Buenos Aires

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• Bus from EZA

by BruceM28 Online Now 9 hours ago

What and where is the nearest bus station that will take me to San Rafael, Argentina?

more
    • Is it safe

by chunjs Online Now Jul 24, 2014 at 12:36 PM

I am planning to visit Buenos Aires in October, not joining a tour group. I heard that there are on going demonstrations all over the city. Will it be safe to visit and do individual tour?

more
    • donnajstevens's Profile Photo

tango lessons

by donnajstevens Online Now May 19, 2013 at 6:57 AM

Hi, I will be in Buenos Aires in September and I am interested in taking tango lessons. Can anyone recommend classes or teachers?

thanks

3 Answers Jul 6, 2013 at 11:13 AM
    • lukeshartung's Profile Photo

Partying in Buenos Aires?

by lukeshartung Online Now May 16, 2013 at 7:53 AM

I’m going to be in Buenos Aires for a week or two at the start of my trip, can anyone recommend good places to party?

4 Answers Jun 7, 2013 at 5:28 PM
    • Counterfeit Pesos

by Markrpaulson Online Now May 4, 2013 at 4:24 PM

With all the information about counterfeit pesos, has anyone used a counterfeit pen to test the currency?

6 Answers May 8, 2013 at 6:47 AM
    • Exchanging Dollars

by Markrpaulson Online Now Apr 29, 2013 at 6:14 PM

We are vacationing in Buenos Aires in June for 12 days.
      My head is spinning with all that I've read re taking dollars, ATM's, credit cards, Xoom and "blue" rate.
      I'm hoping to hear from someone that has just returned or is in Argintina with so of wisdom.

9 Answers Jul 30, 2013 at 5:28 PM
    • Buenos Aires in July/ August?

by raindancer76 Online Now Apr 23, 2013 at 10:41 AM

Hi! I am planning for a trip in either July or August. Are there any outdoor tango events and activities to do? Also, I am Canadian and used to harsh winters. How cold should I expect it to get and what should I bring to wear? Thanks for your responses !

9 Answers Jul 21, 2013 at 3:06 PM
    • Share your search for a spanish school in Buenos Aires

by ware446 Online Now Apr 22, 2013 at 6:40 PM

Tell me your experience...

7 Answers Jan 14, 2014 at 5:25 AM
    • Omega watches in Buenos Aires

by MtnHrdwear Online Now Apr 13, 2013 at 6:52 PM

Hello, I am planning a trip to Buenos Aires. How much can I expect to pay for a typical Omega watch? Let's say a Planet Ocean. Is it less expensive to buy something like this in the USA?

2 Answers Apr 29, 2013 at 3:48 PM
    • Stay in a city hotel or in the Cruise ship

by iromerodiaz Online Now Mar 12, 2013 at 8:16 AM

I am going to Buenos Aires in a cruise ship departing from Santos , Sao Paulo, the ship stops in Buenos Aires for 2 days. It is better to stay that night in the hotel or sleep in the Cruise ship, for example the distance from the Sao PAulo center to Santos is 1h 1/2 driving. Is In Buenos Aires the same?

7 Answers Apr 6, 2013 at 6:25 AM
    • How do I retrieve a lost password from the reciprocity fee website?

by lainmaster Online Now Mar 11, 2013 at 10:34 PM

I paid the reciprocity fee online, but wasn't near a printer to print it. Now I have forgotten my password and it won't send it to me. I have called all the numbers on the website and have emailed all the links, and no one has gotten back to me. Who should I contact to get the proper my password or my reciprocity form?

1 Answer Mar 12, 2013 at 8:25 AM
    • ATXtraveler's Profile Photo

Any VT Members want to show a "mileage runner" around?

by ATXtraveler Online Now Mar 11, 2013 at 7:33 PM

I will be in BA on Sunday April 7th, from 8am through 10pm while I am taking a "mileage run" to earn Airline miles... if anyone wants to show a fellow traveler around, I would love to have a driver or expert in the area! I am glad to pay for gas and buy lunch and dinner!

• Glasses

by Maso335 Online Now Feb 19, 2013 at 3:50 AM

What will they cost to buy

7 Answers Feb 19, 2013 at 10:23 AM
    • Sube travel card

by rockyryan Online Now Jan 13, 2013 at 8:48 AM

Can You please clear this subject up foe me. I land at AEP Buenos aires. I have 8 days in BA so will be buzzing around the city. Can I buy a Sube card at AES Airport on arrival, if so where in the airport ? How much can/should I load on it, and is it easy to buy and use ?

I like this system, Hong Kong have an octopus card where by you can travel on any form of transport and even use it in places like McDonalds, So very convenient and at the end of your trip you can get back any balance left on it,

3 Answers Mar 12, 2013 at 5:11 AM
    • San Telmo safety

by sjavna Online Now Jan 12, 2013 at 2:14 PM

My husband and I have rented an apartment for a month in the San Telmo area of Buenos Aires, on the corner of Defensa and Chile. Now we've started to hear that San Telmo isn't safe at night, and we're having second thoughts. Our potential landlady says it's the main street of the area, is quite safe, and has an active night life. We have no way of judging what's true. Does anybody have experience with that area, and specifically, with that part of it?

5 Answers Jan 6, 2014 at 11:04 AM
    • gambit187's Profile Photo

Pesos accepted at Brazil side Iguacu ?

by gambit187 Online Now Jan 5, 2013 at 1:59 PM

Hi will pesos be accepted on the Brazilian side?
      Please reply urgently.
      Thanks to all.

11 Answers Jan 9, 2013 at 8:40 AM

Cuban cigars

by gambit187 Online Now Jan 4, 2013 at 11:13 AM

Where can I buy Cuban cigars from a reputable retailer in central BA?

Thanks guys

3 Answers Mar 12, 2013 at 5:28 AM
    • what area to stay in for ten days

by timba Online Now Dec 21, 2012 at 11:00 AM

Hi VT'ers, would really appreciate your thoughts on what area of Buenos Aires you all would recommend my wife and I look for a apartment in.
      We are going to rent a apartment for 10 days and cant decide what part of town we want to base out of. A friend of ours mentioned Palermo but I notice there are a few area's even around Palermo to consider.
      We are going to be there March 5th through the 15th (if that would make any difference). We like to stay in places that have easy access to transportation (preferably the subway), has shopping markets available (we like to cook our own meals occasionally) and has a vibrant street life but not to noisy. I know, I know, this sounds so picky. Actually we're pretty easy but these would be our preferences if it's all available in a place to stay.
      Thanks everyone that have even made it this far in my post. And thanks to all that respond.
      Have a great holiday season everyone!

7 Answers Feb 27, 2013 at 8:46 PM

Don't eat steak what are our options!???

by gambit187 Online Now Dec 20, 2012 at 1:04 PM

Hi all,

First of all I wanted to ask the typical question of what the best highlights for me and my wife to visit in about 7 days. We are both very early 30s. Is there anything new that we should not miss for example? What about history? We don't really want to go to museums but we like architecture and beautiful places and would like to see some history. Even someone mentioned the old cemetery - is this something to see really or just boring?

Anyway second point and this is the BIG point is we both do not eat beef. Now I know the big thing in Argentina is steak so I wanted to know will there be plenty of other options like pork and chicken and lamb in barbecue or grill style for us??? Does anyone know any good places where we could get this?

We are staying in between Palermo and Recoleta and will be there just after new year.

Thanks for all your help guys.

10 Answers Mar 12, 2013 at 5:39 AM
    • Tango schools in Buenos Aires

by EduardoCh Online Now Dec 19, 2012 at 9:09 AM

Which are the best tango schools in Buenos Aires?

1 Answer Jun 30, 2014 at 5:53 AM
    • Money Exchange

by florie1 Online Now Dec 5, 2012 at 5:04 PM

Thank you to all the forum mebers that have assited me. I have my airline ticket. I found a phenomenal hotel with amazing reviews within my budget. Now to my next question. I have heard soooo many diferent opinions. So here is my questions:
      * Cash better than ATM? The hotel is asking for cash. I wonder if it is going to be better to carry cash. Emergency: Use ATM.
      * I understand that I can get a better rate than the normally posted AR$4.60 at places called "cuevas" where I can get a rate as good as AR$ 6.50. I have ben told that ask the hotel for a recomendation on a "cueva." Anyone has experienced exchanging in locations like this? Any other places that are recomended to get a better exchange rate? Name and address will be great. I am staying close to San Thelmo.
      * Is true that you are only allow to exchange large bill of50 and100?
      * Any other information that I should know.
      I am aware that the airport is not the best place to exchange. It is the same way were I come from in Panama. Banks usually are not the best place to exchange but "casas de cambio" or "Houses to Exchange" locations are the best choice.
      Thank you in advance.

11 Answers Dec 16, 2012 at 6:40 AM
    • Florie's Profile Photo

Inexpensive & Clean Hotel in BA for $30 U.S. Is it possible?

by Florie Online Now Nov 13, 2012 at 4:46 PM

Finally I own a r/t ticket to BA leaving on 12/27 to 1/17. AA dropped the rate to1200 r/t from San Francisco!!!! I am looking for an inexpesive hotel for30 U.S. in the center of BA. I am flying to EZE. Is this rate possible to find? If you include the website, it will be fantastic!

Thank you again to all the members of this forum.

5 Answers Dec 6, 2012 at 11:38 AM
    • Florie's Profile Photo

Help! A dream in the making for many years, but I am restricted in funds...

by Florie Online Now Sep 27, 2012 at 8:53 PM

I am traveling from San Francisco (SFO) to EZE. So far I am able to find airfare for635/one way to EZE airport. The problem is the return from EZE to SFO. The ticket climbs up to1035 and higher. I am employed, but very under-employed. I can afford1000/rt. Max1200. Trip is during the Christmas break anytime from 12/20 to 1/10. I have tried AA, United, Delta, Copa...no luck :/ Any advise from the forum will be great;y appreciated! Also, if you happen to know the answer, why is it cheaper to go to Argentina and double the price to leave?
      Thank you in advance for your response.
      Hablo espanol si my gente de Argentina quieren ayudarme en decifrar como volar por el mejor precio posible. Gracias!

10 Answers Nov 13, 2012 at 1:56 PM
    • milliturtle's Profile Photo

Puertas Cerradas

by milliturtle Online Now Aug 28, 2012 at 9:51 PM

Hi, I recently came across an article talking about this underground restaurant scene in Buenos Aires called puertas cerradas where the chef will open up their homes and run a restaurant on some nights of the week. This sounds really interesting and I would like to try something like that. Has anyone ever been to one? I can hardly speak any Spanish, do you think this might be an issue? Would love to hear your experiences and recommendations.

Thanks in advance.

2 Answers Aug 29, 2012 at 12:41 AM
    • Strad's Profile Photo

Help! Can someone identify the name of this type of Incense?

by Strad Online Now Aug 16, 2012 at 5:07 AM

I bought this Incense from a street vendor in Buenos Aires, I wonder they have a name (see image link)?

http://i50.tinypic.com/js0hzq.jpg

Thank you all in advance!

Strad

• ctjonas's Profile Photo

Prepais Cell Phone

by ctjonas Online Now Aug 5, 2012 at 1:31 PM

Hi!
      On our visit to Argentina (Buenos Aires/San Telmo) we will need prepaid Argentinian cell phone sim cards. Which provider is most recommendable?? Are there providers, which offer online services/internet access also? MUCHOS GRACIAS for any answers.

2 Answers Sep 7, 2012 at 10:40 AM
    • December/January Travel

by kbd101 Online Now May 21, 2012 at 8:05 PM

Good day! I've begun to plan a trip to Buenos Aires for about a month in December and January. I'm very interested in suggestions regarding place to eat, things to do/see and especially lodging. I'm on a budget, so I'll appreciate any money-saving tips for Buenos Aires! Thank you :)

1 Answer May 22, 2012 at 5:49 AM
    • Fellow traveller welcome for Antartica voyage.

by vkmurthy77 Online Now May 5, 2012 at 7:22 AM

Looking for fellow traveller.Posted: Sat May 5, 2012 02:19 PM UTC
      I am traverrling from Ushuaia for Classic Antartica Ushuaia Voyage from 16th
      March 2013 to 25.03.13 and looking for companion travleler for the same days
      and trip. If any body is intersted let me know.
      Thanks.

2 Answers Jun 22, 2012 at 9:20 PM
    • ctjonas's Profile Photo

learning Tango

by ctjonas Online Now Apr 23, 2012 at 6:52 AM

Hi!
      my boyfriend and I want to visit Buenos Aires for about 10 days in early February next year.
      We want to explore the city and also some other parts of the country. and of course: WE WANT TO DANCE.
      We would call ourselves "advanced beginners", we do not have the ambition to ever become expert dancers. We just LOVE the music and the dance and want to improve our dancing.
      Question: which tango schools or workshops could be recommended? what are there terms? opening hours? prices?
      thanks a lot for your help!

2 Answers Aug 26, 2012 at 8:37 AM
    • Globalcitizen2012's Profile Photo

Is June or July an okay time to visit?

by Globalcitizen2012 Online Now Apr 15, 2012 at 7:57 PM

Hi Everyone,

I'm stuck between traveling to Cuba or Bueno Aires (Argentina) this summer during June or July.

Is the month of June an okay time to visit Argentina?

I'm thinking that the winter season may not be the best time to check out Buenos Aires.

Please let me know what you folks think.

4 Answers Apr 23, 2012 at 5:21 AM
    • Traveling to Buenos Aires in a month.

by michaelfx Online Now Mar 26, 2012 at 9:14 AM

I am traveling to Buenos Aires in a month and want to know where staying. I'm looking for something cheap, comfortable, well located and of course fun.
      I hope I can help!

6 Answers Apr 16, 2012 at 7:21 AM
    • Average meal cost

by sean2008 Online Now Mar 24, 2012 at 3:08 AM

Hi,

How much is the average meal cost for a steak in BA? No fancy restaurants, just good quality food! Im travelling round South america but as a steak lover, I want to sample there much loved steak!

Also, when people quote prices in do they mean US?

Thanks in advance

4 Answers Mar 25, 2012 at 2:46 PM