Bulgaria Travel Answers

change location
JLBG's Profile Photo

Vacations for locals ?

by JLBG Online Now Mar 3, 2013 at 12:58 PM

Are there any vacations for locals (school children and parents) around Orthodox Easter (May 5th) ? What is the period ? I expected that the beginning of May would be low season but I have found that several hotels were already booked out ! Thanks

Quote & Answer
3 Answers
  • mirchica's Profile Photo

Re: Vacations for locals ?

by mirchica Online Now Mar 3, 2013 at 1:23 PM

Hi,
    As you said 5-th of May is Easter in Bulgaria and also we have two national holidays 1-st (labour day) and 6-th (St. George ans the day of the army) of May so the holidays this years are from 1-6 May. Many people use this period to travel so really you better hurry up ;)

1 member found this helpful

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • JLBG's Profile Photo

by JLBG Online Now Mar 4, 2013 at 2:09 PM

Thanks a lot Mira ! You live in a beautiful country and a beautiful town that I will visit for the first time. I have booked the two first nights (may 5th and 6th) in Melnik. May be I will book also the following night too but after that, I prefer not to book and be free of our itinerary ! If vacations for locals end on the 6th, tht should make lodging easier ! Plovdiv will be on our way, but I don't know when yetmirchica wrote:

Hi, As you said 5-th of May is Easter in Bulgaria and also we have two national holidays 1-st (labour day) and 6-th (St. George ans the day of the army) of May so the holidays this years are from 1-6 May. Many people use this period to travel so really you better hurry up ;)

Be the first to rate this answer!

• mirchica's Profile Photo

by mirchica Online Now Mar 4, 2013 at 11:43 PM

Thank you for the nice words, if I can help you with some other tips, just let me know!

Be the first to rate this answer!

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Popular Bulgaria Travel Answer Locations