Bundesland Salzburg

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• Cruise Boat on Mondseland

Sankt Gilgen Aug 8, 2015 at 8:20 AM

Hi am not sure if this is right spelling but I have read somewhere about a boat cruise on the Mondsee . Is that a Lake? Apparently its only 6.80 Euro for a 1 hour cruise. Can anybody enlighten me about this. I am going to Europe in September/October and most of the trip is a surprise but I have been told I am going to Salzburg and Vienna. Thank you very much.

more
    • Cruise Boat on Mondseland

Sankt Gilgen Aug 8, 2015 at 8:20 AM

Hi am not sure if this is right spelling but I have read somewhere about a boat cruise on the Mondsee . Is that a Lake? Apparently its only 6.80 Euro for a 1 hour cruise. Can anybody enlighten me about this. I am going to Europe in September/October and most of the trip is a surprise but I have been told I am going to Salzburg and Vienna. Thank you very much.

5 Answers Aug 8, 2015 at 12:53 PM
    • Maurizioago's Profile Photo

Public transportation.

Filzmoos Jul 20, 2015 at 5:17 AM

Is there a good bus system between Filzmoos and Salzburg?

1 Answer Jul 20, 2015 at 6:30 AM
    • Bayern Ticket

Salzburg Jul 16, 2015 at 10:53 PM

Is it correct that the Bayern ticket is valid for travel to Salzburg ??
      Can it be bought in Salzburg ??
      thanks
      Dewi

4 Answers Jul 17, 2015 at 12:31 PM
    • kin79's Profile Photo

Group of 12 visiting Salzburg

Salzburg Jul 6, 2015 at 7:46 AM

Hi All,

We are a group of 12 traveling to Salzburg in mid September. We have only 3 days in Salzburg. We plan to spend the 1st day exploring Salzburg. Day 2 :we plan to do the ice caves and the Hitlers nest. I wanted to know if there are any good tours which could combine both or any tour company that can customise a tour for us. Also wanted to know if we could just take cars and drive up and do both. Day 3 we plan to do the sound of music tour.

Any suggestions how to go about this or any more ideas are welcome.

Till Then

Happy Travelling

Regards
      Neha

3 Answers Jul 6, 2015 at 11:27 AM
    • Visiting with children

Salzburg Jun 26, 2015 at 3:13 PM

We will be in Salzburg for 2 1/2 days in Sept with three Children, ages 10, 9 & 3. Any suggestions or must see/do's appreciated. We had hoped to do a salt mine tour but understand that it's not something we can take youngest on.

6 Answers Jun 27, 2015 at 3:45 PM
    • Swimming in the lake

Zell am See Jun 24, 2015 at 2:30 AM

I am in Zell am See for the weekend 1st July - 3rd of July. While I am there, I would like to practice my swimming in the lake using my wet suit in preparation for the Ironman 70.3 at the end of August. Is there a particular area marked out for open water swimming and are there any restrictions that I need to be aware of, for example time when the lake can be used for this activity ? Also, Is there a charge to use the lake as there is in the UK ? Thank you.

5 Answers Jun 26, 2015 at 7:32 AM
    • Looking for a good local restaurant...and maybe a nice bar afterwards

Salzburg Jun 23, 2015 at 12:24 PM

Feels like I should open another thread for this topic.
      Can anyone recommend a restaurant where we (group of 8) can get more or less authentic austrian food (or: local food)? I'd prefer a place where local people choose to go, as well, if that's possible. Doesn't have to be fancy, at all...

Again I've heard to stay away from old town and rather look for a place on the other side of the Salzach. Seems like a lot of people think of Old Town as a tourist 'trap' and its wise to cross the river and search there....and if there are any nice bars in the same area which can accomodate 8 people, that would be great, too (but it's not a must).

Thanks a lot in advance and thanks for the help in my other thread, as well. :)

4 Answers Jul 25, 2015 at 8:23 AM
    • Which area to stay in Salzburg

Salzburg Jun 21, 2015 at 10:16 AM

I'll be in Salzburg for a bachelor party next weekend am wondering which area is best to stay in? Found a hotel right at the central train station and one on the other side of the river and the Moenchsberg. Can someone give me some advice on which location is better in terms of public transport, getting to know the city a bit, seeing the older parts of town, etc etc?
      Would be highly appreciated. :)

Best,
      Mark

13 Answers Jun 23, 2015 at 12:20 PM
    • Get around

Badgastein Jun 15, 2015 at 11:26 PM

When in bad gastein, what is the easiest way to get around in the city? If i want to do some activities, like hiking etc. how do i get there? Is it best to travel by bike or bus or something like that? I guess there are alot of activities in the alps outside of the city.

2 Answers Jun 17, 2015 at 11:33 PM
    • I need cheap bike

Salzburg May 25, 2015 at 12:18 PM

Hello, I am going to Salzburg for a month.
      Can someone tell me if it is possible to buy a second hand bike there on a low price?
      Thanks!

2 Answers May 26, 2015 at 12:52 AM
    • EVENING IN SALSBURG

Salzburg May 17, 2015 at 1:19 PM

I have only one evening in Salsburg. Where in Salsburg and how should I spend it. When do shops close in Salsburg. Is there some place which is a good eating place havimg good live English music.

1 Answer May 17, 2015 at 3:11 PM
    • jacquisuiza's Profile Photo

Walking along the Salzach

Salzburg May 16, 2015 at 2:26 PM

My son and his team will participate at a soccer tournoi at the Sportanlage Salzachsee. I do not want to stay there two full days and instead do some sightseeing in Salzburg. Is it possible/nice to walk along the Salzach to Salzburg Old town?

3 Answers May 16, 2015 at 9:13 PM
    • travel in salzburg

Salzburg May 11, 2015 at 1:02 AM

I am in Salzburg from a Monday to Saturday. Is it best to buy a week bus card or a Salzburg card?

1 Answer May 11, 2015 at 2:43 AM
    • StevenC29's Profile Photo

Does anyone know the buses from Salzburg to St Gilgen?

Salzburg Apr 14, 2015 at 12:19 AM

i am planning to go to Salzburg in a couple of weeks.
      I plan taking the bus down to St Gilgen and taking the boat till Wolfgangsee. Please do you know which bus to take and, more importantly which bus I get back, and where I catch it..

2 Answers Apr 14, 2015 at 8:33 AM
    • Zell AM See 12.04.15 - 18.04.15

Zell am See Apr 8, 2015 at 6:14 PM

I have booked to go to Zell this saturday but it looks like the season closes on the sunday :-( obviously heading there because of the glacier down the road.. is there no way of getting up the mountain in zell after the 12th? if I am going to ski the glacier all week, where is the best place to hire skis from as it looks like the shops in zell close.

Thanks
      Jonny Evans

2 Answers Apr 8, 2015 at 11:08 PM
    • Homanded's Profile Photo

Cesky Krumlov to Salzburg - June 15th

Salzburg Mar 17, 2015 at 5:42 AM

We are traveling to Salzburg from CK and have been trying to figure out pricing and schedules. From what I can find, it seems the private or semi private "Bean Shuttle" is our quickest and most economical option.     

beanshuttle.com/en/transfers...

Has anyone used their services? The pre-booked price is 30 Euros per seat or 800 CZK. Their times seem ideal for us as well. If anyone could offer advice or suggestions please? Thank you in advance, Homer (and Ed)

1 Answer Mar 17, 2015 at 11:52 PM
    • The Trapp Hotel

Salzburg Mar 12, 2015 at 3:25 PM

Hi there,

I know it is probably kitsch, but I was going to stay in the Trapp hotel in Salzburg when I visit in September, is it far from the city centre ? Don't mind walking or cycling into the centre.

Thanks,

Mark ;-)

1 Answer Mar 12, 2015 at 4:55 PM
    • Homanded's Profile Photo

RENTING A CAR

Salzburg Jan 19, 2015 at 7:13 PM

We are coming to Salzburg and will continue on to Slovenia, Croatia, Montenegro, back up through Bosnia & Herzegovina, Hungary and finishing up in Vienna.
      Does anyone know if there is a problem with driving a car in through any of these borders?
      We've heard a lot of conflicting reports due to higher theft dangers, etc.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
      Thanks in advance,

Homer (and Ed)

3 Answers Jan 23, 2015 at 6:12 AM
    • Help! Salzburg on christmas eve or boxing day?

Salzburg Dec 12, 2014 at 8:34 AM

We will be in Vienna from the evening of 22nd Dec, leaving on the 27th in the morning. We would like to go on a day trip to Salzburg and I'm wondering which day is the best to visit. I mean does anybody know if markets and shops and restaurants and sights will be open on christmas eve or the 26th?

Thanks

9 Answers Dec 25, 2014 at 3:12 AM
    • Goiserstrasse, Salzburg - Car hire and Sking

Salzburg Nov 28, 2014 at 5:18 AM

I'm travelling to Vienna/ Salzburg from 29 Dec -3 Jan with a group of friends, ending our trip in Salzburg. We are staying in the area of Goiserstrasse, Salzburg for a few days, would we need to hire a car for the time we are there? or is everything local - supermarket/ski resorts/bars?

We plan to go skiing which resorts would be best recommend for beginners?

1 Answer Dec 18, 2014 at 2:40 AM
    • lesliench's Profile Photo

Travel from Salzbury to Hallstatt

Salzburg Nov 14, 2014 at 9:32 AM

I am coming to travel salzbury to hallstatt at 26/12/14. Do I need to book the post bus via internet now? or Buy it at the bus station on that day?

Second question :
      Is it available for taking the ferry to hallstatt at December? The ferry service will still available on that day 26/12?

7 Answers Nov 26, 2014 at 12:24 AM
    • boasnovas's Profile Photo

Praha to Salzburg

Salzburg Sep 11, 2014 at 2:24 PM

Hello
      Which is the easiest way to go from Praha to Salzburg?
      Tks

4 Answers Sep 23, 2014 at 7:42 AM
    • where to stay

Salzburg Sep 5, 2014 at 12:03 PM

Wich area should we stay in for only 2 nights? We are using public transport and trains. We can't afford too expensive hotels.

4 Answers Sep 5, 2014 at 9:43 PM
    • Parking in Salzburg

Salzburg Aug 18, 2014 at 6:07 AM

Hi, I am from Moscow, Russia. I am planning a bicycle tour, which will start and finish in Salzburg. I'll drive to Salzburg from Moscow and will have to leave my car for a 7-9 days somewhere. Please, advise - where can I park my car safely and not very expensive for this time. Thanks in advance!

2 Answers Aug 20, 2014 at 5:03 AM
    • pritj's Profile Photo

Salzburg or Mondesee, Gmunden??

Salzburg Aug 13, 2014 at 7:32 PM

Hello!My trip starts next week already, and I m still confused.
      I m planning to stay 3 nights in St. Gilgen and visit:
      -Halltatt (saltmine)/Obertraun (5 fingers)
      -Schafberg
      -Bad Ischl

Then I was planning to stay 2 nights in Salzburg because it s on the way to Munich (flight back home). I was thinking of skipping Salzburg and spend these 2 nights in Mondsee or somewhere else in that area. Would you recommend it? Or Salzburg really worthwhile?

Thankss

4 Answers Aug 15, 2014 at 7:14 PM
    • Walking tour

Salzburg Aug 6, 2014 at 1:30 AM

Hi please guide me regarding walking tours .m in salzberg on september18th .planning for this tour.where does it start from ,wats the time n price per adult.we are also taking sound of music tour at 2.00 p.m the same day.so, we would prefer this walking tour at around 10.00 a.m.wat are the highlights of this tour n is it worth spending ???.do get bak at the earliest

1 Answer Aug 6, 2014 at 6:46 AM
    • Zell am See to Innsbruck

Zell am See Aug 3, 2014 at 5:22 AM

What is the easiest and cheapest way to visit Innsbruck for the day from Zell am See?

3 Answers Aug 4, 2014 at 12:47 AM
    • ReemM's Profile Photo

How to Get To Zell am See.

Zell am See Aug 1, 2014 at 8:00 PM

I want to know how to get to Zell am see from Vienna, Munich, or Venice.
      And what would be the cheapest way, and approximately how much would it cost?

Thank You.

2 Answers Aug 3, 2014 at 7:59 AM
    • Parking in Salzburg

Salzburg Jul 13, 2014 at 2:29 AM

Where is the best place to park in Salzburg - we are staying in town for 4 days.
      Thank you

4 Answers Jul 13, 2014 at 11:46 PM
    • Accomodation in Salzburg

Salzburg Jul 11, 2014 at 8:11 AM

Hi! I'm going to Salzburg last week of july, and I need somewhere cheap to sleep. I have found a camping which is 8 km far from Salzburg, near Koppl, it's cheap and I like it. But I have a problem, because I have no car (not driving license), and I will move in public transport. Can anyone please tell me if there is a bus line between Koppl and Salzburg?

4 Answers Jul 12, 2014 at 1:41 PM