change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• Shane_Australia's Profile Photo

What exactly am I eating ?

Philippine Mar 28, 2014 at 4:43 AM

I'd like to visit the Philippines for a two week holiday with my family. So I decided to do some online browsing about the the Philippines and came across an article (Below) that horrified me. It concerns the common practice of torturing, killing and eating dogs and cats. My question is : If I take the family out to a restaurant and order beef, lamb or pork, how can I be sure that I'm not being served dog or cat instead ? .......................................................... PHILIPPINES: DOG MEAT CRUELTY IN EVERY WAY: this dog is having it’s SHOULDER’S RIPPED OUT OF THEIR SOCKETS by the brutal cruelty inflicted on it by it’s new owner: a dog eater who sees it as nothing more than a ‘MEAL’ Before being carried like a bag, the dog was already in considerable pain from having it’s FRONT LEGS WRENCHED BACKWARDS AND TIED UP ONTO IT’S SPINE, which is completely unnatural for a dog. It’s hind legs were also bound tightly. The DOG’S MOUTH was bound tightly shut then an old TIN CAN JAMMED ON IT’S FACE. The Philippines has a hot climate (you can see the men are wearing sandals) and dogs NEED TO PANT TO COOL THEIR BODY TEMPERATURE. The dog must have gone through tremendous panic and overheating, through terror and not being able to cool itself and lower it’s stress. (The photo was taken a few years ago in a PHILIPPINES DOG MEAT MARKET.) Recently, a friend of mine LIVED IN THE PHILIPPINES FOR TWO YEARS and every Wednesday afternoon their next door neighbour would HANG A LIVE DOG UP, beat it with a club as it screamed BLOOD CURDLING SCREAMS of agony, then the man would start skinning the dog before it was even dead. He would then boil it and his family would eat it. The screams of the dog would have my friend and her FAMILY CRYING AND DISTRAUGHT INSIDE THEIR HOUSE, reeling in horror at what what happening. Because the neighbour was doing this outside, not only would they HEAR THE SCREAMS OF THE DOG and the thud of the dog being brutalised but the SMELL would also waft over to them. Dog meat has a particularly pungent stench. My friend and her family began leaving their house on Wednesday’s to try and avoid the horror but that was not always possible. Eventually they MOVED TO ANOTHER HOUSE because they could not bare what was considered “normal.” This has NOTHING TO DO WITH “CULTURAL TRADITIONS.” That is a MANTRA that’s used as an excuse for animal cruelty. The Philippines government has LAWS IN PLACE THAT NEED TO BE ENFORCED RATHER THAN IGNORED. The dog meat trade is outlawed in the Philippines but it definitely STILL EXISTS, even with authorities arresting dog traffickers from time to time.

more

Near Buguias