Bunbury Travel Answers

change location

swimming with dolphins

by sheltie Online Now Oct 5, 2007 at 1:05 PM

I'm visiting Perth next month and want to swim with dolphins. There appears to be two places that do this - Bunbury and Rockingham. Rockingham is a day tour from Perth, while Bunbury would require at least one overnight stay.

Has anyone swum with dolphins at these locations? Which is best?

Quote & Answer
3 Answers
  • Green_Frog's Profile Photo

Re: swimming with dolphins

by Green_Frog Online Now Oct 6, 2007 at 3:30 PM

Hi

I haven't swum with the dolphins in WA but when last in Perth I did notice signs for swimming with dolphins in Mandurah - which is a very beautiful town. It is only 1.25 hours drive from Perth City - Rockingham is less than 1 hours drive whereas Bunbury is close to 2 hours from Perth City.

The more south you go the cooler it will be which can be unpleasant pending you will visit Perth.

The train line in the south is still under construction so to do it on the cheap may not be that easy - the coach/bus is an option else an organised tour.

Check out - http://www.dolphins.com.au/ and do a google on the suburbs above for more detailed info.

Hope this helps
    green_frog

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • naomimason's Profile Photo

by naomimason Online Now Oct 8, 2007 at 8:47 PM

Many places do charters but I do not know of any that actually let you swim with the dolphins.
    There are heaps of whales around now and getting on a boat to see them is well worth it.

• Purpleshade's Profile Photo

by Purpleshade Online Now Oct 18, 2007 at 4:03 AM

If you put,'swimming with dolphins, Rockingham, Mandurah, Bunbury' into google, lots comes up. I believe there is more than one company offering trips.
    It's not cheap!! Will be a couple of hundred dollars. I've not done it myself, but people I've known who have say it's amazing.
    You'll find the sea will be plenty warm enough by November, unless of course you come from the tropics and expect the sea to be warm.

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines