Bunbury Travel Answers

change location

What areas?

by Emma-Jo Online Now Oct 24, 2006 at 5:28 AM

I was just wondering if the beach at 'the cut' allows dogs to go on/swim in the water or is it against the law?

Quote & Answer
3 Answers
  • 1+1's Profile Photo

RE: What areas?

by 1+1 Online Now Oct 24, 2006 at 9:06 PM

I don't know about Bunbury, but generally in Australia dogs aren't encouraged on beaches as they attract sharks and crocs. Where it's actually illegal I can't say.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • Greatfun45au's Profile Photo

by Greatfun45au Online Now Oct 25, 2006 at 5:44 PM

Well I can add on that most seaside towns have seperate beach area's for dogs to swim, so look out for the signs as they always so yes or no to dogs. The only "CUT" I know down that way is fairly remote beach and you wont have any problems with your dog

• buffybird's Profile Photo

by buffybird Online Now Oct 27, 2006 at 9:55 AM

Hi there,
    Well as a resident of bunbury and a visitor to the cut its like this. The cut is the section between the inlet and the ocean, it is highly visited by fisherman, young and old ( with a small concrete platform- come jetty and lots of rocks). There is a beach off to the left that yes people do take their dogs for walks along. If your dog is well trained in obedience, and you time it right then hassle free walks are not a prob. The cut is also popular with the dolphins which the bunbury dolphin centre is well known worldwide in research and development in harmony. So if your dog is a swimmer ie likes to paddle out far then obedience is a must, as the dolphins come in regularly. Lots of locals take their dogs there, i can't remember signs as such to say no, but as with most beaches in bunbury leashes are required. I guess it depends on the amount of people wanting to use the beach etc. If you pick a quiet time then I highly doubt it the rangers would be about in that section, and your dog could roam free. Again look for the signs and know your dog, if he/she still won't come back on command (like ours) then play it safe use a leash.

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines