Bundesland Salzburg

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• 6 nights to spend ibetween salzburg and innsbruck

Salzburg Yesterday

i will be in austria in mid may with 6 nights to spend between salzburg and innsbruck. i was planning 3 in each city but am now thinking i may need more time in salzburg. any suggestions ? we jsut want to do some sight seeing and some r & r. i think by the time we get to salzburg from vienna, we will have seen enough castles and palaces so don;t want to spend too much time touring them

more
    • SaumyaC's Profile Photo

Salzburg to Vienna travel info

Salzburg Yesterday

Hello,

I am traveling on 1st week of may to Salzburg. We are group of four people age between 28-30.

we are traveling from Hamburg to Salzburg our three days stay is at Salzburg. We want to travel one day to Vienna we will be using local transport.Will go and comeback on same day. Can some tell me the cheapest and fastest way to Vienna.and return on the same day I have heard train are the fastest but which tickets and card we all have to buy how much it will cost per person or in total for four of us .

Please help me with the suggestions.

Thanks

Somi.

more
    • tusharbhotica's Profile Photo

salt mines near salzburg

Salzburg Apr 12, 2014 at 9:37 PM

which saltmine should one visit near salzburg? we are a family of children in the late teens.

more
    • From Salzburg to Munich

Salzburg Mar 28, 2014 at 9:06 AM

I am looking for cheap train tickets to Munich for family of 4.
      I see lots of transport from munich....(Bayern tix)

What about to Munich to Salzburg. Railjet/DB says E35 per person
      Does Bayern tix work from Salzburg to Munich???

more

Salzburg to Vienna travel info

Salzburg Yesterday

Hello,

I am traveling on 1st week of may to Salzburg. We are group of four people age between 28-30.

we are traveling from Hamburg to Salzburg our three days stay is at Salzburg. We want to travel one day to Vienna we will be using local transport.Will go and comeback on same day. Can some tell me the cheapest and fastest way to Vienna.and return on the same day I have heard train are the fastest but which tickets and card we all have to buy how much it will cost per person or in total for four of us .

Please help me with the suggestions.

Thanks

Somi.

3 Answers Yesterday
    • 6 nights to spend ibetween salzburg and innsbruck

Salzburg Yesterday

i will be in austria in mid may with 6 nights to spend between salzburg and innsbruck. i was planning 3 in each city but am now thinking i may need more time in salzburg. any suggestions ? we jsut want to do some sight seeing and some r & r. i think by the time we get to salzburg from vienna, we will have seen enough castles and palaces so don;t want to spend too much time touring them

salt mines near salzburg

Salzburg Apr 12, 2014 at 9:37 PM

which saltmine should one visit near salzburg? we are a family of children in the late teens.

3 Answers Apr 14, 2014 at 12:43 AM
    • From Salzburg to Munich

Salzburg Mar 28, 2014 at 9:06 AM

I am looking for cheap train tickets to Munich for family of 4.
      I see lots of transport from munich....(Bayern tix)

What about to Munich to Salzburg. Railjet/DB says E35 per person
      Does Bayern tix work from Salzburg to Munich???

3 Answers Mar 31, 2014 at 12:48 AM
    • PhillyJohn's Profile Photo

Einfach-Raus tix

Salzburg Mar 21, 2014 at 7:55 PM

I just stumbled across this offer (it looks like the German Lander ticket). It seems expensive, but might suit us for some of our short, local trips out from Salzburg. I am assuming it is only for the state it is bought in, like Lander. It may not make economic sense, but I will compare it to buying individual tix for trains.

3 Answers Mar 24, 2014 at 1:16 AM

Where to stay

Salzburg Mar 21, 2014 at 7:20 AM

We are a 2 family group? Where to stay? Alistair or?

3 Answers Mar 24, 2014 at 1:04 AM

Salzburg in May

Salzburg Mar 12, 2014 at 3:53 AM

Hi

I am planning to visit Salzburg in May first weerk.

1 Is it right time to visit Salzburg.

2 I am planning 3 days visit, which are the near by places i can see.(I am a scenic beauty lover)

3 I s there any place near Salzburg from where i can have a beautiful view of Alps Mountan Range. or Cable Car.

4 I will be visiting Ice Caves, i have listen lot about lakes near Salzburg.suggest me lakes where i can relax and enjoy the nature beauty.

If any thing else which i should not really miss in Salzburg or near by let me know.

Thanks

Somi

5 Answers Mar 14, 2014 at 8:54 AM

Salzburg in May

Salzburg Mar 12, 2014 at 3:53 AM

Hi

I am planning to visit Salzburg in May first weerk.

1 Is it right time to visit Salzburg.

2 I am planning 3 days visit, which are the near by places i can see.(I am a scenic beauty lover)

3 I s there any place near Salzburg from where i can have a beautiful view of Alps Mountan Range. or Cable Car.

4 I will be visiting Ice Caves, i have listen lot about lakes near Salzburg.suggest me lakes where i can relax and enjoy the nature beauty.

If any thing else which i should not really miss in Salzburg or near by let me know.

Thanks

Somi

1 Answer Mar 12, 2014 at 7:02 AM
    • Golling WaterMill Question

Golling an der Salzach Mar 10, 2014 at 10:20 AM

We are planning a trip to Austria/Germany. Is there still a watermill at Grolling Wasserfalls? Where is it located?

1 Answer Mar 14, 2014 at 8:36 AM
    • Maurizioago's Profile Photo

Meteo question.

Salzburg Mar 2, 2014 at 12:34 PM

I' d like to spend some days in Salzburg at the beginning of april. Do you think it is a good idea? I am thinking about the weather. Should I look for another place to go instead? What do you say?

5 Answers Mar 5, 2014 at 12:50 PM

traveling on local Salzburg transit

Salzburg Feb 23, 2014 at 8:28 PM

We plan to spend 4 days in Salzburg & want to take a few trips to local places like Anif, Hellbrun, Wefen etc. There is a card available on SVV website that has different prices based on zones, but I have not been able to determine the "zones" that the places I want to see are in. How do I find that info? Thank you.

4 Answers Feb 25, 2014 at 7:36 AM

Day trips from Salzburg.

Salzburg Feb 23, 2014 at 11:21 AM

Could you suggst some, please?

6 Answers Feb 24, 2014 at 2:00 AM

Transportation from northern Italy.

Mittersill Feb 19, 2014 at 11:54 AM

How can I go from northern Italy (Trento) to Mittersill?

1 Answer Feb 19, 2014 at 12:23 PM

Day trip to Salzburg.

Mittersill Feb 19, 2014 at 10:27 AM

Is it easy to visit Salzburg as day trip from Mittersill by bus? How long would take the journey?

2 Answers Feb 19, 2014 at 11:51 AM

trains from Munich

Salzburg Feb 12, 2014 at 12:11 PM

We plan to stay in Munich one night & travel to Salzburg the next day. I have heard that a Bayern Landerpass would get us to Salzburg, but I saw the DB schedules & the only train that looks like we can use with the Lander pass is something called Meridian which does not go past Freilassing. Does anyone know if this is correct, and how would we get to Salzburg from Freilassing if it is? Thank you.

6 Answers Feb 14, 2014 at 8:56 PM
    • JenJen88's Profile Photo

S3 from Salzburg to Burg Hohenwerfen

Salzburg Feb 7, 2014 at 12:54 AM

Can someone tell me which stop should I get off to Burg Hohenwerfen? Werfen or Pfarrwerfen? As the website of Burg Hohenwerfen saying that should get off at Pfarrwerfen but from Google map it show Werfen is more closer. I'm so confused if I get off at Werfen is there a walking pathway heading to the castle?

Also, I plan to visit Hellbrun Palace in the morning and Burg Hohenwerfen in the afternoon, do u think it's feasible?

3 Answers Feb 11, 2014 at 3:12 AM
    • Hotel Seevilla Freiberg

Zell am See Feb 1, 2014 at 3:03 PM

we are planning on staying in the above hotel but are worried
      we need to hire skis and were just wondering do we leave our walking shoes when getting the ski boots or do you take the boots and have to walk to the slopes in them

can somebody help as we don't want to book if you have to walk 10mins in ski boots

thanks

1 Answer Feb 1, 2014 at 3:20 PM

What type of Travel Card suits my stay in Salzburg?

Salzburg Jan 29, 2014 at 4:57 PM

Day 1 Arrive Salzburg by plane, then visit Salt Mine in Hellein by taking bus 170 + bus 41

Day 2 Will join day tour (no need to take public transport)

Day 3 Jennerbahn / Konigssee / Ramsau Village / Berchtesgaden (by bus)

Day 4 St. Gilgen / St. Wolfgang (by bus and ferry)

Day 5 Salzburg to Hallstatt (by bus and train)

In these 5 days in Salzburg, what type of travel card suits my stay?

Is there a type of card called "Tageskarte" then can get it from the driver when boarding on bus and it can be used for all buses (both regional and innercity) within the day of purchase?

Strobl info.

Strobl Jan 23, 2014 at 2:13 AM

Would it be ok to choose Strobl as a base to explore Salzburg? What other day trips could I do from this village?

Thanks for your replies.

• KlodV's Profile Photo

where this picture is taken ?

Salzburg Jan 14, 2014 at 3:20 AM

Hello, i would like to know where this picture is taken ? This is a little photographie shop on Salzburg where you can wear costumes and be photographed. I would like to get the contact info, name of the shop, the telephone and email address.
      cdn1.vtourist.com/4/627755-t...

6 Answers Mar 12, 2014 at 4:11 AM

4 Days Itinerary in Salzburg

Salzburg Jan 6, 2014 at 1:01 AM

Day 1 arrive Salzburg round 10:00am on 30 April (therefore not able to visit Eagle Nest as it only opens in Mid-May)

Day 2 Join day tour to Burg Hoherwerfen

Day 3 Jennerbahn / Konigssee / Ramsau Village and Berchtesgaden City Centre

Day 4 St. Gilgen / St. Wolfgang

Originally Day 1 planned to visit salt mine in Berchtesgaden however it seems a bit silly if I just travel to the salt mine (Salzbergwerk) as I plan to go to Berchtesgaden in Day 3. Should I go to the Salt Mine in Hallein instead for Day 1 and time is feasible after I check-in in my hotel? Are these two Salt Mines only on different location and not make much different to visit either one? or else any suggestions for Day 1?

(I've been visiting Salzburg last Easter hence won't spend too much time in town)

Please help!

4 Answers Jan 6, 2014 at 4:56 PM
    • Online rail tickets bought from OBB

Zell am See Jan 5, 2014 at 9:56 AM

If you miss the train for which the ticket has been bought (due to flight delays etc) are you able to use it on the next available train??

M Hylton

3 Answers Jan 6, 2014 at 3:55 AM
    • Looking for 2 people to share an apartment in Bad Gastein

Badgastein Dec 19, 2013 at 9:43 AM

I booked a 2-bedroom apartment in hotel Stubnerhof, Bad Gastein, for the period December 24-29 2013, but one room is now free because our friends changed plans. If you're looking for a place to stay in this period, we can share.

The price for the whole apartment is €705 + €55 for cleaning.

Cheers,
      Cosmin

1 Answer Dec 19, 2013 at 11:15 PM
    • The bead shop

Salzburg Nov 10, 2013 at 3:02 AM

I visited a lovely bead shop just near the Internet cafe!!! Can anyone tell me it's name and contact details. I wanted to send then a photo of the jewellery I made with their beads on return to Australia 

1 Answer Nov 10, 2013 at 3:13 AM
    • Mozart Chocolates and other Austrian specialties

Salzburg Nov 10, 2013 at 2:01 AM

Can any one tell me (in New Zealand) where from I can order-on-line / pay on line, and have them sent to Florida, USA for my mother - inexpensively?
      Thanks, Neli

10 Answers Nov 11, 2013 at 6:27 AM
    • JennyLin88's Profile Photo

Burg Hohenwerfen + Eisriesewelt (Ice Cave)

Salzburg Oct 17, 2013 at 11:32 PM

Is it possible to visit both Burg Hohenwerfen + Eisriesewelt (Ice Cave) in one day by public transport? Are these places worth to go?

10 Answers Oct 20, 2013 at 6:19 PM
    • trip to zell am see with the girls

Zell am See Sep 27, 2013 at 5:00 AM

`myself and 5 more girls are planning to travell to zell am see in january for 1 week. we are looking into renting out an apartment for the week. Some of the apartments, however, are a bit out of town.... maybe 20 minute walk. what is the public transport system like? how easy is it to get around? would we be better off finding a place in the town?

1 Answer Sep 27, 2013 at 10:21 AM
    • Christmas market

Salzburg Sep 24, 2013 at 4:26 PM

We are planning a trip to Salzburg in December arriving for Christmas market. Are the shops and markets opened on Sunday 23-Dec..
      Thanks

2 Answers Sep 25, 2013 at 1:37 AM
    • NofaishaM's Profile Photo

hello friends

Kaprun Sep 11, 2013 at 6:51 AM

Is there any one knows if Aptamil baby milk is available in Billa supermarket or any supermarket in kaprun and salzburg ?? Please please please i neet answer .....

2 Answers Sep 11, 2013 at 7:46 AM
    • Krimml in winter?

Krimml Sep 9, 2013 at 7:14 AM

I'm planning a visit in early december with kids. Is it worth the while to go during winter?

4 Answers Sep 9, 2013 at 3:01 PM