Bundesland Burgenland Travel Answers

change location

Eisenstadt day trips

by TheGeneral Online Now Jun 21, 2005 at 5:39 PM

I will be staying in Eisenstadt for a few days and am wondering about day trips from there. I want to depart from and return to Eisenstadt so I don't really want to go to Vienna each time. Vienna is obvious, but what about Graz? Is it easy and economical to get to? Anywhere else in southern Austria or perhaps western Hungary you would recommend? Is the bus and train system in Eisenstadt good for day trips? Any advice would be greatily appreciated. Thanks.

Quote & Answer
2 Answers
  • globetrott's Profile Photo

RE: Eisenstadt day trips

by globetrott Online Now Jun 21, 2005 at 11:56 PM

Hi !
    You may check
    www.oebb.at
    trains or buses to Vienna take about 1 hour, to Graz it is more than 3 hours one way.
    other places for excursions might be :
    Semmering, Rax, Carnunthum (Roman remains)
    Rust and the Neusiedlersee

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • MEdelmann's Profile Photo

RE: Eisenstadt day trips

by MEdelmann Online Now Jun 24, 2005 at 1:52 PM

Hi !

For information about the public transfers check the website which globetrott already told. I don't know if the bus and train system in Eisenstadt is so good for day trips because Eisenstadt is located off the Austrian main railway lines ...

More places of interest is the Forchtenstein castle (south of Eisenstadt), Raiding (birthplace of Franz Liszt), Sopron, Fertöd (the Esterhazy castle is called the hungarian Versailles), Györ, Köszeg and Pannonhalma in Hungary, Rohrau (birthplace of Haydn), Mörbisch and St. Margarethen, Rust and the whole Neusiedlersee area. There is a lot to do here.

Have fun and good luck
    Manfred

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Popular Bundesland Burgenland Travel Answer Locations