Travel Answers

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• Things to do

Sunny Beach Nov 3, 2015 at 7:34 AM

Me and my friend and 4 children bewtween us are going to bulgaria in july next year. Wanted to know how far and how much places are from sunny beach. We are staying at the kuban aqua park. Wanted good places to go shopping (not food) and nice days out, nearest beaches.

Thank you :-)

• Things to do

Sunny Beach Nov 3, 2015 at 7:34 AM

Me and my friend and 4 children bewtween us are going to bulgaria in july next year. Wanted to know how far and how much places are from sunny beach. We are staying at the kuban aqua park. Wanted good places to go shopping (not food) and nice days out, nearest beaches.

Thank you :-)

3 Answers Nov 10, 2015 at 12:43 PM
    • border crossing from Sofia to Thessaloniki greece

Sofia Oct 9, 2015 at 9:02 AM

hi there
      can anybody tell me how long will at checkpoints if
      i travel from sofia to thessaloniki do we have to get out of the buses?
      many thanks

1 Answer Oct 9, 2015 at 10:13 AM
    • help in the city

Sofia Oct 6, 2015 at 4:46 AM

hi I'm coming to Sofia on 9th of October for business and will stay there 4 days. Is there any one who can help me in the city ? ı need some tips about day and night life

4 Answers Oct 6, 2015 at 8:09 AM
    • Small change for tips

Sofia Sep 16, 2015 at 5:10 AM

This is a last minute query (I leave tonight) but its just occurred to me that once again I shall be arriving in a country with no small change suitable for tipping hotel porters or other helpers on the journey. I shall have pound coins sterling, and a few euros ......... what should I offer the porter who carries my case to my room for instance?
      If I get the chance I can always buy a bottle of water before I leave the airport - but its not always possible in the hustle and bustle of baggage collection and customs - not forgetting the search for the transfer bus!

4 Answers Sep 16, 2015 at 10:55 AM
    • Burgas in october

Burgas Sep 15, 2015 at 6:28 AM

hi we are coming to Burgas in October (9th) for a weekend away.

we are looking at staying in the centre of Burgas where the best night life. rather than go to sunny beach (we assume is dead in October) we were thinking of staying in Burgas itself.

Is this a good idea?

should we stay near the coast or more central?

2 Answers Sep 17, 2015 at 3:17 AM
    • Mosquitoes

Bulgaria Sep 15, 2015 at 5:44 AM

Are there mosquitos in and around Sofia. I am going in September, staying at a hotel - not camping - and have just seen a post saying there were hordes of theem this year. Do I need plug-ins and deet? (I'm one of those people they seem to target).

4 Answers Sep 15, 2015 at 8:42 AM
    • Sunny Beach or Golden Sands

Bulgaria Sep 1, 2015 at 4:36 AM

We want to go to Bulgaria next August and didn't know whether to go to Sunny Beach or Golden Sands, we have a 19 year old and a 14 year old. We wanted somewhere that we could go out to bars in the evening but that had some sort of entertainment (karaoke or bands). Also we wanted to go self catering so that we had a room with a kitchenette preferably a 2 bedroom apartment.
      Would be grateful for any advice.

4 Answers Sep 2, 2015 at 4:51 AM
    • Public transport in Sofia

Sofia Aug 26, 2015 at 3:12 AM

I have booked myself into a hotel which is well out of town (stupid of me I know, I should have checked the map) and have also pre-booked a tour of Plovdiv. This tour will drop me at the Alexander Nevsky cathedral which I understand is a 45 minute walk from my hotel. Will there be taxis available (there are no busses) or should I make other arrangements? I'm quite concerned about this as I'm a lone, elderly female and although I'm trying to learn the language haven't got much further than 'yes, no, please and thankyou'.

5 Answers Sep 15, 2015 at 2:27 PM
    • Where to Find a Dentist

Bulgaria Aug 18, 2015 at 7:47 AM

Would like to know, preferably from Bulgarian residents, whether I should choose to do dental work in Sofia or should I opt for a smaller city like Plovdiv (cheaper)?
      I'm assuming Bulgaria has good, affordable dentistry. Any recommendations?

1 Answer Aug 18, 2015 at 10:08 AM
    • Still busy in september ?

Sunny Beach Aug 13, 2015 at 1:04 AM

Hi . I thought to go to Sunny beach in mid september , is it still busy there at that time? For young people how wants to go out to parties and have fun ?
      Still good for parties holiday ?

1 Answer Sep 8, 2015 at 12:41 PM
    • akis3k's Profile Photo

URGENT!! 15 days in Bulgaria - Please advise

Bulgaria Aug 1, 2015 at 8:18 AM

Where to go/stay economically? From whom to rent a car? What to do/see? What to buy? What to eat?

We are arriving at Sofia Airport in the last week of August 2015 with our TWO CHILDREN, 4 YEARS OLD, and would like to rent a car to go around Buglaria, stay at a few (4 or 5) different places for a few days each time in economical hotel apartment accommodation, going out day trips around the area, before moving on to the next place of stay and would be grateful of advice as to:

and "Where to go/stay economically, from whom to rent a car, where to go, what to buy, what to eat?"

Before we return to the airport to fly back home.

PLEASE LET US KNOW AS SOON AS POSSIBLE as we need to make booking very soon now - we only bought the flight tickets so far.

Thanks a lot!

PS - Would it be good/advisable to cross into Romania too - what to see?

• Is October a good month to visit Bulgaria?

Bulgaria Jul 30, 2015 at 5:38 AM

I'd like to land in Bucharest on Oct 1 and then travel to Bulgaria and see the country for October.
      What's it like at that time?
      Any advice on routes and travels throughout the country?

4 Answers Aug 3, 2015 at 5:14 AM
    • chris111swed's Profile Photo

Price Level Sozopol Bulgaria

Sozopol Jul 27, 2015 at 2:09 PM

How is the price level of restaurants in Sozopol, Bulgaria. What does a dinner for two, how much one beer costs.

3 Answers Jul 28, 2015 at 6:52 AM
    • FridgeMagnet's Profile Photo

Burgas to Sofia

Burgas Jul 24, 2015 at 5:20 AM

I am arriving in Burgas on a Saturday and I want to travel to Sofia the next day. I tried the rail website but they didn't seem to have a train I could book at a time that suits me. Also thought of flying which is actually very cheap but I don't really want to go straight back to an airport. Does anyone know if I could just go down to the bus station and get straight on a bus without having booked in advance?

2 Answers Jul 24, 2015 at 5:59 AM
    • AgiM6's Profile Photo

best beach for kids old Pomorie

Pomorie Jul 19, 2015 at 4:09 AM

Thank you so much.
      Any public gym in the old city.
      Again, thanks!

• Open Soccer Fields in Varna City?

Varna Jul 14, 2015 at 6:17 AM

I am not sure if this same question I wrote was posted or not, so trying again: are there any open spaces for teens to play some soccer / do fitness such as running, etc.? We are visiting relatives who live near the northwest entrance to the seaside park. However, in the park itself, we only see bikers and joggers, but no spaces for free play with balls / nets. I am looking for a a local school or university perhaps, or a track for running around. Any ideas for sporty teens, aside from beach? A basketball court?

4 Answers Jul 15, 2015 at 10:36 AM
    • prices in sunnybeach

Sunny Beach Jul 10, 2015 at 7:51 AM

Hello, I and my few friends go i in sunny beach for 20 days. Can somebody tell me what are the price of drinks in clubs and supermarkets. I come from Serbia, which means that we can not bring a lot of money :D

4 Answers Jul 11, 2015 at 3:16 AM
    • camera stores

Bulgaria Jul 10, 2015 at 7:20 AM

where are the famous camera shops in Sofia city?

• ClaireBrown94's Profile Photo

Opinions/Reviews of sunny beach

Sunny Beach Jul 7, 2015 at 1:51 PM

Just wanting some opinions on sunny beach. Heard some good and bad reviews so I just wondered what people thought. Thinking of booking a holiday 7th September for 2 weeks. Also does anyone know any good hotels. Me and my partner are going, both aged 21. We will want to go out and drink but also have a couple of quiet nights. Thanks for any info!

2 Answers Jul 14, 2015 at 7:26 PM
    • is it safe?

Burgas Jul 6, 2015 at 11:49 PM

We're taking a cruise that's stoping in Burgas. Is it safe to go visit?
      we're only going to be there for 10 hours, are there nice things to nearby? (since we don't have that much time to move around the country..)

5 Answers Jul 7, 2015 at 10:48 AM
    • bus / taxi kyustendil to rila monastery

Kyustendil Jul 5, 2015 at 4:58 AM

Is there a bus / taxi service to Rila monastery in October.

1 Answer Jul 5, 2015 at 5:27 AM
    • Spending money on all inclusive holiday

Bulgaria Jun 29, 2015 at 2:28 PM

Hi we are 2x adults and 2x 15year olds coming to sunny beach on Friday for 2 wks,
      we are all inclusive...we would like to go out nightly to experience the area, we will make use of our aI...can any one give us a guid to how much spending money we will need.

Thank you 

2 Answers Jun 30, 2015 at 6:55 AM
    • bus stops between Sofia & Skopje on the city to city service

Sofia Jun 29, 2015 at 1:41 PM

Is there a stop anywhere near Kratovo I want to stay in a hotel in that region.
      Thank you.

3 Answers Jul 2, 2015 at 1:36 PM
    • dlandt's Profile Photo

Good one or two day destinations in Serbia or Macedonia from Sofia

Sofia Jun 22, 2015 at 7:00 PM

Hello VTers!

I will be making a trip through Bulgaria for two weeks in August with a native friend. At the end of that time I will be arriving back in Sofia and will part from my friend for the last three days. I want to use those three days to see another country, either Macedonia or Serbia, ideally both. I will have my ten year old daughter with me and I have read enough to know that I won't be able to drive a rental car into Macedonia and probably not to Serbia either. I am thinking that if there is a company that does daytrips to either (like get on the bus, go there, hop off, get back on the bus at the end of the day) place it would be nice. I would also think outside the box if there are other ways. Any advice or experience you want to share will be gratefully accepted!

3 Answers Jun 26, 2015 at 1:17 PM
    • Alone to Sunny beach? End of June?

Sunny Beach Jun 22, 2015 at 12:40 PM

I was wondering if it's a good idea to go to Sunny Beach all by myself, my friends have no time/money sadly. But i'd still like to have a good time this year. I was also wondering if the end of June is a good period to go there since it's a bit early. As in will there be enough people around my age(23) to party/socialize with?

I hope someone can help me out here.

2 Answers Jun 22, 2015 at 10:09 PM
    • bus / train Burgas - Bucharest

Ruse Jun 21, 2015 at 1:19 AM

Is it possible to travel from Burgas via Ruse to Bucharest by bus / train in one day. We are at present intending to cath a Certop Bus from Burgas sector 11 Monday June 22, as we speak only English we are having serious trouble communicating with locals. We are resigned to staying overnight in Ruse but there seems to be a chance that we can complete the journey in one day, Phil and Sue

4 Answers Jun 21, 2015 at 3:31 AM
    • Maurizioago's Profile Photo

Spas in Bulgaria.

Bulgaria Jun 11, 2015 at 11:43 AM

I' ve just read about a spa in Sofia. Is it work to visit some spas in Bulgaria? Could you recommend some?

2 Answers Jun 12, 2015 at 5:06 AM
    • How much does it cost

Obzor May 22, 2015 at 5:46 AM

How much does it cost to eat and drink out here please

1 Answer May 22, 2015 at 12:35 PM
    • Burgas airport to Sunny beach transfer

Sunny Beach Apr 29, 2015 at 5:50 AM

I must travel to Bulgaria soon and I decide to visit Sunny beach and Nesebar because my flight is to Burgas. Can someone recommend me a company so I can book a cheap transfer from Burgas to Sunny beach. Varna is also an option. Thank you !

4 Answers Apr 29, 2015 at 7:50 AM
    • Any vineyards nearby to visit?

Sozopol Apr 9, 2015 at 11:46 AM

Anybody may advice, if there are any vineyards nearby (within, say 50km range) Sozopol? We will be there end of July, sure would be nice to relax on the beach, but we will not do it for a long time, surely will be wandering around. Would be nice to visit a nice vineyard, Bulgarian wines are really good.

3 Answers Apr 10, 2015 at 11:17 AM