as vr on a budget but also should be near the resort or bus service leading to resorts.
      If you cannot name any hotel jst tell be tge general area where it should be and I will search hotel in that area.
      Thanx

1 Answer Nov 12, 2013 at 1:43 PM

schladming ski pass

Schladming Nov 6, 2013 at 10:10 PM

do these passes only offer skiing or do they offer sledging skating etc too.
      also which one is best in schladming in early december.
      does the pass cover ski lifts too?

5 Answers Nov 12, 2013 at 1:57 PM

in december

Schladming Nov 1, 2013 at 12:29 PM

Im planning to come here on 7 8 and 9 december with my husband and three yr old son.
      Would there be enough snow for skiing snow skating .sledging etc

2 Answers Nov 2, 2013 at 9:13 AM
    • Stainz, Austria

Graz Sep 15, 2013 at 1:38 AM

What to take as clothing to Styria for a two week visit relatives?

2 Answers Sep 16, 2013 at 5:14 PM
    • transportation from Linz hbf to Katsdorf

Katsdorf Jul 11, 2013 at 4:35 AM

how to reach Katsdorf from Linz hbf by train or bus?

1 Answer Jul 11, 2013 at 5:43 AM
    • which valley is the best?

Tirol Jun 14, 2013 at 3:55 PM

Hi -

We're planning a week's summer break in Tirol area, and are looking for recommendations about the best place to focus on... The most important thing for us is being able to use cable cars to get us on top of the mountains... The more cable cars in the area - the better it will be for us ;) A weekly "Active Card" is even better!
      So far we have read about Zillertal valley and the Ötztal valley.
      We will be arriving by car from Munich.
      Any suggestions?

5 Answers Jun 15, 2013 at 1:15 AM
    • Question title

Grundlsee Mar 19, 2013 at 7:24 AM

We'll be staying in grundlsee for a week. We also rent a car. What places should we visit?

2 Answers Mar 19, 2013 at 10:56 AM
    • joefred28's Profile Photo

barenschutzklamm

Graz Jun 27, 2012 at 11:28 AM

Hello,
      Can anyone tell me how long it might take to hike through the Klamm and back, and how difficult is it?
      I am 72 and in reasonably good physical condition.
      I am planning on it in mid. July.
      Thanks,
      Joe.

1 Answer Jun 27, 2012 at 3:23 PM
    • Matsch tirol austria

Tirol Apr 25, 2012 at 11:36 AM

I have been looking for this location as it is the place of birth of my grandfather and we are visiting there
      May 21-26 2012.

Family name is Gunsch any help locating area, or cemetery

2 Answers Apr 26, 2012 at 1:14 AM
    • Train Graz - Nimes,France

Graz Nov 19, 2011 at 3:54 PM

Hello, can someone please give me an info..is there any train from Graz to Nimes (France)? or maybe to Marseille,Montpellier? any help would be great! tnx in advance :)

Kristina

10 Answers Nov 21, 2011 at 9:23 AM
    • Graz to Milano

Graz Aug 27, 2011 at 12:54 PM

Hi,
      We are going to travel from Graz to Milano at Saturday, maybe someone know are a lot of traffic jam in this road ?
      Thanks

1 Answer Aug 27, 2011 at 1:20 PM
    • daniwales's Profile Photo

Prices

Graz Jul 19, 2011 at 2:48 PM

Hi guys I am travelling to graz with a party of 100 dancers in October and it is my job as team captain to find as much about the costs in the City as I can, so we can fundraise for the visit.
      We use the british pound and need to know the average costs of food, resturaunts, take aways etc.... , cold drinks and alcholic drinks, toiletries, sweets, chocolate, potatoe chips.. the list is long I know but I have a lot of people to please

thank you

8 Answers Jul 21, 2011 at 9:27 AM
    • From B. Radkersburg to Budapest

Bad Radkersburg Jul 8, 2011 at 5:49 PM

Hi
      I'm from Brasil and will be staying n Bad Radkersburg for a few days, and would like to visit Budapest, because I see it's near. What do you recomend? By bus or train? Wich connections I have to make? Because I need the cheapest option (and wil go there only for a couple days)
      =)
      Thanks

5 Answers Jul 9, 2011 at 10:07 AM
    • Grundlsee,Austria.

Grundlsee Apr 25, 2011 at 5:49 AM

G,day all,
      After a month in Croatia,plan to have a week in Grundlsee.Planing to travel from Frankfurt to Salzburg by rail, then rental car to Grundlsee.(Mid September)
      QUESTION. Is hire car the ideal,or would it be better to use public transport,in this area.
      Cheers Silver43.

• Travel in April

Grundlsee Dec 5, 2010 at 5:09 PM

Are a lot of the restaurants and shops closed in April. I am looking at traveling there in April, but don't want to make the trip if I will not be able to see/do everything. Thanks for any advice you can provide.

2 Answers Dec 7, 2010 at 1:17 PM
    • Transportation

Schladming Oct 11, 2010 at 4:44 PM

How do I get to Schladming from the Salzberg airport, ie: train, bus?

1 Answer Oct 11, 2010 at 11:30 PM
    • free summer pass!!!!

Schladming Jul 25, 2010 at 5:10 AM

hello there
      i have read several postings now on schladming,and i keep hearing about the free summer pass you get for hiking buses etc.i contacted my hotel to ask about them and they said they dont support the scheme themselves as it costs the hotel money to obtain them.does anyone know where i can get them from,as it woill get pricey without one.
      thanks

12 Answers Jul 28, 2010 at 12:10 PM
    • halikowski's Profile Photo

accomodation

Graz Jul 23, 2010 at 1:33 AM

Am moving to Graz in mid-September. Just visited once for interview. Need to find an apartment near the university district. Does anyboday have any tips?
      Stefan

2 Answers Feb 27, 2011 at 10:30 AM
    • things to do in schladming

Schladming Jul 12, 2010 at 1:56 AM

will be spending a week in schladming at start of august.just looking for couple of tips/ helpful hints.
      theres 3 of us in our travel party and at the min we looking at catching a train from salzburg to schladming. costing bout 18 euros each.without hiring a car anyone know of any other ideas of getting there.
      anyone recommend any nice restaurants???
      is there leaflets which you can for walks??
      is there summer similiar to ours in uk,??/
      sorry if questions my seem obvious to some , but this is my first holiday of this type.but after reading some great reviews on here looking forward to it even more.
      thanks

7 Answers Jul 14, 2010 at 10:49 AM
    • dennisj8's Profile Photo

BUS VIENNA TO MARIAZELL??

Mariazell Jun 29, 2010 at 2:17 PM

Hi, is there a bus service from Vienna to Mariazell? I understand that there is train service that needs to change once to get to marizell. I wonder if there is a bus service so it could possibly cheaper and less hassle ?
      Thank you.
      Dennis/London

3 Answers Jun 30, 2010 at 6:05 AM
    • taxi services in Graz

Graz May 22, 2010 at 5:14 AM

Dear all.
      Maybe my question will seem silly but as a foreigner I am not quite sure on the issue.

could you kindly comment on taxi service abailable in Graz.
      I depart from Graz airport on 06.00 am. Since the time is very early I doubt if any taxi services operate at night.
      Whether is is possible to book taxi in advance a few days before? As I understand there is no public transport at night. So I can go to airport only by taxi.
      Please, comment what companies to address.

Thank you in advance.

• Drugness's Profile Photo

Hostels in Graz?

Graz May 18, 2010 at 3:19 PM

Hello all
      Can anyone recommend any hostels in the old town of Graz which are of decent quality and reputation?
      I've read up on the JUFA Gästehaus Graz and that seems ok but quite a distance from the old town by foot?
      I read about some other hostels on wikitravel but i couldn't find anything for them online, probably because they seemed too good to be true! :)
      Can anyone recommend a good place? Naturally, in this day and age, budget is key :)
      Thanks everyone!
      DG

• Trains from Graz

Graz Mar 9, 2009 at 11:51 AM

Hi

I'm planning to go to Graz

I like to know which nearby international destinations I can go to from Graz Train Station?(Timings and frequencies as well)

Is there a website or something that says the timetables?

Thanks!

3 Answers Mar 9, 2009 at 1:29 PM
    • Accommodation

Graz Feb 27, 2009 at 8:53 AM

Hi, I'm trying to organise a trip to Graz this summer. We're a family of 6 so I'm really looking for self catering, farm or B&B within a 20km radius of the city. Any recommendations or ideas as to where to look? Thanks

• Graz to Afritz am See

Graz Feb 26, 2009 at 1:52 PM

Hi

Could someone please tell me how long it takes in car from Graz to Afirtz am See

Many thanks

2 Answers Feb 26, 2009 at 2:30 PM
    • From Graz to Munich

Graz Nov 10, 2008 at 2:58 PM

I will be visiting Graz this month. I want to meet a friend in Munich at the end of my trip or perhaps in the middle. I'm not sure which is the best option, but in trying to figure these things I out I wanted to ask. My question is should I take a train from Graz to Munich and fly back to the US from Munich? And how long will the train ride be?

4 Answers Nov 13, 2008 at 4:35 AM
    • schmechi's Profile Photo

Hotel near Sparkassenplatz/Landhausgasse

Graz Sep 13, 2008 at 2:57 AM

I'll do a course in two weeks in Graz and that's why I`m searching a (cheap?) hotel near Sparkassenplatz/Landhausgasse...

Because I'll go by car the parking possibilities is important.

I would also be intrested in tips for nightlife.

2 Answers Sep 13, 2008 at 4:02 AM