Buffalo Travel Answers

change location

A short stay in Buffalo

by serg_juv Online Now May 31, 2006 at 2:51 AM

Hi everybody,

I will be in Buffalo for a short time (from around 5pm until early next morning) and I'm thinking what can I do then. I guess it's too a short time to go and spend the night in Niagara Falls because I have to catch a flight in Buffalo at 6am. I guess it will be easier to go to the airport from Buffalo than from Niagara... right?

Any ideas about what can I do in Buffalo? Maybe walking around the seashore area? Is this well-communicated? (I won't have a car). Also, please let me know about any hotel recommendations that you may have.

Thanks in advance,

Sergio

Quote & Answer
1 Answer
  • RE: A short stay in Buffalo

by hammerb44 Online Now May 31, 2006 at 4:15 PM

Yes, it will be easier to go to the airport from Buffalo than from Niagara Falls. I'm not sure what your budget is, but the most centrally located hotels are probably the Buffalo Hampton Inn, or the Hyatt.

If you are going to be in Buffalo on a Thursday, Friday, or Saturday, and you like to drink, I'd suggest going to the downtown "Chippewa area". There are many bars there and they stay open until 4:00am.

We also have many art galleries in the "Elmwood Village" area, but I am not sure what time they are open until. Our waterfront is 'somewhat' easy to get to by foot. There is a naval musem there and some great scenery, but not much else.

You may want to go to www.buffaloplace.com to see what is going on the night you will be in town. I hope this helps. Enjoy!

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines