Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• How much does it cost

Obzor 6 hours ago

How much does it cost to eat and drink out here please

• Burgas airport to Sunny beach transfer

Sunny Beach Apr 29, 2015 at 5:50 AM

Hello,

I must travel to Bulgaria soon and I decide to visit Sunny beach and Nesebar because my flight is to Burgas. Can someone recommend me a company so I can book a cheap transfer from Burgas to Sunny beach. Varna is also an option. Thank you !

4 Answers Apr 29, 2015 at 7:50 AM
    • Any vineyards nearby to visit?

Sozopol Apr 9, 2015 at 11:46 AM

Anybody may advice, if there are any vineyards nearby (within, say 50km range) Sozopol? We will be there end of July, sure would be nice to relax on the beach, but we will not do it for a long time, surely will be wandering around. Would be nice to visit a nice vineyard, Bulgarian wines are really good.

3 Answers Apr 10, 2015 at 11:17 AM
    • Spending Money ££

Sunny Beach Mar 30, 2015 at 4:58 AM

I am going to sunny beach for 1 week end of May with my sister (22 & 24 years old)
      We were wondering how much we will need for the week as we have never been to Bulgaria and used the LEV. we are self catering so will be eating out every day and we will be going out clubbing and to pubs most nights.

Thanks

7 Answers Mar 30, 2015 at 12:26 PM
    • Black sea Accomodations - small on the beach

Bulgaria Mar 24, 2015 at 8:55 AM

The 2 of us are traveling to Bulgaria this July 2105 and we are looking for small, mid-to-high end accommodations on the beach, preferably the southern part of the Black Sea.
      Not the family-holiday package accommodations that we see, but more private and reserved....can be an Inn or a B&B or whatever. Traveling with our own car, we are flexible.
      Any suggestions or exposing hidden treasures would be welcome

2 Answers Mar 24, 2015 at 10:04 AM
    • Bus connections

Apriltsi Mar 24, 2015 at 12:42 AM

Hi. Does anyone know if there is a bus connection between Apriltsi and Veliko Tarnovo?

2 Answers Mar 24, 2015 at 2:44 PM
    • ohaiyo's Profile Photo

Logistic question

Sofia Mar 6, 2015 at 11:15 AM

Hi,

I am planning a one week vacation in Bulgaria in September before heading to Romania. My itinerary is Sophia, Rila Monastery, Plovidiv, Bachkovo Monastery, and Veliko Tarnovo. I will be traveling by myself. I am wondering if one week is sufficient to cover all the places mentioned. Is there a train system or bus system that connects all these places? I am not a good driver so I prefer not to drive. Also, how would I get to Bucharest, Romania from Veliko Tarnovo?

Thank you

4 Answers Apr 10, 2015 at 11:43 AM
    • Spring vacation - Stara Planina?

Bulgaria Mar 5, 2015 at 2:55 PM

Hi -

We've decided to spend our one week spring vacation in central Bulgaria (hopefully enjoying it as much as we enjoy the southern (and higher) mountains of Rila and Pirin... We'll be staying at Tryavna (thanks johngayton for your recommendation), but we actually have decided to rent a car instead of going on public transportation. W'll appreciate any suggestions regarding places that can be reached within less than 90 min by car from Tryavna. We're interested especially in nature and photo opportunities, less in history (unless it's very photogenic... ;) ) Any hidden secrets about amazing natural beauties, scenic drives, authentic ethnographic traditions and locations, etc. will be very much appreciated...

Please keep in mind that we'll be travelling on last week of March - so I guess some of the trails won't be in a good state... (Hopefully we won't get a rainy week...)

Thanks again, Ana.

P.S. As we'll be driving to/from Sofia - any info about interesting places on the way there and back will be appreciated too...

1 Answer Mar 6, 2015 at 6:02 PM
    • Suggested plan for a spring vacation

Bulgaria Mar 4, 2015 at 1:45 PM

Hi -

We're about to book a spring vacation in Bulgaria. We've been there a few times already (most spent around the mountains, one at the beach), and now we're looking for a nice place to spend a week - without renting a car. We would like to be able to enjoy the beautiful scenery and maybe some local spring festivals (I heard there's something going on on the last weekend before Easter).
      Our first choice would be Bansko - just because we enjoyed it so much last time, in the summer.
      Any other suggestions?
      We haven't been up north at all (except 1 short visit to Veliko Trnovo about 20 years ago), and we LOVE high mountains (but not skiing!!), spring flowers, local food and local culture. We enjoyed festival at Gela very much last summer.
      We're planning to get "there" (wherever it'll be...) by public transportation, and rent a small place (preferably an apartment, or a room at a local family hostel, not a hotel ! )
      Dates of travel would be 27th March till 3rd April.

Any suggestions for a tranquil and beautiful place to spend a week at?

Thanks,
      Ana.

6 Answers Mar 5, 2015 at 9:57 AM
    • metro in sofia

Sofia Mar 3, 2015 at 2:11 PM

can you take the metro from sofia airport to central sofia?

3 Answers Mar 6, 2015 at 6:01 PM
    • AbbieB's Profile Photo

Value For money

Sunny Beach Mar 2, 2015 at 7:48 AM

I've just booked a girl holiday to Sunny Beach for a week and with it being my first time visiting Bulgaria I've been asking round about what to expect with prices getting different replies, I was wondering if it is as cheap as I've been told?

4 Answers Mar 2, 2015 at 11:57 AM
    • Booking internal bus tickets.

Bulgaria Feb 25, 2015 at 4:38 PM

Where can I buy bus tickets online from overseas for internal Bulgarian bus lines, Especially Valeross.

6 Answers Feb 26, 2015 at 7:08 PM
    • Cooking class

Sofia Feb 9, 2015 at 12:41 PM

Hi!

I am looking for cooking class, someone can help me ? :-)

1 Answer Feb 9, 2015 at 1:18 PM
    • From Sofia to Athens

Sofia Jan 15, 2015 at 5:35 AM

Dear All,

I am a new member here and I feel a bit confused as I tried to find some travel information online, which however seemed inadequate.

I intend to travel to Sofia soon and from there take a coach or the train to Athens Greece.

I can find no available phone number/ contact details or online booking form to arrange for my journey from Sofia to Athens, so kindly I am asking for any suggestions on where I could look at!

All the best

6 Answers Jan 15, 2015 at 10:46 PM
    • FruitLover's Profile Photo

Best Veg Restaurant

Sofia Dec 14, 2014 at 2:50 PM

Hello Folks,

What's the best Vegetarian / Vegan restaurant in Sofia?

Blagodaria!
      Avi

1 Answer Dec 14, 2014 at 11:27 PM

Guided tour 27-28 Dec

Sofia Nov 29, 2014 at 4:14 PM

Hello folks,

I'm interested in one/two days guided tour from Sofia to the mountains, ON 27-28 DECEMBER!

Any suggestion / people to join me ?

Avi

2 Answers Dec 5, 2014 at 6:19 PM
    • Trakata or Alan Mak? or Albena area

Bulgaria Nov 22, 2014 at 10:48 PM

Trying to choose between 2 villas in the above areas but cannot decide! Is one area closer to beaches & more lively than the other? Or not much difference betw the two? Will car hire be recommended? Ideally looking for walking distance to bars & restaurants for evenings, beach & other activities in the day.

Alternative villa options are in Albena area? Any advice much appreciated please, thanks...

1 Answer Nov 23, 2014 at 1:26 PM
    • Christening Gifts

Bulgaria Oct 29, 2014 at 12:05 PM

Our Bulgarian friends are having their first child christened in December. What should we consider when choosing a suitable gift?

2 Answers Oct 30, 2014 at 3:04 AM
    • Sofia - Skopje

Sofia Oct 15, 2014 at 7:24 AM

Hello! I want to travel from Bucharest, Romania to Skopje. I found out how to get from Bucharest to Sofia, but I would like to know more about the buses from Sofia to Skopje (where can I take them from, the time table, if I can buy tickets there, how long is the distance between railway station to the bus station)
      Thank you!:)

4 Answers Oct 15, 2014 at 9:00 AM

Visa for Indonesia

Sofia Oct 10, 2014 at 2:20 AM

Hello folks,

Planning one month independent trip to INDONESIA, my question is

What's the procedure for a Bulgarian citizen (passport + identity card) to get visa to Indonesia.
      Is it ON ARRIVAL when landing in one of the airports of Indonesia,
      or
      the procedure is to ask for visa in advance in the embassy in Sofia?

Many thanx in advance,
      Avraham

3 Answers Oct 10, 2014 at 6:22 PM
    • Battery Charger for nikon D3200

Sofia Oct 2, 2014 at 6:04 PM

I am looking for a Battery Charger for nikon D3200.MH-24 or compatible. Any shops in the center??

1 Answer Oct 2, 2014 at 10:19 PM
    • Karlie85's Profile Photo

Mail box/post office in airport?

Sofia Sep 29, 2014 at 10:52 AM

Flying out tomorrow morning and I haven't gotten a chance to mail my postcards. There's no mail box near my apartment and I'm in for the night. On the Sofia Airport website it says there is a post office in Terminal 1 and Terminal 2. Just wondering if anyone can confirm this? Thanks.

1 Answer Sep 29, 2014 at 11:00 AM
    • taurean_traveller's Profile Photo

Quiet Beach Location

Bulgaria Sep 25, 2014 at 10:16 AM

I appreciate that Bulgaria is becoming more and more busy as a tourist attraction What we are looking for is a very quiet "village type"resort with small hotels and no night clubs mainly just restaurants and Taverna type places. To be able to stroll peacefully without masses of crowds.

Possibly some Bay along the coast
      Don't know much about Bulgaria other than visiting Nessebar on Sunny Beach which was far too noisy and busy for us for our main holiday

6 Answers Sep 30, 2014 at 8:13 AM
    • Are taxis, buses, trains and indeed pavements wheelchair accessible?

Bulgaria Sep 24, 2014 at 4:27 AM

We are staying at Thracian cliffs golf course in June 2015 and want to be able to get to Balchik and Sunny beach area during our stay. Will we find this possible with a wheelchair?

4 Answers Sep 24, 2014 at 1:43 PM
    • snowboarding/skiing

Borovec Sep 20, 2014 at 2:38 PM

Hello everybody,
      Is there anybody who is travelling to borovets for skiing or snowboarding between 24th of dec 2014 and 3rd of jan 2015 and would like to join me :) I am travelling on my own.

• Place to stay around Central Sofia in November

Bulgaria Sep 5, 2014 at 11:47 PM

Looking for apt around central Sofia for the month of November. Also, is the weather a factor this time of year? I'm traveling from Hawaii so cold weather is something new for me. Not necessarily a bad thing but I want to be prepared. My budget for the apt is between 400€-700€. Thanks for your time!

1 Answer Sep 6, 2014 at 12:32 AM
    • Buying sleeper train reservations before arrival in Bulgaria

Bulgaria Sep 4, 2014 at 10:53 AM

I am trying to find an agent or some other means to purchase a single berth sleeping car reservation for Ruse to Istanbul and Istanbul to Stara Zagora in October?
      I know it would probably be easier to go by bus but I enjoy rail travel so would like to make that part of my holiday.

Ideally I'd like to have the reservations in my hand before I leave England so a UK agent or someone that could post them would be my preference (failing that to be able to collect them would work).

5 Answers Sep 4, 2014 at 11:21 PM
    • burgas in september?

Burgas Sep 3, 2014 at 3:17 AM

hi,
      My friends and I was thinking about taking a vacation in sunny beach in september (18-21/9).
      we are looking for parties and beach mostly (age 20)
      are there still parties in sunny beach in that dates?
      would we be able to go to the beach? or its too cold?

thank you!!

2 Answers Sep 3, 2014 at 9:03 AM
    • MontagS's Profile Photo

working in sofia

Sofia Aug 28, 2014 at 6:10 AM

Hello!!!im considering a position in sofia with about 700€.you think I could manage?
      Thanks in advance!!!

7 Answers Sep 13, 2014 at 7:35 PM
    • snasima's Profile Photo

appropriate time to go to Varna

Varna Aug 24, 2014 at 12:30 AM

hi,
      my husband and I want to go on a relaxation trip, we think about Varna. because of its beach.
      but if we now apply for visa . it may take at least 18 days, so i want to know , is august appropriate for sunbathing on varna beaches and swimming in hotel pools ?
      we just worry about the weather , i mean . one month later, does the weather get cold to swim and sun bathe or not ?

7 Answers Oct 10, 2014 at 12:50 PM