Bundesland Niederösterreich

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• travel between Durnstein and Krems

Dürnstein Mar 17, 2014 at 6:50 AM

We would like to stop off at Durnstein on our day trip through the Wachau valley. We intend to buy a combi ticket from Vienna and get off the boat at Durnstein instead Krems. We should arrive in Durnstein at about 15.10.

1) how long is the walk into town from where we will dock and what would be the best use of our time there as we will only have about an hour or so.
      2) from Durnstein we will have to get to Krems for our journey back to Vienna, should we take a bus or is there a train to take us to Krems, we plan to catch the 18.02 train back to Vienna and would like a little time also in Krems if possible.

many thanks
      Christine Cheeseman (England)

more
    • travel between Durnstein and Krems

Dürnstein Mar 17, 2014 at 6:50 AM

We would like to stop off at Durnstein on our day trip through the Wachau valley. We intend to buy a combi ticket from Vienna and get off the boat at Durnstein instead Krems. We should arrive in Durnstein at about 15.10.

1) how long is the walk into town from where we will dock and what would be the best use of our time there as we will only have about an hour or so.
      2) from Durnstein we will have to get to Krems for our journey back to Vienna, should we take a bus or is there a train to take us to Krems, we plan to catch the 18.02 train back to Vienna and would like a little time also in Krems if possible.

many thanks
      Christine Cheeseman (England)

2 Answers Mar 20, 2014 at 12:41 AM
    • private tours

Dürnstein Jan 22, 2014 at 4:48 PM

I am a single female coming to europe for the first time this march on a riverboat cruise. I will be in durnstein on march 6 and was wondering if there is any way to book a private tour with a local?. thank you, Pat

2 Answers Jan 22, 2014 at 8:03 PM
    • PhillyJohn's Profile Photo

transportation to Klosterneuburg

Klosterneuburg Jan 20, 2014 at 8:01 PM

Is Klosterneuburg within the limits of the Vienna transit system day pass or is a separate ticket needed?

• From Vienna airport to Durnstein

Dürnstein Jan 15, 2014 at 10:39 PM

I will arrive Vienna airport at 5:10pm and rent a apartment in Durnstein. Would like to know
      wWhat is the fast way from vienna to Durnstein and what is the cost?

1 Answer Jan 16, 2014 at 4:09 AM
    • Visitng Aggstein and Danube Valley

Aggstein Dec 1, 2013 at 3:04 PM

Hello, I am interested in taking a tour from Krems to Melk on any day between Dec. 25-27. Are there any boat tours available at this time? I looked all over online and it seems most do not operate that late in December.

3 Answers Dec 2, 2013 at 2:42 AM
    • Niagaragirl's Profile Photo

Vienna to Melk and back to Vienna

Melk Sep 20, 2013 at 6:35 AM

Hi, my husband and I have 4 days in Vienna visit there the second week in October and want to do a day trip to Melk. We are thinking of taking the train from Vienna to Melk; and return to Vienna by boat on the Danube. aren't interested in bike riding, and want to make the best of our time and energy.

If we do it this way, should be purchase tickets in advance, or buy train and boat tickets when we get there? Also, is this trip worth the day? We appreciate input from experienced travelers in this area.

Thank you.

8 Answers Sep 20, 2013 at 6:53 PM
    • is the town flat

Horn Jun 29, 2013 at 6:38 AM

is it possible to use bicycle for seeing THE HISTORIC CENTRE

3 Answers Jul 4, 2013 at 9:04 AM
    • jamisonpi's Profile Photo

Want to stay with a family in a guesthouse

Baden Feb 21, 2013 at 6:34 PM

My son and I will be traveling to Austria to train in table tennis in Schwechat. We do not want to stay in Schwechat but are drawn to Baden Bei Wien. I would like to stay in an apartment or live with a family near the center of town. We would like to be able to take a train everyday to Schwechat and Vienna on our free days. Can anyone offer me any suggestions or know someone that we can stay with?

Thanks

14 Answers Feb 28, 2013 at 11:44 AM
    • would really appreciate for any suggestion about a day-trip to Dürnstein!

Dürnstein Aug 15, 2012 at 12:48 PM

Hi,

Learning Dürnstein being a beautiful town, I'm planning a day-trip there from Vienna and wondering if anyone wouldn't mind sharing your precious experiences and insight to help me make some wonderful memories about this trip!

(1) Is it feasible to make a day-trip from Vienna to Dürnstein or would it be too much a rush?

(2) Does anyone know if it's possible to take the train there then cruise back OR the other way around?

(3) I read about the railroad route from Vienna to Krems but there are multiple stops for Krems, which one(s) should I take?

(4) If anyone would like to recommend me other route(s) to explore the Wachau valley, I'd be just as grateful as well!

Many many thanks to all! ^_^

4 Answers Aug 20, 2012 at 11:30 PM
    • can I buy there Camera and mp3player ..... Visa

Kleinhaugsdorf Jan 12, 2012 at 12:29 PM

can I buy there camera and Mp3player with a reliable and standard quality and cheaper price?

Does it need a Schengen visa or just Austrian visa is enough ?

3 Answers Jan 13, 2012 at 1:57 PM
    • Visiting Mary Vetsera tomb (Heiligenkreuz village cemetery)

Wienerwald Aug 27, 2011 at 1:27 PM

Dear Sir/Madam,
      I should like very much to visit Mary Vetsera's tomb. I am flying from Oporto (Portugal) to Österreich on purpose to see it. This will be in the middle of October. However, I'm afraid to get to the cemetery and find it closed. Therefore, I should like to know if the cemetery closes at any day of the week and which are the visiting hours.
      Thank you very much in advance. Greatest regards from
      Gerito

3 Answers Aug 27, 2011 at 3:12 PM
    • trasportation

Perchtoldsdorf Jun 29, 2011 at 5:44 AM

How to go there from vienna to perchtoldsdorf by train?

3 Answers Jul 2, 2011 at 5:35 AM
    • Luggage Storage

Melk Apr 9, 2011 at 8:32 PM

I want to travel Melk by train from Vienna and then leave for Salzburg, could you tell me is there any luggage storage in the Melk train station?

3 Answers Apr 10, 2011 at 8:33 AM
    • Combined 50 EUR ticket

Melk Apr 9, 2011 at 5:53 AM

Hi guys,

i plan taking my mother and partner to melk (from vienna) for a one-day holiday and have looked at your comments for options.

do u think the 50 Eur ticket is worth it, since we'd like to both see the abbey and do the boat trip? I haven't found any details of the ticket yet.

What is your opinion? DO u know of any restrictions if the ticket is used, such as timing? Should we just pay as we go or would it turn out more expensive?

Thanks so much!!

• greacia's Profile Photo

changes in ruinAggstein

Aggstein Feb 16, 2011 at 8:53 PM

Hello, I was at ruin Aggstein in 1987 an saw evidence of a fire and an old stove. When I went back in 2006, they were gone. Does anyone know when the changes to the lower parts of Aggstein happened. My grandmother hid her dolls in the stove, and my greatgrandmother died in the fire. Judy (greacia@aol.com)

• VERY CONFUSED

Semmering Nov 1, 2010 at 8:34 AM

We are tourists from Malta and we are going to be in Vienna this December. =We would like to come to Zauberberg in Semmering however we don't know how =to get there. Which train station do we need to go? How long does it take f=rom Vienna train station to Zauberberf Semmering train Station? What is the=price of the train both ways for 8 adults pls? What is the price of the Za=uberberg for 8 adults from around 11am till 7pm? Is the park far from semme=ring train station? What can we use in the park. We don't want to ski with =the lessons we just want to have fun on the snow like sledges and amusing toys that we can use.. It would be of great help if you answer my questions =ASAP.

5 Answers Feb 4, 2011 at 4:41 AM
    • vienna to baden

Baden Jun 13, 2010 at 4:26 PM

Wanting to know how to travel from Vienna to Sommerarena Baden we would like to see the Operetta Pariser Leben

2 Answers Jun 14, 2010 at 1:13 AM
    • Transportation to the Melk Abby

Melk May 23, 2010 at 3:51 PM

Is there a way to get up the hill to the abby besides walking? We are arriving by river boat. We thought we could save a little money by doing the optional trip on our own.

2 Answers May 24, 2010 at 12:40 AM
    • Train travel

Melk May 15, 2010 at 9:35 PM

any idea on the cost of a train from vienna to Melk. travelling September 2010.

3 Answers May 15, 2010 at 11:42 PM
    • rivilian's Profile Photo

Melk to Vienna via the Danube

Melk May 15, 2010 at 7:59 AM

Twenty-five years ago, when I lived in Vienna, I would take visitors to Melk on the train from the Westbahnhof, tour the Melk Abbey, then return to Vienna on a boat that arrived back in Vienna around 7:30 PM (at Schwedenplatz? memory fails me!).

I am about to return to Vienna after 25 years, and looking at the boat schedules, I do not see any of them traveling from Melk to Vienna. Instead all their routes terminate in Krems, and from there one must take a train back to Vienna.

Does anyone know of a ship line that carries passengers from Melk all the way back to Vienna?

• Melk

Melk May 2, 2010 at 8:22 PM

Looking for a b & b in Melk or Krems close to the river, quiet and preferably under 100 Euros per night.

I would also appreciate a recommendation in Krems and your opinion as to which is a better place to use as a base to explore the area by car. For example we have stayed in Halstatt before and it is a bit too small for us as we prefer Bad Ischl over Hallstatt as a place to use as a base.

I would also appreciate any recommendations of town in the area to see.

Thanks
      Orrin

2 Answers May 29, 2010 at 7:17 PM
    • ileanardz's Profile Photo

Getting Melk from Vienna

Melk Jan 24, 2010 at 4:03 PM

Hi VT's!

One more time asking for your help,
      I am goint to Melk netx month. As my flight arrive in Vienna, I have been adviced to take the CAT then get Westbahouf from Wienn Mitte (u-bahn U3)and there take the train to Melk.

My question is: Should I book now the train? Or how risk can be wait and buy there?

If you think I should but it now, could someone explain HOW by the OEBB site.

Thanks in advance!

I have read that the stations are in demolition, it would be great if somene explain me how this may affect my trip.

Thank you very much.

Ile

4 Answers Mar 24, 2010 at 6:39 AM
    • melk on sundays

Melk Aug 31, 2008 at 2:45 PM

Hello, is Melk "open" on Sundays? that would be the only day availiable on my schedule.

1 Answer Aug 31, 2008 at 2:57 PM
    • Where is the location of the KZ Melk

Melk Jul 5, 2008 at 7:22 AM

Hi there!

I've searched everywhere on this site for even a mention of the Konzentrationlager Melk and nothing appears. I'd like to visit the site of my grandfather's death and my father's KZ camp. Can anyone provide with information on how to get to the location of the former KZ Melk.
      Thanks

4 Answers Jul 9, 2009 at 5:42 AM
    • danube canoeing

Melk Apr 13, 2008 at 4:14 AM

Hi, Is it possible to rent a canoe in Melk and have a trip down the river? We will be there on the 1st of May. There are some info about criuses from Melk, but we would like to go for the Danube more on ourself. If anybody can give some help, many thanks!

1 Answer Apr 13, 2008 at 6:10 PM
    • Waldschenke restaurant

Wienerwald Apr 5, 2008 at 9:05 AM

Does this restaurant still exist? I ate chicken there in the 70s. If so, where exactly is it?

2 Answers Apr 6, 2008 at 1:02 AM
    • FGross's Profile Photo

Where to stay for skiing?

Semmering Jan 18, 2008 at 10:26 AM

Hi Everyone, my name is Francisco and I´m from Brazil.
      I´m traveling to around Europe next February and would like ski in semmering as I´m going to stay some days in Vien. I would like to have some tips about where to stay near ski areas and also a good place to rent skis.
      Thanks a lot!
      Francisco
      PS. If anyome wants some tips about Brazil, e-mail me.

1 Answer Jun 9, 2008 at 6:33 AM
    • Baden bei Wien

Baden Jan 1, 2008 at 6:01 PM

My family and I were Hungarian refugees in Austria in 1956-1957. About the first 3 months we lived in a beautiful small hotel a villa that served as a sanitarium part of the year in Baden bei Wien. I was only 10 years old at the time. However, I still remember the beautiful setting. To get there our auto had to drive a serpentine road. We were treated royally during our entire stay. I remember the wrought iron fence by the entrence. I am trying to plan a return visit possibly this summer. Would anyone have the name of the place with possible photographs?
      Much thanks in advance
      PhilB2003

1 Answer Jan 2, 2008 at 2:22 AM
    • Semmering ski trip

Semmering Jul 27, 2007 at 4:07 AM

Hi,
      I'm from Australia, and I will be travelling to Vienna solo for one week in early Dec (2-8 Dec). I am considering whether to go ski in Semmering since it is one of the few ski resorts close to Vienna. I would like to know when the ski season starts there in Semmering, and whether it will be too crowded in early December? Also, are there many hostels or alternative sorts of accomodation (cheaper accomodation) apart from Grandhotel Panhans, if so how far are they from the ski mountain? Does anyone know where (a website) I can check up for prices of ski hire and ski passes there?
      Since I am travelling solo, I'd like to know as much information as possible for peace of mind.

Appreciate your response.
      Wendy G

4 Answers Aug 29, 2007 at 6:50 AM
    • snow in semmering?

Bundesland Niederösterreich Feb 5, 2007 at 9:25 AM

hey everyone,
      i am going to be in Wiener Neustadt from late August till December with a college exchange program from Dublin Ireland.
      i am a keen snow boarder/ skier,
      and was wondering when is the earliest this area of Austria gets snow? also area the closest ski mountains in semmering, stuhleck and hirschenkogel?
      which of these would be the best area?
      any information on these areas including wiener neustadt would be great as i know very little and am finding it hard to gather info.
      thanks very much and i hope to hear soom replies

cheers
      Sam

2 Answers Feb 7, 2007 at 5:28 AM